Until Every Drop of Blood Is Paid: A More Radical American Civil War

Union forces in two occasions drove the rebels back all the way to Lee's headquarters, and in both occasions Lee wanted to lead a counterattack himself. The soldiers themselves told him to fall back to security.

didn't lee end up having to take control of a individual Corp once ?

Speaking of Lee, and generals generally, how would the rebels react if a well known general was killed in action by a black unit? (I'm assuming that he was killed in action, not murdered.)

Confederate units, and the government encouraged this. The CSA threatened to execute Union officers of black units for the crime of "inciting a servile insurrection". There was the Ft Pillow massacre, and other such incidents. A general, especially a popular one, being killed facing black troops would make things worse, sort of, as they were pretty close to as bad as you could get already.

So I just read through longstreets biography..and I i find it funny how all the actual confederate leaders with a not absolutely horrible record on race are often pushed aside or ignored by lost causers in favor of whitewashing Some awful people..

So I just read through longstreets biography..and I i find it funny how all the actual confederate leaders with a not absolutely horrible record on race are often pushed aside or ignored by lost causers in favor of whitewashing Some awful people..
HMMMMMM I WONDER WHY THAT COULD POSSIBLY BE

It seems that I'll have to continue delaying the next update. My exams didn't give me any time to research or write, and now that they are over a personal tragedy has struck my family - my great-grandmother has died. This week, and probably the next one, is going to be long and busy for me. Again, I'm sorry for leaving you guys hanging for so long.

It seems that I'll have to continue delaying the next update. My exams didn't give me any time to research or write, and now that they are over a personal tragedy has struck my family - my great-grandmother has died. This week, and probably the next one, is going to be long and busy for me. Again, I'm sorry for leaving you guys hanging for so long.
There is no need to apologize--rl comes first. My condolences!

Praying for you and your family. It's always rough - we like to quote Scripture and say things like "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" but the problem is our loved ones are also absent from us. :) It's ironic that we say we lost someone when in reality we're the ones who feel lost at such a time.

My condolences. I was fortunate that I was old enough (13) to have had time with my great-grandmother who live quite close to us. She was very petite (under 5') but quite tough woman who had immigrated from the Austro-Hungarian Empire, and who, with three teenage daughters, lost her husband in the flu epidemic of 1918. You are fortunate to be able to have your memories...

I'm sorry for your loss