Status
Not open for further replies.
X-Wing Rogue Squadron (2005 Film)
X-Wing Rogue Squadron
Released by Walt Disney Pictures on May 19, 2005
285263._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Cover of the official comic book adaptation.

Following the formation of the Rebel Alliance, Mon Mothma is faced with an undeniable galactic crisis; the construction of a super-weapon capable of destroying entire planets. Roland O'Nest was once a prominent Republic scientist until he is kidnapped by Imperial Officer Ric Faluski and is forced to help build the weapon that would come to be known as the Death Star. O'Nest's estranged daughter Charel joins the Rebel Alliance to steal the Death Star plans. This film is basically a fleshed out telling of the first Rebel victory hinted at in the crawl of the original Star Wars (re-titled on VHS releases as A New Hope). Just like in Rogue One, released eleven years later IOTL, this film ends right where A New Hope begins, with the Tantive IV being chased by the Imperial Star Destroyer.

Directed by
Don Bluth

Screenplay by
Kevin Smith

Story by
Kevin Smith
Daniel Abbott
Mike Gabriel
Eric Goldberg

Music by
John Williams

Voices
David Ogden Stiers as Roland O'Nest; Imperial scientist
Thora Birch as Charel O'Nest; Roland's estranged daughter, Rebel rookie
Chris Evans as Anto Nuchi; Rebel captain
Jim Cummings as Ruh'Gurr; Guardian of the Whills
Tom Hardy as Tobin Bandel; Former Imperial pilot who defects to the Rebels
Steve Buscemi as Ric Faluski; Imperial director of advanced weapons
James Franco as Glair Tarbett; Rebel mercenary
Dan Castellaneta as B-CMP; Former Imperial droid reprogrammed to serve the Rebels
James Earl Jones as Darth Vader
Ashley Drane as Princess Leia
Hayley Mills as Mon Mothma​

Reaction to X-Wing Rogue Squadron
"Ric Faluski's force-choke death is the most satisfying scene in the film."
- The New York Times

"The movie was great and all, but audiences were more freaked out by the reveal of Whitey the Bronco in the Bonkers trailer."
- The Chicago Tribune

"The scene of the base getting vaporized by the Death Star's superlaser is the most jarring I've ever seen in a Disney film."
- Peter Travers; The Rolling Stone.

"Disney's decision to hire Kevin Smith to write the script caught many people off guard at first, but his writing is more than enough to silence the doubters."
- The San Francisco Chronicle

Old navy I remeaber you said that you want to save Consgrow Hall animation . Perhaps you could save it by having the Virgin Group buying Consgrow Hall. I feel that virgin could pop culture ips for thier themeparks.

I'm personally looking forward to the former Trump Texas park's opening. Will you let me help you flesh it out, @OldNavy1988?
We need to first finalize the lands. There should be 5 or 6 land to start with more lands beign added in the future. We should differently go with the airport area. I like the idea of the Donold Putting up a large Trump interinal Sign . Warner decided to to pull over on the donald by adding the word william in fornt of it William trump was a war hero who has a battle ship named for him. Will is of no relation to the donald. I like the idea of the sphic in the eygpt land havign a movie theather in as shout out to gruaman eygatin theater. Wanrr as part of the park grand openign cemmory decides to mock turmp by hirng the mst3k guys to rift soul plane right before the donold face is blown off the sphic with a cannon

We need to first finalize the lands. There should be 5 or 6 land to start with more lands beign added in the future. We should differently go with the airport area. I like the idea of the Donold Putting up a large Trump interinal Sign . Warner decided to to pull over on the donald by adding the word william in fornt of it William trump was a war hero who has a battle ship named for him. Will is of no relation to the donald. I like the idea of the sphic in the eygpt land havign a movie theather in as shout out to gruaman eygatin theater. Wanrr as part of the park grand openign cemmory decides to mock turmp by hirng the mst3k guys to rift soul plane right before the donold face is blown off the sphic with a cannon

