Oh so pretty much like the human trafficking rings in the Mexican-American border but with a more romantic pirate flare and grabbing north to sell south instead of vice versa.

Exactly.

Now I apologize if I can't answer your first question regarding how they hijack a military ship. I don't think giving out my perspective through exposition is good, especially when it means spoiling some of the plot elements I keep under wraps in.

I'll probably bring up LordBrit to explain the whole thing through his lens, but for now, I can't really help.

Very interesting. It would be interesting to see what's happening in Egypt and Algeria. From previous posts, the Americans seem to be backing Algeria whilst Egypt is experiencing a split within the army.

In the form of an actual map? Very unlikely, but I do have plans to make some mock-tabloid page where I elaborate on the issue. I did that with TIME Magazine, just need to come up with an original premise and graphic design.

In the form of an actual map? Very unlikely, but I do have plans to make some mock-tabloid page where I elaborate on the issue. I did that with TIME Magazine, just need to come up with an original premise and graphic design.
No map is necessary. The tabloids are a great way to describe the universe you are creating

Good stuff. Nice take on modern day pirates, but there goes the Mediterranean holiday I've always wanted :p

Good stuff. Nice take on modern day pirates, but there goes the Mediterranean holiday I've always wanted :p

And it's my biggest challenge yet. I know the idea of pirates kidnapping people and hijacking boats in one of the busiest lanes is a little bit far-fetched, but I think I can navigate through the diatribes and make it plausible. I mean we already have the Sicilian Mafia putting their mitts on Libya IOTL.

[Map] Battle of Bani Walid - 2025
Battle of Bani Walid

1SKghYO.png

Background
Libya burns as the wrath of warlords scour throughout the sands. For many years the populace is under the whim of the ambitious and ruthless: From rich slavers to enigmatic cults, the chaotic strife has paved the rise of these factions to fruition. One of them resides within Bani Walid - a humble town of thousands unscathed by the calamities of war. Bounded by fringe clansman and adventurers, these people hold the ideas and values of Gaddafi’s vision, bearing the name of his color - the Green Army.

Toppling their tyrannical mayor for hoarding their bushels of grain, the townsman cheered as they begin to share it amongst them. Weeks since then, the army begins to sloth away as their rule has become paramount and complacency seeps to the core. Their commander slumps into vanity as he begins to view himself as a man of excellence - stamping himself with thousands of titles inconceivable by his own.

Their indulgement over their victory ended abruptly however as news from the south shocked them. The Ali Clique, hungry for spoils and loot once more, has declared their intent to raid the unscathed town and demand the screams of the entire populace for the thrill of war. Frightened, they scrounge every plan of defense and muster every man, women, and children into their fold. This causes a chaotic streak as their mismanagement has wasted valuable resource for nothing. They slumped to their lowest point as the commander, fearing for his torturous demise and leaving his men the abyss, ended his own life with a gun to his head.

His death shocked them all, their leader who once leads to their triumph has fallen to his own despair. Weeks before the clash, they begin to vote for whoever should lead them all but none of them are willing, fearing that their guidance could inadvertently lead to their fall. But as they begin to bicker over who should take charge, a knock echoed through the halls. They open the door and met a man with white tattered clothes and dark skin. They ask who he is and why he came uninvited.

He offers them his help and comes by with a simple name - Za’im the Tuareg.

Army Composition
Green Army: The Green Army is composed of more than 2000 men, half of them are levied from their homes. Originally intended to amass more than 20,000 into the fold, it was ultimately scrapped as Za’im argued that the premise was insane and reduced to the most capable. From technicians to even carpenters, these levied militias will eventually provide their trade and skills to bolster their defense - improvising deadly traps and complex fortification. The thousand original members of the army are people who fought since the first civil war, they’re experienced soldiers and committed to cause albeit they can’t be described as disciplined.

Their weapons are mostly leftovers from the Bani Walid Airfield and the mayor’s arsenal near the former, hundreds of rifles and 7 artillery were used during the fight. Trucks scrounged from the streets was also used during the conflict, served to quickly mobilize their troops.

