Collaborative Realistic Worldbuilding, Part ?

upload_2019-6-1_13-58-18.png

What about something like this
(probably not exactly there, just somewhere so it goes over the top of the world and back down)

I can't put the map on a globe but I can tell you that the line on the top of the map is a single point in a sphere. You either cover it whole or you don't.

I took @Lothal 's suggestion to remove the top of that Arctic island, since I'd like to have only one pole covered in land in this world. Also, the big eastern continent got a southwest corner, with a little island chain that may or may not make sense depending on how the tectonic plates turn out.

ah_com presents earth - the reboot.png

Claiming
upload_2019-6-1_22-10-7.png

IM going to be out of town for the next week on vacation. Ill still be able to use my phone, but I 95% am sure I wont be able to post maps and stuff.

Last edited:
I decided to sketch that iffy northern island. Note that this shows every fifth parallel but every tenth meridian. EDIT: This map is wrong! Our world map is laid out in 15x30 degree sections, not 15x15!
altgroen.png
EDIT:
altaltgroen.png

Also, expect an addition to the map below.
theinteriorofthesoutheasterncontinentcanprobablybefilledinmorebutwhyhurry.png

Last edited:
Rough draft for tectonics. Don't read anything into the sizes of the arrows.
View attachment 463330
Drew the bottom portion of the south east continent with the idea of a subduction zone ala South America.
I like the idea of the reverse ring of fire were the continents are closing in however.
Also the island to the southwest of the mP was drawn with the idea of it being like a jan mayen or New Zealand where it was formed by a rift valley

Drew the bottom portion of the south east continent with the idea of a subduction zone ala South America.
I like the idea of the reverse ring of fire were the continents are closing in however
Okay, let's put "reverse direction of antarctic plate" on the revision list.

I'm going to make a quick ocean currents map, so a question - does this planet rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise and how fast does it rotate (in days or hours)?