Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never even watched Star Trek but I love these.

wDQ3MT2.jpg

But seriously, you should watch it.

I've never even watched Star Trek but I love these.

Well, then you're gonna be in for a treat when you do.

(granted, as you'd expect from a long-runner, there's quite a few bad apples, but I like to think that overall there's more good than bad)

Well, then you're gonna be in for a treat when you do.

(granted, as you'd expect from a long-runner, there's quite a few bad apples, but I like to think that overall there's more good than bad)
Yeah, I think we'd all rather pretend Spock's Brain and Profit and Lace never happened

I made the cabinet for my unified Scandinavia thing. I don't know too much about most of these politicians, so I probably assigned some of them to some ministries that don't match well with their skillsets

Edit: had to fix the titles, I called them PM and Deputy PM when I meant Chancellor and Vice Chancellor

Støre Cabinet.PNG

Last edited:
One week waiting for my laptop to be repaired and another disappointing road trip for the Mets later, I decided to make this. This, this hurt.

The Mets entered their first World Series with enough hope to overflow the Hudson River, but should've seen warnings signs that went beyond their formidable Oriole foes. 1969 was not proving to be the kindest to New York teams when it came to facing their Baltimore counterparts. The Jets, the football franchise that bunked with the Mets at Shea Stadium, had been be blown out by 17 points by the Colts, with "Broadway Joe" Namath showing off his arm strength by completing not one, not two, but three 30+ yard passes... to the opposing team. Fullback Matt Snell was limited to 2.5 yards a carry, while Johny Unitas threw for 250 yards and two touchdowns. To hoist up even more red flags, that March would see the Knicks be swept by the Baltimore Bullets in the NBA semi-finals. But hey, the "Miracle Mets" had proven everyone wrong already, who's the say they couldn't shock the world again.

Tom Seaver and Jerry Koosman would start the series off by giving up a combined nine runs throughout the first two games. Nolan Ryan would successfully come in for the save in game 3, giving the Mets some hope for a comeback. A comeback it sure looked like, going into the ninth inning of next night's game. That was before Brooks Robinson hit a two RBI double in the top of inning, making the Mets fall into a 3-1 hole. The fourth game would see more of the same from Robinson, who would hit a two-run homer after Koosman had beaned Frank Robinson in the hip. Robinson's homer would be to much of a hill for the Mets to climb even after a late innings comeback, and the Orioles would win their second World Series in three years.

Within the coming decade, the Mets would file for bankruptcy and be forced by the League to move to Seattle in 1977, being renamed the Mariners. The Mariners would go on to establish a dynasty in the late 1990s and earlier 2000s, posting a record 116 wins in the 2001 season along the way. In a poetic twist, three of those World Series wins would come against the last remaining New York team, the Yankees.​
At this point in the 2019 season, the Mariners are once again World Series favorites after just losing to the Dodgers in last year's NLCS with an all star pitching core anchored by Cy Young award winner Jacob DeGrom, Korean ace Hyun-Jin Ryu, and star closer Edwin Diaz along with a heavy hitting line up featuring Mike Trout, Micheal Conforto, and breakout Rookie of the Year candidate Pete Alonso.

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 8.35.51 PM.png

Last edited:
Another post for my Gran Lago timeline, where a massive lake in Southern California doesn't dry up and sticks around to the modern day (with some help). This time hell in Europe. The thread for this timeline can be found here.

not a particularly pleasant subject to cover. obviously I do not condone any kind of genocide or ethnic cleansing

GkO2no3.png

Carved from the corpse of the German Empire, the Republic of Zapadoslavia is the culmination of the Russian State's rather successful program to permanently destroy the German state. Although the current Zapadoslavian government has long disavowed the Genocide mostly for the sake of good relations, the very nature of Zapadoslavia continues to overshadow any half-hearted attempt at reconciliation.

The August Revolt in 1946 convinced the Russian State that even a defeated Germany would be a threat to Russia. Thus starting in 1947, the Russian State embarked on a decade long program of ethnic cleansing and genocide following the plan set by General P.an West. Entire towns were razed, cultural landmarks destroyed, and industry and infrastructure completely destroyed or imported elsewhere. Hundreds of thousands of Germans were killed, and several million fled occupied Germany into French occupied Rhineland and beyond. Meanwhile the Russian State encouraged Russian and other Slavs to migrate into depopulated region and settle. This was especially popular with the veterans of the German-Russian War who were often stationed in Germany themselves.