Ali Clique: Being one of the remaining splinter factions of Haftar’s Army, they have more than 9000 soldiers ready to raid villages and hamlets and reaping the spoils of their onslaught. Infamous for their brutality and recklessness: they’re one of the most dysfunctional bands of marauders to seep across the lands as the tumulous amount of infighting between officers has caused more of their men to die than fighting against others.

Stolen from the Haftar’s Great Arsenal before the collapse, the cliques wield hundreds of trucks and ten of their most valuable tanks - provided by both the Russians and French. The latest of their generation, its technological prowess gives them an edge against their larger foes.

Leaders

Za’im the Tuareg: Bearing an Arabic surname despite his heritage and appearing to their doorstep coincidentally after their old commander’s death, he was an enigmatic personality to the Green Army. Despite this, however, he’s one their gifted and determined of his new brethren: he provided detailed defensive plans and reformed their structure from a formless band to resilient force. He also taught the militias everything from reloading a gun and manning an artillery gun.

His plans to win the battle to form a flexible line of defense covering the route of their raid: from the unnamed district of the north to B’ir Sawabir and Manasir. They’ll flank both sides as the enemy pushes deep into the center, striking them at the right time and place.

Clique Officers: Unlike the rest of their comrades, they’re not humbled by a single commander but rather squabble as a series of officers united under the splendor of raiding for spoils. Despite this entropy, however, they can be described as pseudo-democratic; at least they’re willing to vote on their actions before coming to fruition - leading their army under the whim of their slow decision-making.

Environment

Bani Walid is a simple town that houses more than 90,000 people. It’s one of the few cities spared from the first chaotic days after Haftar’s death, despite its decaying infrastructure. It has managed to sustain itself for many years due to taking advantage of the Great Manmade River, wells, and the natural riverbed called a Wadi for each heavy rainfall. It’s also a town marked hills and valleys surrounding the city as it covers almost the entirety of Bani Walid with narrow corridors and tall hilltops, shadowing some of the local neighborhoods.

Chronological Order of Battle
Prelude: Za’im sends seven of his sharpest men to the hillsides to watch over the highway leading to Bani Walid. Provided with radio comms, smoke signals, and their last remaining horses from the town fair, they galloped to the highest peak and set their camps at midnight - waiting for the impending battle.

It’s dawn and the clique has arrived in droves, with hundreds of trucks and soldiers funneling through the interstate. They set their post at an isolated hamlet far away few kilometers away from Bani Walid and wait for the rest of their detachment to regroup - with more than 2000 men left behind to prepare their own stockpile.

(1) 09:15: Before retreating to the hillsides, the scouts launched their smoke signals upon the idle forces. Alerted by the hailing green smoke, the orchestra fired upon the hamlet. It was a lukewarm endeavor, however, as they inflicted less than they expected, albeit managing to destroy have of their supplies.

With no other choice, Ali Clique rushed themselves to march through the town in order to avoid another barrage and to secure the north and even the town center. By this point, the Battle of Bani Walid has begun.

(2) 10:15: A detachment of the Green Army ambushed the hastened clique as they scuttle through like a horde. They barraged them with gunfire and firebombs from both of their flanks as they trek deeper into the empty alleys and streets. They shot down one of the tanks caterpillar tracks as their exposed flank give them an opportunity to pierce it through.

Accompanied by tripwires and improvised mines, some of the officers’ men have the unfortunate mishap to stumbling through their traps planted across the neighborhood. With each house bursting with debris and dust, nearly half of the casualties they’ve inflicted are caused by their well-hidden traps.

(3) 13:20: After hours of bickering from their officers and logistical woes, their detachment from Bir Dufan has finally made it to the eastern fringes of Bani Walid. They struggled through the same onslaught as their western comrade faced, albeit to a lesser degree.

They managed to stop their tanks trekking through the narrow streets and razed the crowded trucks into pieces of scorched scraps. But despite their efforts to slow them down, they were unable to cover the vast plains without cycling through to each district with the numbers of men they have. Forcing them to splinter as they cover both sides with numbers too few to defend the area.

