Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be very interesting to see something created at some point about the different dialects of English and French spoken throughout New England.

Austin Peterson, the best Missourian

This is correct! He's the Peterson in question.

Ooooooh
That's bring me to ask: how libertarianism is like in TTL's USA?

It's pretty much the dominant ideology of the National Party. The National's primary economic objectives rest along the ideals of a free market, with compromise with Unions (but they should have a bit less power overall), and that socially, everyone should be left well enough alone, and there's no need for government to get involved. On issues such as gay marriage, Nationals normally opt to defend it, because the Government shouldn't be interfering in people's lives.

Going by the previous update on the UK, I was convinced devolution didn't exist here (despite not being mentioned either way) - what kinda system is in place?

Correct! This is a bill being advanced that will offer Scotland a devolved Parliament.

Will we get a better ending to Game of Thrones in this timeline?

But in all seriousness, what are the biggest tv shows, movies and cultural fads in this world?

I'm sorry to inform you that I am quite bad at television shows and cultural fads! This is the best I can give you. (and this)

Does that mean Antarctica has a permanent population?

Yes, about 42,000

I think it would be very interesting to see something created at some point about the different dialects of English and French spoken throughout New England.

This is a really good idea... I'll keep this in mind!!

Will there ever be a some kind of right-wing populist party in New England?

;)

It's pretty much the dominant ideology of the National Party. The National's primary economic objectives rest along the ideals of a free market, with compromise with Unions (but they should have a bit less power overall), and that socially, everyone should be left well enough alone, and there's no need for government to get involved. On issues such as gay marriage, Nationals normally opt to defend it, because the Government shouldn't be interfering in people's lives.

Ah, but do they want to privatise Aleppo?

f8jzz7B.png
Great post as always, but may I ask why the Ivory Coast just uses a French flag when they don't appear to be part of France?

Chief Ministers of the Suez Canal Territory; 2019 Suez Canal General Election
H4UyRqO.png
rW9yTLY.png

Note: While the Suez Canal Territory has had responsible government since the 1930s, it was only in 1982 that the position of Chief Minister was created, and all remaining authority of the Suez Canal Corporation was revoked in governmental affairs and regulation of the Canal. Previously responsible Government was achieved through the Secretary for the Suez and the Cabinet consisting of an elected Attorney General, elected Finance Secretary, and three Selectmen. A full sized version of the 2019 Suez Election map can be accessed here.

Last edited:
Well if you gave me some specifics I reckon something could be arranged ;)
Political party histories or descriptions/historic election results (or a writeup for the 2019 election itself, a la the provincial ones you've done for the main TL) would be absolutely beautiful! And more maps (if they don't take too much time, obviously)!

Out of curiosity, what did you use as the base for the constituency maps for the Suez Territory? Or did you hand draw the lines in paint/photoshop?

It's not seem like that, most nationals ITTL seem to be moderate and establishment republicans IOTL. They also favor gun control, which is unlikely move for a libertarian-oriented party.

The world GDP is about $4 trillion less than our worlds actual GDP and a bunch of nations (mainly second world nations that IOTL are not developed but almost there) are poorer in terms of GDP per capita. Most troubling.

Though thank you 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times over, @Kanan . The chart of nations by population and GDP is amazing.

Also, can we learn more about Vietnam? It seems to have taken the role of OTL Taiwan.

The world GDP is about $4 trillion less than our worlds actual GDP and a bunch of nations (mainly second world nations that IOTL are not developed but almost there) are poorer in terms of GDP per capita. Most troubling.

Though thank you 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times over, @Kanan . The chart of nations by population and GDP is amazing.

Also, can we learn more about Vietnam? It seems to have taken the role of OTL Taiwan.

All GDP figures seen in the graphic above are in OFC's United States Dollar. Which is not the same as a 2019 Real US Dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.