Slavs forms a large majority of the population in Zapadoslavia today, mostly consisting of Russians. The current government is no longer a puppet of the Russian State, and in fact actively opposes them. However the treatment of Germans within its own borders and the very nature of the state overshadows Zapadoslavia's relationship with Western Europe. While France and the United Kingdom are somewhat willing to overlook its history, the remnant German states and the greater German Diaspora are far less willing.

Today, Zapadoslavia is a dominate-party presidential republic, led by a President and a Prime Minister. It is a regional power with a strong economy and holds membership in the G20 and the OECD. It is armed with nuclear weapons and thus is part of the international Council of Nuclear-Armed States. It maintains good relations with the French Republic and is part of the French-led Strasbourg Community and the European Defence Pact.

IYrQEhi.png

The Eurovision Song Contest 2019 was the 64th edition of the Eurovision Song Contest. The contest took place in Tel Aviv, Israel, following Israel's victory at the 2018 contest in Lisbon, Portugal, with the song "Toy", performed by Netta Barzilai. This was the third time Israel has hosted the contest, having previously hosted in 1979 and 1999. The contest was held at Expo Tel Aviv, the city's convention centre; it consisted of two semi-finals on 14 and 16 May, and the final on 18 May 2019. The three live shows were hosted by Erez Tal, Bar Refaeli, Assi Azar and Lucy Ayoub. The event was organized by the European Broadcasting Union and hosted by the Israeli Public Broadcasting Corporation.

Forty-one countries took part in the contest, with Bulgaria and Ukraine absent. Bulgaria withdrew due to members of the delegation being moved to other projects, while Ukraine had originally planned to participate in the contest but withdrew due to the controversy that surrounded their national final. Surprisingly, the United States of America opted to participate in lieu of the latter, sending the up-to-then unknown Grandfather and Grandson duo of Richard (Rick) Sanchez and Mortimer (Morty) Smith.

Despite its low showings in betting sites and multiple incidents from Sanchez's side, which included frequent moonings of other contestants in the Green room, an instance of "flipping the bird" during the flag parade, and ending both his performances with a barrage of vulgarities - aimed both at the audience and at Smith's repeated attempts at correction to the conventional "Thank you, Europe!" - the United States proceeded to win the contest with the duo's self-penned song, "Get Schwifty". However, the number of votes gathered by the American duo - 984, the maximum possible amount - immediately aroused suspicions of vote-rigging.

Consequently, an investigation was launched by the European Broadcasting Union (EBU), revealing that both the jury and televoting results were tampered with. The culprits for this were deemed to be Sanchez and Smith themselves, who apparently used technologies hitherto unknown to modern science to secure their landslide victory - for example, twenty-seven countries' juries were seemingly turned into snakes. As a result, Sanchez and Smith were forbidden from further participation in any and all future contests for their lifetimes, while the results of the contest itself were dismissed as fraudulent.

A recount then took place by inspecting the aggregated betting site odds for the preceding contest in 2018, comparing them to the actual results, and applying the results of this comparison to the appropriate betting site odds for 2019. This recount crowned Australia, represented by Kate Miller-Heidke with the song "Zero Gravity", as winner; as Australia is forbidden from hosting the contest in its territory, hosting rights were assigned to the second-placed country, the Netherlands.

The EBU reported that the contest had an audience of 182 million viewers across 40 markets all around Europe, which saw an increase by two percent in the 15–24 year old age range.

Last edited:
2010 U.S Senatorial and National Assembly General Elections.
2lbyypg.png

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask.
Now that I've got more time, I'm going to go in depth with each political party:

Rally of the People- Founded initially as a coalition of the far right Latter Day Salvationists and the more moderate right leaning Branch Davidians, the ROP as it's known, has grown to have close to eight hundred million registered voters and members, though less than a fraction of this actual number shows up to back ROP candidates in elections. It's political stances include a call to increase the minimum wage to 1.50 an hour, completely ban abortions, loosen restrictions on marajuana and other soft drugs, increase tarrifs incoming from the Roman Empire, to which President Scooter Libby has called "The greatest evil empire since the days of the Republic of China." It also seeks to improve relations with Saddam Hussein's Iraq and prop up rebel groups currently fighting a bloody civil war in Egypt. Voting strongholds include the states of Kansas and much of Missouri.

Hobo-Veteran- The right wing to moderately left wing older brother of the ROP, the HV has been a fierce supporter of welfare programs, but only just enough to enable an increase in homelessness in their voting strongholds of Alaska, Hawaii,Nevada, Delaware and some of Maryland. It differs from the ROP in not wanting as heavily to get involved and intangled in international politics, noticably in the ongoing Mongolian Civil War vote's to reject accepting refugees from the conflcit on the grounds of their increased risk to the nation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.