It's a bit off topic but has anyone ever read East of West? I'm trying to project Union society and current aesthetics into a similar sci-fi future and it's pretty wild. Cyberpunk megacorps where everyone still wears tophats! AFC churches the size of city blocks and thirty stories tall! The entirety of the federal government inside a huge ass tower! Some bull "long-lost apocalyptic Burr prophecies" being enacted by high ranking true believers to end the world! It would definitely be ASB but there's a lot of fun to be had.
Hell yeah, East of West is amazing. The same author also did the wonderfully strange Black Monday Murders, which is a lot more esoteric but depicts something of how I imagine the RU's industrial and financial clans evolving by the end of the 20th century.

Hell yeah, East of West is amazing. The same author also did the wonderfully strange Black Monday Murders, which is a lot more esoteric but depicts something of how I imagine the RU's industrial and financial clans evolving by the end of the 20th century.
Henry Ford using Spiritual Marxism to manipulate the stock market! I love it!

Ok, so I have a question about Zap Zephyr. IOTL, lots of American pulp sci-fi heroes fight evil conquering tyrants and warlords and try to either protect humanity or liberate oppressed aliens (especially oppressed alien girls who look suspiciously human). However, the Republican Union sure as hell ain't OTL America. So, what if instead, at least a good portion of Zap's stories aren't about him fighting evil alien tyrants, but instead about him going full Conquistador on some alien Infees? After all, he is a Pinnacle Man! It's in his blood to conquer all he can!

Ok, so I have a question about Zap Zephyr. IOTL, lots of American pulp sci-fi heroes fight evil conquering tyrants and warlords and try to either protect humanity or liberate oppressed aliens (especially oppressed alien girls who look suspiciously human). However, the Republican Union sure as hell ain't OTL America. So, what if instead, at least a good portion of Zap's stories aren't about him fighting evil alien tyrants, but instead about him going full Conquistador on some alien Infees? After all, he is a Pinnacle Man! It's in his blood to conquer all he can!
*When you realize *Star Wars will be from the point of view of Darth Vader*

That statement from Napo almost has me wondering... What if the endgame for TTL isn't nuclear war, or Fascist world domination, but instead the modern world distorted through a funhouse mirror.
The timeline ends with a young Yank using the pseudo-name Steele53 begins crafting he shall dub Where is the Madness?! :openedeyewink:

If Zap is Darth Vader, then could there be.... A Emperor President Palpatine? Potentially played as a bit part by none other than Zap superfan and real life genocidal maniac President Charles Oswald?

Also, I'm trying to figure out if the fact that the Union's favorite sci-fi hero is essentially a horny genocidal space imperialist/warlord is awesome or horrifying. I mean, it's gonna be propaganda palooza, but if someone suggested a TV or movie series about a de-Madnessified version of that concept, I would probably watch the hell out of it.
Everything is proceeding as I have *er* foahseen

If Zap is Darth Vader, then could there be.... A Emperor President Palpatine? Potentially played as a bit part by none other than Zap superfan and real life genocidal maniac President Charles Oswald?

Also, I'm trying to figure out if the fact that the Union's favorite sci-fi hero is essentially a horny genocidal space imperialist/warlord is awesome or horrifying. I mean, it's gonna be propaganda palooza, but if someone suggested a TV or movie series about a de-Madnessified version of that concept, I would probably watch the hell out of it.

I always had an idea of actually writing scripts for Madness movies. Some day I might start an ASB thread that's actually a Zap Zephyr movie or tv show.

"No, Duke, I... am your father." [An older Zap reaches his gloved hand out dramatically, as his son precariously dangles over a chasm].

"That can't be! That's impossible!!" [Duke cries as he discovers his true heritage as a Pinnacle Man and also his hand stump]

"Join me, and together we shall secure the 21st century for the Galactic Union!" [Zap smiles faintly as he offers his son a chance to rat out his friends in the Rebellion]

[Duke's face changes, from horror to inner peace as he realizes his true place as an Anglo Saxon Pinnacle Man]. "Yes... father."

JOIN US NEXT TIME AS ZAP AND DUKE TAKE ON SPACE PYGMIES OF PLANET 11. SAME ZAP TIME, SAME ZAP CHANNEL.

That statement from Napo almost has me wondering... What if the endgame for TTL isn't nuclear war, or Fascist world domination, but instead the modern world distorted through a funhouse mirror.

The New United States is a hyperpower, which is always fighting some little war somewhere to keep jingoism high, and the economy humming. Domestically, the average Yankee is distracted by patriotism, consumerism, and "spreading his Pinnacle Fluids," among other things, and firmly believes in both Fascism and in his own freedom. The Free World is similar, and practically a bunch of Yankee colonies under different flags.

Russia is recovering from the collapse of its Illuminist People's Union, and is spreading its influence in Central Asia once again under a Putin-esque mix of Kolchak and Viktor. This Has Been Noted in Philadelphia.

China is a Beutelist/Illuminist state in name only, while in practice embracing corporatist totalitarianism. Their growing power is Philly's biggest concern, and if anything is going to cause a nuclear war, it's that.

The Middle East is in an eternal three way war between expansionist Greater Israel, which is practically a state of the Union, Sunni Jabal Shammar, and Shia Persia. The "War on Jihadist Terror" has been an exceptional way for the Union to drain excess resources and energy.

Africa is filled with murderous Yankee backed Strong Men who like to war with each other over resources. All Hail the Pinnacle Race!