I'm reposting my ideas for the themed lands of the park.
  1. Warner International (formerly DJT International): The airport-themed land that serves as the entrance to the park. Has shops and restaurants following the airport theme. With the shops being duty-free shops and the restaurants either being a food court or a real-life version of the air travel themed restaurant from The Simpsons minus the intentionally dumb "turbulence" gimmick.
  2. South of the Border: A Mexico-themed land with the local landmark being an Aztec temple. The big E-Ticket ride should be a roller-coaster of some kind.
  3. Oktoberfest: A German-themed land based on Kallstadt, Trump's ancestral home in Germany.
  4. Land of the Pharaohs: An ancient Egyptian themed land with the landmark being a replica of the Sphinx. The E-Ticket ride being a dark ride within the bowels of the Sphinx that's either a slow haunted tomb attraction or a fast-paced attraction like the OTL Mummy ride at Universal.
  5. Dragon Kingdom: A Chinese-themed land based on the Forbidden City. The big E-ticket ride being a dragon-themed rollercoaster not unlike Dueling Dragons.
  6. Sixth Land: I'm torn on this land either being the obvious Australian themed land or a Pacific Islander-themed land. Or extra space for future expansion.

I would love to but first I forgot which city it was gonna be in.

Either Dallas or San Antonio because they've got international airports and they've got plenty of land for theme park construction.

I'm reposting my ideas for the themed lands of the park.
  1. Warner International (formerly DJT International): The airport-themed land that serves as the entrance to the park. Has shops and restaurants following the airport theme. With the shops being duty-free shops and the restaurants either being a food court or a real-life version of the air travel themed restaurant from The Simpsons minus the intentionally dumb "turbulence" gimmick.
  2. South of the Border: A Mexico-themed land with the local landmark being an Aztec temple. The big E-Ticket ride should be a roller-coaster of some kind.
  3. Oktoberfest: A German-themed land based on Kallstadt, Trump's ancestral home in Germany.
  4. Land of the Pharaohs: An ancient Egyptian themed land with the landmark being a replica of the Sphinx. The E-Ticket ride being a dark ride within the bowels of the Sphinx that's either a slow haunted tomb attraction or a fast-paced attraction like the OTL Mummy ride at Universal.
  5. Dragon Kingdom: A Chinese-themed land based on the Forbidden City. The big E-ticket ride being a dragon-themed rollercoaster not unlike Dueling Dragons.
  6. Sixth Land: I'm torn on this land either being the obvious Australian themed land or a Pacific Islander-themed land. Or extra space for future expansion.

Either Dallas or San Antonio because they've got international airports and they've got plenty of land for theme park construction.

I thought we had decided on the site of the unbuilt earthquest advenrutes resort in new canry texas just outside of houston. How about for the land we go with either gay pairs with an eiffle tower themed drop tower, the indain themed land of spice with a haunted temple dark ride or a ruasin section called mother with an indoor snow dome and dark ride theme as torkia sled though a winter wonder or a rollercoaster themed to the trans siberian express

The Park with No Name
In early June 2005, Warner Parks opened its newest location along Gene Campbell Road in New Caney, TX. The new park didn't start out as a Warner Park. In fact, groundwork was originally laid by the now-bankrupt Trump Leisure. However, IRS troubles forced Trump to sell the half-finished park to Warner Parks. As a result, the planned 2004 opening was pushed back to 2005. Complicating matters further was a strike by a local Teamsters chapter who claimed Trump stiffed them on pay for a whole month.

Because they acquired the park when it was already halfway done, Warner Parks opened the new theme park without an official name for the first several months of operation. That lead the Houston Chronicle to call it "The Park With No Name."

When the park opened, there were five initial realms. The descriptions below are lifted from a Houston Chronicle newspaper clipping.
Special thanks to @HonestAbe1809

Warner International aka WBX (formerly DJT International): The airport-themed land that serves as the entrance to the park. Has shops and restaurants following the airport theme. With the shops being duty-free shops and the restaurants either being a food court or a real-life version of the air travel themed restaurant from The Simpsons minus the intentionally dumb "turbulence" gimmick.

South of the Border: A Mexico-themed land with the local landmark being an Aztec temple. The E-Ticket of this realm is an inverted roller coaster called the Quetzalcoatl, aka the Feathered Serpent.​

Little Cologne: A German-themed land based on Kallstadt, ancestral home of the park's initial owner, a man recognizable by his wavy haircut.

Land of the Pharaohs: An ancient Egyptian themed land with the landmark being a replica of the Sphinx. The E-Ticket ride being a dark ride within the bowels of the Sphinx that's either a slow haunted tomb attraction or a fast-paced attraction like the OTL Mummy ride at Universal.

