A Shining Valley - The Great Desert Lake in California

Did World War I and II still happen ITTL?
World War 1 has most of the same participants with the notable exclusion of the United States.
World War 2 as we know it doesn't occur. There were major wars around that time but they occured separately.

IcyCaspian

Banned
Thank you very much!

Also hey fellow readers, I am considering adding the Navajo-Hopi-Zuni reservations as a Native American free state so what are you thoughts on the idea?
Would the Navajo-Hopi-Zuni State have unique politics like California?
What would the name of the state be?

Would the Navajo-Hopi-Zuni State have unique politics like California?
What would the name of the state be?
It would most like Sequoyah actually by being a agglomeration of different native american groups in the borders of one state. It would likely have a name given by the whites, such as Pubelo. They would give it their own names of course

So I've decided to change the borders for the USA a bit, based upon my new canon. You can see the new map here.

Change log for USA 0.2
  • Incorporated Oklahoma into Sequoyah
  • Moved Alaskan border east
  • Added the state of East Tennessee
  • Add statehood movement modifier to large Native American reservations.

So I've decided to change the borders for the USA a bit, based upon my new canon. You can see the new map here.

Change log for USA 0.2
  • Incorporated Oklahoma into Sequoyah
  • Moved Alaskan border east
  • Added the state of East Tennessee
  • Add statehood movement modifier to large Native American reservations.
How come would the United States had viewed Russians living in Alaska?

I've increased the population of California after I realized that I underestimated the number of Hispanic immigration to California and overestimated the number of ethnic Californios. I've updated all the lore to match the new canon.

Californios
o2D5KUI.png

Last edited:
Very nice, chilly to think they were trapped in california.

What is Calpañol?
Good question! Its a Spanish based creole language with influence mostly from English but also Chinese and also some Native American languages. Although it is historically seen as a language of the uneducated, it has caught on with young adults and the newest generation of adolescents in the form of internet memes. Its now pretty common around middle school and high school students.

IcyCaspian

Banned
Good question! Its a Spanish based creole language with influence mostly from English but also Chinese and also some Native American languages. Although it is historically seen as a language of the uneducated, it has caught on with young adults and the newest generation of adolescents in the form of internet memes. Its now pretty common around middle school and high school students.
"it has caught on with young adults and the newest generation of adolescents in the form of internet memes. Its now pretty common around middle school and high school students." yeah i can see my generation doing that.

zrehh3S.png

The Free Labor party originated out of the successful attempts of the Freedmen's Bureau to create a politically active black community in the former South Carolina. Its precursor was known as the Freeman's Association, the African American political arm of the National Union until 1892 before it split over disagreements in political priorities. The association continued to exist as a advocacy group until 1902, when it was reorganized as a interstate political group and a Free Labor state party was formed in Liberty. Contrary to popular perception, Free Labor is not primarily a labor party, instead its name refers to labor/work now done by freed African Americans as opposed to enslaved labor. The party is largely economically center-right and pro-business, but factions are split on social issues.

Last edited:
Okay so guys we will be moving onto politics now, which leads me to a problem present ever since I posted that America Votes graphic with the pictures.

So basically its about us real life politicians pictures or just straight up copying real life politicians in my timeline, which will be present when I start posting news articles and more graphics. I want to use politician pictures so I can use them for posts like I just mentioned, but the first time I used them I got advice that it was really immersion breaking because people couldn't stop seeing the rl politician being much different than OTL. This ruining the immersion for people. I could do it as @Kanan and some other TL people do it and just straight up have rl people in present TTL. Of course that breaks my own immersion, because the world is so much different but the people are the same. I was thinking, I use rl politician pictures and make politicians somewhat close analogs to their IRL self, but the only thing that will change is that I will give them different names.

Thoughts?

Okay so guys we will be moving onto politics now, which leads me to a problem present ever since I posted that America Votes graphic with the pictures.

So basically its about us real life politicians pictures or just straight up copying real life politicians in my timeline, which will be present when I start posting news articles and more graphics. I want to use politician pictures so I can use them for posts like I just mentioned, but the first time I used them I got advice that it was really immersion breaking because people couldn't stop seeing the rl politician being much different than OTL. This ruining the immersion for people. I could do it as @Kanan and some other TL people do it and just straight up have rl people in present TTL. Of course that breaks my own immersion, because the world is so much different but the people are the same. I was thinking, I use rl politician pictures and make politicians somewhat close analogs to their IRL self, but the only thing that will change is that I will give them different names.

Thoughts?

Don’t listen to the people for whom it breaks their immersion, if using RL politician names breaks yours, don't do it.

Personally it wouldn't bother me

Last edited: