WIP Map Thread

italy.png

This is far from being done as of yet.

KapiTod

Banned
Ireland around 2030 in Matteystereo's An American War.

unknown.png

A WIP of course.

I'm allowed to work on Ireland within the wider world to help flesh out lore and background and such, so I arrived at this. Since the the imposition of the Hard Border and then the US falling into Civil War Ireland hasn't been doing so hot.

I like to refer to NI as "The Rojava of the North".

Ireland around 2030 in Matteystereo's An American War.

unknown.png

A WIP of course.

I'm allowed to work on Ireland within the wider world to help flesh out lore and background and such, so I arrived at this. Since the the imposition of the Hard Border and then the US falling into Civil War Ireland hasn't been doing so hot.

I like to refer to NI as "The Rojava of the North".
hows the uk? and whats the purple stuff?

KapiTod

Banned
hows the uk? and whats the purple stuff?

"uk"

What UK?

The purple stuff is the Western Protection Front, the sister organisation of the Northern Protection Front, which is the name of the group who've been at the forefront of NI turning that colour.

Last edited:

KapiTod

Banned
This map has also been continued.

unknown.png

Next I'm thinking of the Riverlands. Someone on discord suggested something akin to Renaissance Italy, which is pretty interesting as I want to make the Riverlands more urban and merchant-minded.

If the Reach is constantly divided by bickering feudalism and centuries old blood rivalries then so is the Riverlands, but the smallfolk have found ways around this- their qualities bear the mark of all the cultures and races of Westeros, making them some of the hardiest and sharp minded to ply trade from the headwaters of the Tumbelstone to the balmy shores of the Free Cities.

This map has also been continued.

unknown.png

Next I'm thinking of the Riverlands. Someone on discord suggested something akin to Renaissance Italy, which is pretty interesting as I want to make the Riverlands more urban and merchant-minded.

If the Reach is constantly divided by bickering feudalism and centuries old blood rivalries then so is the Riverlands, but the smallfolk have found ways around this- their qualities bear the mark of all the cultures and races of Westeros, making them some of the hardiest and sharp minded to ply trade from the headwaters of the Tumbelstone to the balmy shores of the Free Cities.
whose Poland and Lithuania and Hungary?

It's not a one to one.

However the North is Eastern European-y.
since this is based on the medieval ages, there should probably be an equivalent of the Kalmar Union and the kingdom of Poland. also, I'm guessing the north is going to be more balkanized than game of thrones since its base on eastern Europe.

KapiTod

Banned
since this is based on the medieval ages, there should probably be an equivalent of the Kalmar Union and the kingdom of Poland. also, I'm guessing the north is going to be more balkanized than game of thrones since its base on eastern Europe.
It's more like making Westeros a bit more realistic than completely redesigning the world.

DISCLAIMER: This map is made purely for entertainment purposes and I do not support any ideas, entities, or persons described therein.

This map is a mishmash of various ideas that I've had floating around. North America is the star of the show, and that big green blob is the American Free State, a white nationalist state created through a long, arduous process starting from the early 1990s.

Basically the anti-globalization and anti-immigration movements of the time do not peter out, but instead take a radical and darker turn, and their proponents focus on setting up roots throughout small Midwest and Dixie towns. They also become increasingly prevalent in the police and military, forming a "Deep State" akin to what we see in IRL Turkey or Pakistan.

Then one fine day in the 2030s (not so fine, as by this time political polarization has reached horrific levels), the President and senior officials are brutally assassinated and a nationalist dictatorship is declared. California, Cascadia, and South Florida quickly declare their independence, which the nationalists are quite happy with. Various southwestern communities swear their allegiance to Mexico instead. The urban-liberal Atlantic Seaboard holds out with the hope of returning to the old order, but is unable to make a move, and eventually separates peacefully. Meanwhile the southern states are party to a horrific partition that hearkens back to what happened in South Asia a century ago.

The new American Free State is not a very nice place to live, being statist, protectionist, authoritarian, and quite poor. America's other successor states are doing quite well.

---

I'm putting a lot of effort into the rest of the world too. Will be a geopolitically interesting place.

ESWwCBx.png