Dragon Kingdom: A Chinese-themed land based on the Forbidden City. The big E-ticket ride being a dragon-themed rollercoaster similar to Mortal Komat: Scorpion vs Sub-Zero at the Disney-Hyperion Studios.

A sixth land exists, geared toward kids aged twelve and under. Warner Parks licenses the American Tail and Steven Universe properties from Grand Diamond for what could be just a temporary realm. And then of course, you have Warner's classic Looney Tunes and Archie characters too.

The Park With No Name is a modest success at best. But with hurricane season approaching, it would be wise for Warner Parks to save its marketing push for the park until 2006.​

Last edited:
In early June 2005, Warner Parks opened its newest location along Gene Campbell Road in New Caney, TX. The new park didn't start out as a Warner Park. In fact, groundwork was originally laid by the now-bankrupt Trump Leisure. However, IRS troubles forced Trump to sell the half-finished park to Warner Parks. As a result, the planned 2004 opening was pushed back to 2005. Complicating matters further was a strike by a local Teamsters chapter who claimed Trump stiffed them on pay for a whole month.

Because they acquired the park when it was already halfway done, Warner Parks opened the new theme park without an official name for the first several months of operation. That lead the Houston Chronicle to call it "The Park With No Name."

When the park opened, there were five initial realms. The descriptions below are lifted from a Houston Chronicle newspaper clipping.
Special thanks to @HonestAbe1809

Warner International aka WBX (formerly DJT International): The airport-themed land that serves as the entrance to the park. Has shops and restaurants following the airport theme. With the shops being duty-free shops and the restaurants either being a food court or a real-life version of the air travel themed restaurant from The Simpsons minus the intentionally dumb "turbulence" gimmick.

South of the Border: A Mexico-themed land with the local landmark being an Aztec temple. The E-Ticket of this realm is an inverted roller coaster called the Quetzalcoatl, aka the Feathered Serpent.​

Oktoberfest: A German-themed land based on Kallstadt, ancestral home of the park's initial owner, a man recognizable by his wavy haircut.

Land of the Pharaohs: An ancient Egyptian themed land with the landmark being a replica of the Sphinx. The E-Ticket ride being a dark ride within the bowels of the Sphinx that's either a slow haunted tomb attraction or a fast-paced attraction like the OTL Mummy ride at Universal.

Dragon Kingdom: A Chinese-themed land based on the Forbidden City. The big E-ticket ride being a dragon-themed rollercoaster similar to Mortal Komat: Scorpion vs Sub-Zero at the Disney-Hyperion Studios.

A sixth land exists, geared toward kids aged twelve and under. Warner Parks licenses the American Tail and Steven Universe properties from Grand Diamond for what could be just a temporary realm. And then of course, you have Warner's classic Looney Tunes and Archie characters too.

The Park With No Name is a modest success at best. But with hurricane season approaching, it would be wise for Warner Parks to save its marketing push for the park until 2006.​

I feelt that The Doanld wanted to call it Trumps Great Big Beautiful World but he was threaten with a law suit by New Line because they held the copyright to Great Big Beautiful World because it was the name of a song used on sesame street. I think Warner may shorten it to beautiful world I wouldn't call the Germany section October fest because ocotefest is the name of a section of bush gardens Williams burg. I would name it palatinate , fatherland or deutusland. If the gemany section is called fatherland perhaps plans to expand the park will include a Russian theme section. called Motherland. Does any like the idea of a giant Pinata in the Mexico section. It would a little post Modern to the section.

Last edited:
Marvels-The-Avengers-Deleted-Scene-Featuring-Harry-Dean.jpg

"Smokey Joe" Sundblom
Security guard at Notre-Dame Cemetery in Ottawa, Ontario

"Every July 19th, I've had to rinse off John Kricfalusi's headstone because we've had visitors walk up and piss on it. The last two that did so, I later found out, were newlyweds on their honeymoon."​

"Smokey Joe" Sundblom
Security guard at Notre-Dame Cemetery in Ottawa, Ontario

"Every July 19th, I've had to rinse off John Kricfalusi's headstone because we've had visitors walk up and piss on it. The last two that did so, I later found out, were newlyweds on their honeymoon."​

And now, here's TTL's Example #350 of Strangest Things That Actually Happened(from an OTL perspective)

Status
Not open for further replies.