Continental Europe is mostly part of the Free World now, although there are undercurrents of anti-Americanism which range from justified to biting the hand that feeds you. Former Illuminist Eastern Europe is a warzone between America and Russia.

A world worthy of destruction, but perhaps unable to receive it. The domination of global governments by cynics means that policy is just rational enough to prevent a disaster. Almost 1984-ish in a sense, but much more Stepford than 1984's bellicose totalitarianism.
That's bad.
Russia is recovering from the collapse of its Illuminist People's Union, and is spreading its influence in Central Asia once again under a Putin-esque mix of Kolchak and Viktor. This Has Been Noted in Philadelphia.
"Always look on the bright side of life."

I always had an idea of actually writing scripts for Madness movies. Some day I might start an ASB thread that's actually a Zap Zephyr movie or tv show.

"No, Duke, I... am your father." [An older Zap reaches his gloved hand out dramatically, as his son precariously dangles over a chasm].

"That can't be! That's impossible!!" [Duke cries as he discovers his true heritage as a Pinnacle Man and also his hand stump]

"Join me, and together we shall secure the 21st century for the Galactic Union!" [Zap smiles faintly as he offers his son a chance to rat out his friends in the Rebellion]

[Duke's face changes, from horror to inner peace as he realizes his true place as an Anglo Saxon Pinnacle Man]. "Yes... father."

JOIN US NEXT TIME AS ZAP AND DUKE TAKE ON SPACE PYGMIES OF PLANET 11. SAME ZAP TIME, SAME ZAP CHANNEL.

Imagine someone who never read Madnessverse coming across that thread:

"I'M ZAP ZEPHYR YOU ALIEN INFEE SCUM, AND I WILL CONQUER YOUR PLANET AND YOUR QUEEN IN THE NAME OF MY PINNACLE BODILY FLUIDS!"

"What the fuck does that even mean?"

Imagine someone who never read Madnessverse coming across that thread:

"I'M ZAP ZEPHYR YOU ALIEN INFEE SCUM, AND I WILL CONQUER YOUR PLANET AND YOUR QUEEN IN THE NAME OF MY PINNACLE BODILY FLUIDS!"

"What the fuck does that even mean?"
I like the over the top layered insults
"You mongrelized papist inferior step mongoloid!"

Just realized there are like around 30 chapters dealing with the Great War. That is wayyyyyyyyyyy more detailed than 1.0. Lol Keep in mind as well that 1.0 didn't even HAVE an OTL WWI equivelant.

Just realized there are like around 30 chapters dealing with the Great War. That is wayyyyyyyyyyy more detailed than 1.0. Lol Keep in mind as well that 1.0 didn't even HAVE an OTL WWI equivelant.
I dig it. As long as Oswald still screams "WE WILL BURY YOU!!!" I'm happy. This is the most fun thing I've read in a long time

I know we're a good 20 posts away lol but I was wondering about NUSA. The natural instinct ported over from the old thread would be for Steele or Oswald to launch a genocidal war to conquer CoCaro and declare the United States restored but I think it would work better in the Redux to subvert that impulse. What if Chancellor Gamble, flexing his new muscle, cuts a deal to preserve his nation? The two powers are already joined at the hip when it comes to foreign policy, so what about economic integration a la the EU or the North American Union conspiracy? They could just create a continental currency, declare perpetual union and boom- NUSA. Carolinian radicals might denounce him for selling out Ol' Hickory but if he can get good home rule concessions and spare the Cokies from a devastating total war he'd go down as the most successful Chancellor in the Confederation's history. It wouldn't be completely in Philadelphia's favor, with their secret puppeting of Gamble coming back to bite them in the ass and furthering the delightful trend of the RU having problems with being TOO efficient and successful. In a hypothetical Civil War scenario you could even end up with NUSA surviving on paper and just defederalizing into regional power blocs instead of shattering until some "Governor" is able to bring the rest to heel and restore the Imperial Presidency, something akin to the Mandate of Heaven.

*Edit- in this scenario Carolina would still maintain a Chancellor as well as it's assorted colonies.

After watching Chernobyl, I’ve been pondering what would such a disaster in the RU/NUSA would be like. In their hubris and fanatical belief in the infallibility of the twisted American Superior science, they punch a reactor to the brink and forever contaminate their Pinnacle Fluids. Oswalds (or his successors) incompetence and refusal to show any weakness results in a disaster so great that America begins to crack apart as rage against governmental apathy drives the people to rebel

Someone is the optimist(pessimist?) We still have to go over Europa, it’s colonies, South America and Asia. Then we may have a Great Depression and second(third?) world war.
These posts cover quite a bit of ground, and without the war to tie up narrative resources I think 20 is a good number for the relatively peaceful interwar period.

Do you know who would fit quite well in this timeline, H.C McNeile (who also went by the pen name Sapper) writer of the Bulldog Drummond series i.e. Gentleman Adventurer who exhibits everything wrong with 1920s/30s Conservative British Society.

Now I could see McNeile's family changing the name a bit to MacNeile (they were a mixture of English, Scottish and Irish) and MacNeile changing his hatred towards the Irish, Illumanists and Slavs with Pinnacle Man Bulldog Drummond. He's essentially a very British answer to the Republican Pulp Novels and films (OTL Bulldog Drummond had a film series).
image.jpeg

It doesn't even have to be THE Bulldog Drummond. It could be a stand-in, like what Zap Zephyr is to Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers. "Bulldog Price." Or "Agent Price." (Just a random last name).

Also, he could even be the 007 equivalent.

EDIT: I got it! AGENT SAPPER. It's perfect.