(4) 14:25: With their men from the north suffering from the chaotic onslaught, the forces from east splintered into two smaller detachments: with one supporting the main bulk and the latter to push further south. This decision has elevated the suppression of their maneuver with the Green Army surprised by their proximity.

Some of the defenders were pushed back near to Al-Mdrom bridge while the rest were forced to retreat to the abandoned detention center, reinforcing them with a piece of block and furniture as they can muster.

(5) 15:05: As the half of the eastern detachment merged with the northern regiment, they faced another challenge as they begin to view the facility as a threat to their rear and eventually to the rest of the troops still mustering over Aswaah.

The siege over the Detention Center was a disastrous endeavor as the Green Army valiantly defended it with great determination and zeal. Hundreds have died fighting from corridor-to-corridor, blasted from every corner they turn to as the makeshift barricades proved to be more resilient than they anticipated.

(6) 15:45: Some of the officers have finally pushed the defenders off from the bridge and the gateway to Al-Mdrom but at a great cost. The narrow hills and corridors provided them the advantage as they kill them one-by-one by gaining the higher ground and they can’t coordinate through the alley and smaller valleys without facing the potential fear of ambushes.

This advantage also slowed down the clique as they prepare to mobilize their counteroffensive from the Bani Walid Airport, with their toughest men riding behind the back of their armored gun trucks to haul them over.

(7) 16:25: After hours of struggling to reach the town center’s roundabout, they have finally secured the area - including the pristine Bani Walid Museum. However, they sign for relief has not come to save them as the rest of their forces are still idle within the confines of Aswaah. Desperate, they begin to rally their men for a retreat.

But their hopes to secure Bani Walid has dissipated as the shock troops from the airport was mobilized, cutting through their salient and eventually trapping them inside a tiny pocket surrounding the roundabout.

(8) 18:35: The remaining forces are stuck, clinging to every corner they see as the fear of Green Army seeping through their barricades. Many officers have taken their own lives just to spare themselves from the impending retribution they’re going to face. But eventually the last of the commanding officers surrendered to the Green Army as the sun begins to set, thus ending the war.

Aftermath
The last remaining soldiers from Aswaah has arrived, but instead of a camp full of lights and drunken men, they witness an abandoned hamlet and hazing trails of smoke flying over the horizon. Communications fall blank; nothing more endless static. Few have escaped and survived, recounting the ferocity of the battle and the futility to turn the tide. With nowhere to go and the skies falling dark, the officers of the detachment returned to their holdings - leaving the town alone for good.

The Green Army celebrated this triumph and the people chants songs of their victory, but it was abrupt as Za’im begin a formulate for another campaign to crush the Ali Clique once and for all. Some of his men refused; argued that Bani Walid and their numbers were enough but he convinced them eventually. They propelled their campaign to crush the remaining forces on March 15th, securing Aswaah, Qaryat, Bir Dufan, Al-Jeen, At Matim, and Duyaib in over a week With their territories secured, they acquired plethoras of loot accumulated by the clique since the start of the Third Civil War.

The army eventually respects him and put aside their suspicions over his ambiguity and kinship: even forming a camaraderie with his two commanders - Omar Rashid and Idris Busayf. With their boundaries secured, Za’im falls back to the shadows and plans over the details of his next campaign.

Holy shit this is great.

Couple of questions though. Going by your March of Tripolitania map I assume that the Raiders of the Free guys are the Ali Clique, but what's with the Federation of Ghariyan and the other free city right next to Bani Waleed? Did they help the clique?

Also I am very interested in those enigmatic cults you mentioned.

Holy shit this is great.

Couple of questions though. Going by your March of Tripolitania map I assume that the Raiders of the Free guys are the Ali Clique, but what's with the Federation of Ghariyan and the other free city right next to Bani Waleed? Did they help the clique?

Also I am very interested in those enigmatic cults you mentioned.

The Raiders of the Free and the Ali Clique are two separate factions. I love to lay out the intricacies but I'm preparing to make a map on it, probably take a few days or so. And yes, I'll be discussing the enigmatic cults, albeit there's only one in Tripolitania that has a huge sphere of influence.

EDIT: Just stay tuned because I'm currently writing a log over the mapmaking and writing process, and addressing some of the criticism laid out from Reddit.

[Map] Green Army - Back From the Dead
Green Army - Back From The Dead

lnj1FYX.jpg

--- Description ---
From the humble abode of Bani Walid, a band of militias marched their way through in a glorious drive for glory. Backed by both zeal and ingenuity, they reunited Tripolitania under a swift and triumphant campaign. Hundred of thousands has joined their struggle; to rekindle Gaddafi’s legacy once more. It erupted from a vein piece of nostalgic memory into a euphoric cry for his return.

Here's an alt-link if you guys are interested: [Reddit]|[DeviantArt]

[Map] Warring State of Libya - April 12th
The situation of the conflict has dissipated since the start of the year. Despite skirmishes being a prevalent feature across the country, the climactic scale of deaths has dropped to a minimum. Factions have become less invested in expanding their territories as they begin to focus on their own local matters – either developing their own military further or putting their resources on repair old infrastructure.

Despite the dissipation of clashes, the militias are evolving into something more from being a band of volunteers they used to be. Years of conflict and the sanctions imposed by the U.S and their following coalition has forced them to innovate – becoming resilient and ingenious in the process. And with the black markets taking advantage of this opportunity, the blockade has proven to be less effective as time passes.

Libya, for now, has become relatively peaceful compared to its traumatic years. But the militias are evolving and the military build-up that accompanies them have become more apparent. If the situation is not dealt with, the Mediterranean will face another violent uproar that erupted during 2021.

--- International Update ---
1. The Presidential Council - the remnants of the GNA, has announced the formation of an army of their own - backed by the legitimacy of their institution and the trained under the supervision of the United States.

2. A report from the NATO – published in March 21st, has stated that more than 750 cases of corsair-related kidnappings have occurred during 2025, lower compared to its highest peak in 2023.

3. A satirist was found murdered with a shoe on his mouth - investigation suggests it was perpetuated by the Free State of Sabha.

--- April 12th, 2026 ---
1. TIBESTI MT. & HAMARIA - The towns Tibesti, El Maruf, and Hadir have pledged their allegiance to the Islamic State after years of political isolation. This was met with indifference from the locals as their way of living has remained unchanged, despite the implementation of their religious law.

2. JADID ZLITEN, MERADA - With most of their forces moved to Ajedabya, salient of Jadid Zliten was occupied in order to expand their territory and influence.

3. ZINTAN, WEST LIBYA - Overwhelmed by the Green Army, the local warlord of Zintan pleaded for assistance from the Mansur Clique in exchange of the town of both Cabo and Tiki.

4. JEBEL BEN GHNEMA - The Free State pushes through to Tegerhi in order to overthrow the Khattuf Clique and replace them with a more “friendly” client.

5. MASQAN, FEZZAN - Due to the recent action from the Free State, the Magarha tribe has joined the Confederation to unite their local militias with the larger party of the union.

6. MISRATA, WEST LIBYA - Once again, the contingent forces of the Green Army marched to the city of Misrata, to secure the highway of their isolated city of Abugrein.

7. AL-MARJ, EAST LIBYA - The Hussein and Mustafa Clique has joined forces to carve up the Green Army enclave in Al-Marj, using whatever means necessary to overthrow them.

Alt-link - [Reddit] | [DeviantArt]

Last edited:
[Writing] Warfare in Warring Libya
--- Warfare in Warring Libya ---

Introduction

zqFmK2Y.jpg

Loyalist fighters during the Scourge of Tripoli, 3 days after his demise. More than 100,000 civilians left to evade the chaotic onslaught brought by the squabbling factions.
Warfare has become the fact of life ever since Khalifa Haftar’s death. The militias, once scuttling in the shadows to avoid retribution, has emerged powerful once again and carve the pieces for their own. But ever since the collapse of the Libyan Government, they have become more integrated into some prominent aspects of society. No longer the power brokers they once used to be, they are now responsible over the daily needs of their people – protecting the market for the flow of cash and securing the peace to avoid chaos.

The sanctions and 14 years of conflict have also driven them into improvising one of recent history’s most ingenious military doctrine – with formal military powers like the Algerian Army facing such catastrophes during their intervention over Western Libya.

Brief History

9HjN670.jpg

The charred husks of the Ali Clique's forces. The Green Army sent civilians to scavenge all of the remaining pieces to either be used or recycled, with three tanks left in working condition.
In an attempt to reunite Libya once and for all, Khalifa Haftar – the Field Marshal of the Libyan National Army, has launched one of the most grandiose campaigns in the country’s history. From shock-and-awe to swift pincer movement to sever the Government of National Accord into chunks, he was able to claim the entirety of West Libya in only two months. This left him with few casualties from both his and the enemy side, with only 2000 people dead in total.

However, his ambitious streak was short-lived as his death has triggered massive chaotic strife. His generals, once fearing their own lives for alleged conspiracy, are now running free to carve every piece of land as they please. The militias that once hiding from his regime has risen once again to do the same. The term super-militia, coined by Sudarsan Raghavan, has become paramount after its national institution has collapsed. Leaving the country to be nothing more but a shattered collection of factions.

In 2022, Algeria has intervened to secure the boundaries of the Illizi Wilaya (province); incentivized by U.S support ranging from supplies to intelligence. Their early entry was a success, enabling them to secure Western Fezzan. But their goals have extended into the coastal regions and this military escapade have triggered an outcry from the Libyans. For the first time, almost all of the warring factions united their forces under a temporary coalition, decimating 20,000 soldiers by forcing them into a pocket through a pincer movement.

While they were fighting against a foreign invasion, a peculiar band of mercenaries and their savvy client has taken the city of Sabha for his own and launched a thorough expansion that leads them to cripple the local warlords surrounding the city. With the formation of Jaysh Al-Khadam – an army of disciplined African slaves, they were able to hold the labor of their conquest and secure them from enemy fronts. And with the increasing market of human-trafficking and shrewd diplomacy, they’re able to hold a large swath of land without facing retaliation.

In 2025, The Battle of Bani Walid has paved the rise for the Green Army – a clash between an idealistic band of misfits and battle-hardened soldiers. Led by a commander they barely met, they slowly reunited the entirety of Tripolitania when it was deemed impossible by many. The mix of their ingenuity in strategy and the rising euphoria over Gaddafi’s legacy was the main following reason for their success, eventually amassing the largest army in the conflict (500,000).

Equipments & Economics

nH3mHoI.jpg

One of many Pashtun gunsmiths crafting shotguns on the bustling street of Al-Aziziyah. Emigrated during Haftar's reign, promising economic lenience to build up their armament.
After the onslaught of Operation Unity – crushing the GNA’s influence across the western region, Haftar realized the necessity of supplying his men with their own military firearms. In a world where allies are few and far from their reach, the sanctions imposed by the United States and France have put them in a position where any form of massive arms deal is no longer a viable option without surrendering his power to the GNA. Manufactories were constructed across the nation, with materials and tools coming from their allies through dubious means. The pride of this endeavor was the Haftar’s Great Arsenal – the largest factory in Libyan history.

The most infamous project under his sleeves, however, is his attempt to revitalize Gaddafi’s chemical program. Scrounging all of the leftover components throughout Libya and reclaiming some of them from the extremist and militias, he was able to replicate a deadly prototype. If it wasn’t for his personal intervention, the project would’ve leaked across the local hamlets of Fezzan – saving them from potential exposure and probable intervention. It helped them produce sarin and mustard gas, stored inside secret facilities in the region.

After his passing, many of the manufactured weapons – licensed by their foreign partners, have spread out across the country after the Great Arsenal and its equivalents were looted by the militias. More than 1,250,000 firearms have been scattered throughout and eventually falling to local hands, with equipment ranging from AK-74s to RPGs. While the quality of the manufacturing is questionable, it was nevertheless reliable enough to be used for combat, having the ingenuity to repair them through creative thinking.

