President Forever and other 270soft games Megathread

View attachment 455619
View attachment 455620

Al Gore/Ted Kenney vs Pat Robertson/Donald Rumsfeld

1988, started in the primaries with Dukakis and Bush off. On the GOP side, Robertson won IA and NH. Dole put up some resistance, but failed to stop Robertson from taking the nomination on the first round. Similarly, Jackson and Simon had pretty strong results, with Simon taking both IA and NH, but ultimately Gore carried the day. I then took the tickets and ported them over to the general. The result actually wasn't too different from what I got starting from the primaries, though. Map is also pretty realistic, all things considered. The 1988 scenario strikes me as one of the higher-quality ones.
Basically the Inventor of the Internet (Gore) and Progressive Rockstar (Kennedy) versus a Christian Fundie straight from Gilead. Obviously would vote Gore in this scenario.

How do you play as an observer?
Create a Benjamin Franklin character as part of the "SIMULATION Party" and then play as him throughout the entire primaries and general election, but don't forget to set him to "not running", otherwise, you may accidentally mess up the final vote count as people do vote for you if you are on the ballot, even if you don't campaign.

Create a Benjamin Franklin character as part of the "SIMULATION Party" and then play as him throughout the entire primaries and general election, but don't forget to set him to "not running", otherwise, you may accidentally mess up the final vote count as people do vote for you if you are on the ballot, even if you don't campaign.

Well, you can just edit it to that you're not on the ballot in any state.

How do you create characters? Also,can you sim multiple turns at a time?

Last edited:
How do you create characters? Also,can you sim multiple turns at a time?
Assuming you're using President Infinity and not an older version, there should be a campaign editor that will allow you to add a new party and leader. If you do it that way, then all you should need is to open that editor and create a new party in the "parties" tab, then make sure to lower any stats/bonuses of the party to 0 or the lowest alternative. Then go to the "leaders" and customize the base candidate to have 1/1/1/1/etc. stats, no money (unless you want the option to influence things, some people call this an "Illuminati" party rather than observer), no region bonuses, etc. Ben Franklin doesn't need to be involved but that does seem to be the trend, however the images and name you choose for the party/leader are purely cosmetic, the stats make the difference.

Other good tips are to reduce any party percentages in the regions to 0, and there should be a box on one of the screens that has an "on ballot" check box, turn this off for you observer party. There shouldn't be any, but check the endorser tab to make sure no endorsers are set to favor your party/leader.

A good example of a de facto observer party that doesn't look like on is in the scenario in 1868 or a little later with the Equal Rights party. Led by a woman before they could vote (and I believe she was under 35 as well) she is a candidate with stats but no ballot access, so 0 votes unless the player fights for ballot access.

If you don't have/ can't use the built-in editor, you could copy the scenario you want to make/modify and tinker with the files in notepad. I would open file explorer twice, split screen, the scenario I'm customizing on one side and a scenario with a working observer party in the other. Then just use Notepad or an equivalent to open/edit the files in the custom scenario, searching the original for any mentions of an observer and copying that code over.

On mobile but I can demo this further and am happy to help. One last note, save and test often no matter what method you use. Too many big changes can leave you with mistakes that are a pain to roll back and I've restarted scenarios to get around errors. Don't hesitate to copy your working but unfinished file before making changes, you can always revert that way.

As far as multiple turns, there is an option to advance 7 days with each press of the space bar, but you still see the popups and news each day, its not a case of pressing the button once and being a week ahead.

unknown.png

Howard Dean (D-VT)/Wesley Clark (D-AR): 282 electoral votes - 50.9% - 62,389,264 votes

George W. Bush (R-TX)/Dick Cheney (R-WY): 256 electoral votes - 49.1% - 60,105,504 votes

Battleground States
Michigan (Dean+0.3)
Wisconsin (Dean+0.3)

Minnesota (Bush+0.3)
Louisiana (Bush+0.9)

Hawaii (Dean+1.5)
Missouri (Bush+1.6)
Florida (Bush+1.8)
Ohio (Bush+2.4)
Nevada (Bush+2.4)
Oklahoma (Bush+2.5)

West Virginia (Dean+2.8)
South Dakota (Bush+3.0)
Oregon (Dean+3.1)
New Jersey (Dean+3.4)
Maine (Dean+3.6)

Arkansas (Bush+5.0)

Also more supportive of reopening the 9/11 commission and wild stuff about UFOs but you know
If it clarifies the Saudis' role in the 9/11 attacks and makes it clear they were aided by the monarchy, I wouldn't have any problems with reopening the commission, especially if it is used to hold Wahhabism accountable and punish a theocratic dictatorship for aiding and abetting an attack on U.S. soil.

And regarding extraterrestrials, there definitely is at least one spacefaring civilization out there within either the Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies, but they are currently so distant from us that not even contact is possible until we reach at least Type 1 on the Kardashev Scale (Complete control of our planet and it's natural resources, and near future technology), so I wouldn't write off UFOs just yet.

Deleted member 87099

If it clarifies the Saudis' role in the 9/11 attacks and makes it clear they were aided by the monarchy, I wouldn't have any problems with reopening the commission, especially if it is used to hold Wahhabism accountable and punish a theocratic dictatorship for aiding and abetting an attack on U.S. soil.

And regarding extraterrestrials, there definitely is at least one spacefaring civilization out there within either the Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies, but they are currently so distant from us that not even contact is possible until we reach at least Type 1 on the Kardashev Scale (Complete control of our planet and it's natural resources, and near future technology), so I wouldn't write off UFOs just yet.

No, that's not what he's about at all. From what he says he wants the new commission because he thinks it'll implicate the Bush administration.

As for UFOs he's a lot more about the "we've already been visited stuff" than most people. He's not just some casual guy on the topic.

At the risk of cluttering the thread, PM if you still wish to discuss Mike Gravel.

L58 Presidential Election Tl from 1968 to 20XX

lbjhumphrey_romneybush_wallacelemay.JPG
President Lyndon B. Johnson (D-TX)/ Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey (D-MN)
Governor George Romney (R-MI)/ US Representative George HW Bush (R-TX)
Former Governor George C. Wallace (AIP-AL)/ Former Governor Albert B. Chandler (AIP-KY)

The results of the 1968 Presidential election only added more fuel to the flames of the nation's crisis. All three of the main parties, plus millions of other Americans never agreed on what exactly went right or wrong that night. Congress would have its work cut out for it in the coming months...

il68resultslocal58.JPG

Local 58, a news station near Colchester, Illinois, notably changed their broadcasting of the state results in the 1968 election several times over two days and three nights. The station and its odd broadcasts may have gone unnoticed if it weren't for significant technical issues with broadcasters in Springfield and Chicago, rioting in those and other larger cities, and that candidates other than those on the ballot were said to have won before being immediately corrected.

Last edited: