Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, Tomino Yoshiyuki's next project after this is Invincible Robo Tryder G7, which arguably went the exact other way in tone, but that's good too. Not so sure Disney would want to bring over Armored Trooper VOTOMS or Aura Battler Dunbine, but Giant Gorg, Panzer World Galliant, and Mashin Hero Wataru should each be right up Walt's alle

You got your mechas mixed up. At this point, Tryder's on the air but Tomino's working on Space Runaway Ideon, along with the theatrical cut of Mobile Suit Gundam.

Last edited:
I kind of hope for whatever reason ITTL The Little Mermaid comes out in the OTL date of 1989, with Jodie Benson still voicing Ariel. That’s my favorite Disney movie and I simply can’t imagine anybody but her as the voice of Ariel.

I kind of hope for whatever reason ITTL The Little Mermaid comes out in the OTL date of 1989, with Jodie Benson still voicing Ariel. That’s my favorite Disney movie and I simply can’t imagine anybody but her as the voice of Ariel.
I like Aladdin more that the little mermaid honestly

I like Aladdin more that the little mermaid honestly
Yeah, well favorite Disney movie always tends to be a matter of opinion (I mean, for example, by younger brother's favorite movie is Tarzan and my older brother's favorite is Lion King, while one of my cousin's is Sleeping Beauty and the other is Frozen), but you at least have to agree that Jodie Benson as Ariel is neigh irreplaceable. I mean, can you imagine anyone else sing 'Part of Your World'?

Yeah, well favorite Disney movie always tends to be a matter of opinion (I mean, for example, by younger brother's favorite movie is Tarzan and my older brother's favorite is Lion King, while one of my cousin's is Sleeping Beauty and the other is Frozen), but you at least have to agree that Jodie Benson as Ariel is neigh irreplaceable. I mean, can you imagine anyone else sing 'Part of Your World'?
My favorite Disney film is Finding Nemo. Apparently, when I was little I got pneumonia and was basically bedridden for weeks on end, and the only thing I wanted to do was watch Nemo on repeat. I can honestly recite the plot by heart. 'Course, if we're talking about strictly Disney movies, then I'd have to go for Dinosaur!

...Lol, no. My favorite non-Pixar Disney animated movie is a tie between Aladdin and Lilo and Stich. The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, and Zootopia all tie for a close second.

For a moment though you geniunely liked it...
I don't think anyone could like that movie. Its plot is really bad, and the animation and scenery for the whole movie is just grey-brown. Even the characters are grey-brown!

Another Eisner mistake--he didn't believe in Pixar, so he tried to do it himself. Many times (Chicken Little was also a product of this). Then he was like "Screw it, let's buy Pixar!"

I don't think anyone could like that movie. Its plot is really bad, and the animation and scenery for the whole movie is just grey-brown. Even the characters are grey-brown!

Another Eisner mistake--he didn't believe in Pixar, so he tried to do it himself. Many times (Chicken Little was also a product of this). Then he was like "Screw it, let's buy Pixar!"
The first example of real is brown and feels like a poor's man the land before the time...even if 3D was to be expensive.

I like Chicken little and thought was pixar before got surprise, yeah dividing the capital was bad, rather just buying and stretgthing pixar

I also remember liking Dinosaur, though I wouldn’t say it’s one of my favorite Disney movies. That’s a tie between Sleeping Beauty, Little Mermaid, and Aladdin. Those three still stand out as my favorites to this day. WALL-E is my favorite Pixar movie.

I would be interested to see creators like Hideaki Anno and Gen Urobuchi pop up. With all this scifi anime stuff popping up, there's defo a place for something like EVA at some point. Shinichirō Watanabe is another one that could pop up, but Cowhoy Bebop might sadly be butterflied.

There are other figures I'd love to see pop up but they are moslty video game folks so ill wait till more develops on that front.

Last edited:
If Walt Disney wants anime on his TV channel, would it be a good thing to predict the Dragon Ball franchise coming to the States with that in mind?
Dragon Ball and its later spinoffs/sequels will actually be showing up on the Paramount Television Service when it comes stateside. I've not yet decided if Disney, Paramount, or someone else gets Sailor Moon.

Dragon Ball and its later spinoffs/sequels will actually be showing up on the Paramount Television Service when it comes stateside. I've not yet decided if Disney, Paramount, or someone else gets Sailor Moon.
The thing is Haruka and michiro relationship...might need to get edited sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.