The chaos has also created a new market for firearms throughout Libya. From the amateurs to the artisans, gunsmithing has become an important trade for local communities. With factions and independent hamlets demanding more ammunition, guns, and even improvised artillery to fill their coffers, the incentive to produce them have become paramount. And with the sanction cutting their imports from the sea, they set their eyes on the southern hemisphere of Africa for materials, establishing trade links with locals and opportunistic suppliers in exchange for cash.

The rarity of tanks and the demand for a cheap and modifiable convertible have made technicals becoming the mainstay of motorized warfare in Libya. Either purchasing them from third-party sellers from Africa or recycling old husks lying throughout the country, these vehicles take the majority of the fight while the advanced weapons such as tanks, self-propelled artillery, and APCs have become special equipment for their most elite troops. What makes them deadly, however, is being modularity: they allow quick mobilization of their squads and can mount themselves with weapons for a variety of purposes from Anti-Air to light artillery.

Personnel/Manpower

WrEJyh1.jpg

A Tuareg militia fighting against the Free State of Sabha under a temporary alliance with the Khattuf Clique. 500 cavalrymen participated to fight against the slavers.
Determining the total number of men participating in the conflict can be difficult due to the asymmetrical nature of the conflict. Nevertheless, some have described the war into having more than 1,500,000 men fighting over whatever side they have joined. This excludes the numbers of women, slaves, and even children who participated – frowned upon by the international community as a violation of human dignity and innocence.

The necessity to mobilize more personnel into the fold means the gradual change in regards to the role of women in the conflict. Either voluntary or drafted by their local leaders, they have become more active in the participation of warfare – ranging from being a medic, military staff, sniper, and even shock troops. Children, while uncommon, have also become more lenient to the tragedies and succumb themselves to the new reality; either fighting for the sake of thrills or forced by one of their lords.

The rise of human trafficking has also contributed to the escalation of the conflict. Mostly centered around Fezzan, slave-states such as the Free State of Sabha (Jaysh Al-Khadam) and Hun have trained and equipped some of their own into a functioning armed force. In return, they were offered leniency in their lives: from the limited right of movement to free housing and daily rations for their families for their loyalty. They make a quarter of the overall participants in the third civil war and their presence have become an ethical dilemma for human rights institution.

Adventurers, mercenaries, and ideological sympathizer have also become a recognizable mainstay of the conflict. Despite being meager in numbers, mostly numbering over 50,000 men and women, their skills and expertise have was valuable in a time of economic sanction. From Sabha’s elite troops to the Green Army’s Brigade of the International, they have become prominent figures in recent years – with infamous folks such as Ljubomir becoming the de facto leader of Sabha’s military force.

Tactics and Doctrine

XAGbXIT.jpg

A Libyan technical carrying an MLRS during the Algerian Intervention, firing barrage of missiles against their exposed flank.
Despite the diverse set of methodologies employed by various faction, there’s a common trace on how most of them wage war against each other. Ever since the Algerian Intervention, there are two most instrumental factors that come to play: the adaptive capability of a foot soldier and the necessity of fast transports to deploy them and their heavy armaments. Since then, it has influenced many of the tactics and doctrines used by the warring factions – from setting fortified chokepoints in urban areas to locking enemies under a tight pocket.

With their industry crippled and the tools to produce have become scarce due to the international blockade, forming a mechanized force – composed of well-produced tanks and disciplined infantry, have become less reliable to conceive and sustain. Infantry forces, with the rapid spread of technical, have become the growing staple of the Warring State. From grenadiers, anti-tanks, to anti-air, their adaptability and size have made them become less dependent on the support of tanks as the numbers dwindle, especially in around the urban regions such as Tripolitania and Cyrenaica.

The proliferation of technicals has also emphasized the necessity of fast deployment of infantries and towed artillery, especially in a field where most of the terrain in the country are composed of flat desert. Their modular frame was a preferred choice for most militias who cannot afford high-quality tanks or APCs. They’re mostly used for raiding operations across the country and to quickly capture enemy territory. But in some cases, they’re also used as stationary facilities like radio stations or medical facilities.

Other vehicles such as MBTs and APCs are still valuable assets to those who wield it, especially for the Libyan National Army. Their tremendous speed and thick armors was a weapon of choice when fighting in the endless desert, but they’re nothing more but a support vehicle when it comes to fighting under the compact environment of cities. Horses have made a comeback in the field of battle: the Tuaregs utilizes them to traverse through some of the hilly terrains of the south, enabling them to extort local hamlets and organize skirmishes against the Free State and the Khattuf Clique.

Fortifications are also important, to the point that militias around the country are trained to dig up trenches and given shovels if available. Most of the fortifications outside the urban limits are mostly composed of compact trenches and simple pillboxes, usually constructed in places of high elevation. In cities, however, they’re usually placed in specific chokepoints where they expect the enemy to funnel through. Most strategies behind their implementation mostly consist of layers of defense (defense-in-depth) compared to a strong but singular line, a strategy used perfectly in the Battle of Bani Walid.

In the coastal regions of Libya, urban warfare dominates the military landscape. Trying to differentiate from friend and foe have been a difficult task due to the asymmetrical nature of this sort of battlespace. The verticality of the buildings and the complicated and unpredictable environment gives the defending forces a massive advantage, with booby traps and sniper teams acting as harassing forces to slowly decimate their forces. The Libyans population have become accustomed to this dangerous way of life, to the point that it forces civilians to dig up their own makeshift bomb shelter when the need arises.

Desert warfare is a different case, however. Its vast and empty space emphasizes the advantage of mobility over numerical superiority. This is where vehicles like technicals come to mind, they can carry any sort of weapons for specific situations and have the speed to deploy them quickly. Infantry is mostly supported teams accompanying them for extra firepower and fight In smaller numbers. Factions like the Free State of Sabha and the Libyan National Army take this fact to their advantage, enabling them to occupy a massive swath of land at a quick pace.

The Libyan slowly adapts to aerial superiority as they develop tactics to evade enemy fighters. The Algerian Intervention has taught them that traveling in very loose waves is better than and riding through the highway in a large but tight column formation, especially when traversing through the region of Fezzan. In cities, some military facilities are constructed or renovated to be indistinguishable with their civilian counterpart, leading to confusion to the opposing force and unintentionally causing a public outcry.

Conclusion
Warfare in Libya is evolving into something more sophisticated compared to their previous days. While the earliest phase of the crisis is mostly characterized by ill-disciplined militias controlling a meager swarth of territory, they have evolved into a rigid force responsible in managing the everyday lives of their people; either through benevolence or tyranny. And with the Algerian Intervention and the Al-Faid plot being a colossal failure, the world takes more consideration on how to deal with stubborn factions.

Algeria refused to join an international coalition proposed by President Lars McCallum after their recent failures and Tunisia is weary on the consequence of participating in their military escapades. Egypt is under a state of peril due to the new generation of officers undermining the status quo and Israel have become a subject of a conspiracy that threatens the relation with their American allies. While the threat Libya imposed is growing larger, any firm action against the dilemma was met with silence.

Last edited:
[Media] TIME - The East Is Red: The Tragedy of the Spratlys and the Creeping Threat of China
TIME MAGAZINE - THE WEST IS RED

July 14, 2025

7Ue7g2o.png

--- Description ---
In July 14th, 2025, TIME has published their first debut approaching the matters of China and the subsequent consequences of the Battle of the Spratlys. Despite receiving a few appraisals from a handful of people, it was met with massive controversy. People are split on how they felt on the discussion itself: while some experts of international politics and few echelons of the U.S Military have praised it for being the only centerpiece tackling an otherwise taboo subject, it faced a bipartisan backlash from both spectrums of the United States, some activist alleged the piece for fearmongering and implicit orientalism.

Other than the main article, there are also three subjects tackling on other matters: from the resurgence of Pan-Arabism in Egypt, the legacy of Farrakhan after his demise, and the elaboration of the West Bank months after the annexation imposed by the IDF.

--- Excerpts ---
The East is Red

“...despite the rapid development in terms of military technology and infrastructure, their greatest advantage, however, is the army’s increasing emphasis on combining the martial and the political - synthesizing them into a cohesive doctrine that the United States has never managed to develop or replicate. “

“The battle was a tragedy, but also a reminder of America’s oversights when it comes to the current stage of warfare and people begin to question the effectiveness of the U.S Army in conventional warfare.”

Rise of Neo-Nasserism

“Sisi’s regime over the past couple of years has been harmful to the people of Egypt and now they begin to adopt a more radical ideology that threatens to destroy whatever is left of its democratic institution. Nasser’s cruel personality has risen again from the rubble of democracy...“

“...and we must intervene diplomatically and economically to destroy both sides of this conflict and give a space for the people to decide their own fate. We did this with Libya and we could do it again in Egypt too.”

Farrakhan's Legacy

“Louis Farrakhan has passed away since 6 months ago yet his visage still lingers, despite the meager size of their organization. A man of controversy, he has a sizable but debatable amount of sway over the black community...“

“Hope still lingers, however. Despite the resurgence of anti-black racism, the growing presence of the Democratic Socialist of America - the DSA, in the political stage might hold and eventually dissipate the growing presence of far-right movements in America…”

Death of Palestine

“...and his parents struggle to get their monthly barrel of water while struggling to trek through every checkpoint present in Nablus. The high stories housed by settlers overshadows their old neighborhood, blackening the once lively abode. Soldiers are everywhere as they marched with rifles in open arms…”

“Gaza was annexed after the Palestinian Authority has crumbled, the 4th Intifada has sealed the fate of the Palestinians under the tribulation of the IDF.”

[Follow-up]
I Imagine some of y'all get tired over the same setting over-and-over again. Although I'm still reluctant to show the entire world until the end of this particular series, I do realize the benefit of showing a glimpse of the world and the intricacies that are happening right now. I'm not gonna write some stupid crap like "Why The Army Has a Hentai Problem", most of them are going to be relevant to the series as a whole, contributing to the series one way or another.

Anyway, I made a poll to see whether which one should I write first: the design is going to be the same as the first article I made about Libya, albeit with some twist here-and-there.

https://www.strawpoll.me/18348445

Have fun, folks!​

Last edited:
Will the Indonesian-Australian war happen because that'd be cool

It's inevitable, although I'm reluctant to show the details for now. I'll probably articulate the intricacies of the world first before I reach Former Indonesia, setting the events in motion.

[Meta] Plans for the Foreseeable Future: September-December
Plans for the Foreseeable Future: September-December
Sorry for being silent for the past couple of weeks. I’m working on a huge undertaking akin to a tutorial; something that requires intensive effort and more than just basic graphic design. So far, progress has been great: half of the scenes are set and I’m planning to publish the video this week before heading here publishing more content into the scene. Other than that, there are some college duties and personal diatribes I have to deal with so time is a little bit short in my part. However, since all of those charades are over and I have a lot of free time to waste my time over, I can finally head back and set the machine into motion.

Anyway, here are the following subjects I'm going to cover for the next 4 months:
  1. TIME Magazine - The East is Red: I promised that I'm covering the entire segment of the news outlet, ranging from the political situation that's brewing in Egypt to elaborating the details on the West Bank under the control of the IDF. This is going to be the first content I'm going to focus on since the creative process is simple design-wise, the only challenging part is the writing and how to make them feel unique with one another.
  2. Julia Kaufmann, an Introduction: I mentioned this before, back in the early days of this thread. She's a character I had in mind since the series inception and I want her to be the guiding hand of the entire lore, the everyman (or everywoman) who explores the warring landscape under a naive and gullible lense. So the basic premise falls into the idea that she's a lone journalist trying to get her big break in an oversaturated industry, trying to encapsulate what's happening in Libya since few cared enough to look through.
  3. The Liberation of Tripoli: Another map will come sooner or later, and it will elaborate on one of their most triumphant victories since their formation. Not much to say here actually.
There are more things to come other than the ones I laid out, from the mysterious Raiders of the Free to the naval scandal occurred in Toulon, I brainstormed a lot and managed to write them as "grounded" as possible. I know this is just me promising stuff but believe me when I say, I will never this project until it's over. I love putting details into the world I'm building and make sure the series will have an actual ending.

Well, I think that's all I need to say. Bye, folks!