Thousand-Week Reich - A 'realistic' Nazi victory scenario

How are the political climates (in terms of ideology representation in national parliaments in present day Europe?

I've thought about that, and I'd think it depends on the place.

In the west (UK, US, Canada etc.), I assume there are various ideologies. I think perhaps more neoliberal ideas in terms of interventionism and such (having seen the need for intervention to stop very bad things), but I'd think there'd also be somewhat of a leftist movement too. However, probably not that many changes.

France I imagine having quite unstable and divided politics, with both remnants of Vichy far right and leftist movements being powerful and perhaps quite militant, all under the framework of a shaky democratic republic, since the whole civil war thing after a long period of fascist rule.

In Germany, i expect far right movements to be illegal and actively stamped out, with any far right political leaders being imprisoned. Probably somewhat of a leftist counterculture by people growing up during and after the Nazi collapse.

In Slavic Eastern Europe, I imagine Slavic Nationalism being a pretty dominating force. Perhaps in Russia, it could be combined with a measure of Soviet-nostalgic leftism. Anti-German sentiment would remain a big thing I imagine. Relative authoritarianism might remain in some of these states, especially Russia, even if there are official democracies.

I've thought about that, and I'd think it depends on the place.

In the west (UK, US, Canada etc.), I assume there are various ideologies. I think perhaps more neoliberal ideas in terms of interventionism and such (having seen the need for intervention to stop very bad things), but I'd think there'd also be somewhat of a leftist movement too. However, probably not that many changes.

France I imagine having quite unstable and divided politics, with both remnants of Vichy far right and leftist movements being powerful and perhaps quite militant, all under the framework of a shaky democratic republic, since the whole civil war thing after a long period of fascist rule.

In Germany, i expect far right movements to be illegal and actively stamped out, with any far right political leaders being imprisoned. Probably somewhat of a leftist counterculture by people growing up during and after the Nazi collapse.

In Slavic Eastern Europe, I imagine Slavic Nationalism being a pretty dominating force. Perhaps in Russia, it could be combined with a measure of Soviet-nostalgic leftism. Anti-German sentiment would remain a big thing I imagine. Relative authoritarianism might remain in some of these states, especially Russia, even if there are official democracies.

My belief is that in reaction to the excesses of Nazism, internationalism would be even stronger then OTL.

In response to the Nazis sucking Europe dry, the rest of the world is more cooperative on other issues. Trump's withdrawal from the Paris deal would be a no go ITTL.

My belief is that in reaction to the excesses of Nazism, internationalism would be even stronger then OTL.

In response to the Nazis sucking Europe dry, the rest of the world is more cooperative on other issues. Trump's withdrawal from the Paris deal would be a no go ITTL.

Yeah, that may be true, and I imagine international law and such being valued by many. I do think that in mainland Europe politics might end up a bit more militant though, with there being even more and more recent turmoil, but I'm not sure really.

Yeah, that may be true, and I imagine international law and such being valued by many. I do think that in mainland Europe politics might end up a bit more militant though, with there being even more and more recent turmoil, but I'm not sure really.

Well, what is the trajectory of the post-Nazi era in Europe ITTL? Is it like an "end of history" that lasts for a decade or so, before economic turmoil starts rumbling?

One more thing! The discord server for the TWR timeline and discussion died a while back, but I'm trying to kickstart it again. Join if you'd like to discuss!
https://discord.gg/b6pAf7H
YOU SENT AN INVITE TO JOIN A SERVER

Thousand Week Reich Timeline
what-is-this

Textbook - Reconstruction
And now, a kinda similar work of my own, coincidentally. I started this a long time ago, but got bored/disillusioned with it. Stumbled across it again recently and decided it had to be finishes, so here it is. Pretty self explanatory.

NGx6Oxs.jpg

Last edited:
My main problem is that removing the d in Hammarskjöld makes it look like it ends in kjol, which is a... rather different thing to a shield.

Any ideas for a future map? Working on the mod most of the time at the moment, but probably will have a bit of time going forwards. I've seen suggestions like Italy, anyone have any other ideas or requests?

Any ideas for a future map? Working on the mod most of the time at the moment, but probably will have a bit of time going forwards. I've seen suggestions like Italy, anyone have any other ideas or requests?
Maybe a US presidential election map for 1952 that shows Douglas MacArthur winning the presidency and including an explanation as to how he won in the first place? This could give you a chance to make MacArthur's victory in the election more plausible due to how ignorant on politics he was IOTL. It would certainly make CalBear happy and significantly less nauseous.

Maybe a map of the richest nations ITTL (In terms of GDP).

I would love to see how the Italian Fascist regime falls (or if it is still in power)

Maybe a US presidential election map for 1952 that shows Douglas MacArthur winning the presidency and including an explanation as to how he won in the first place? This could give you a chance to make MacArthur's victory in the election more plausible due to how ignorant on politics he was IOTL. It would certainly make CalBear happy and significantly less nauseous.

Oh, I'm considering retconning that actually, but I haven't touched it for now. It was only done on the fly, and I don't think is mentioned in too many places so it wouldn't be too hard. My knowledge of that kinda politics stuff within a nation, like the US, is not so great, so I feel like I messed that up a bit.

Maybe a map of the richest nations ITTL (In terms of GDP).

That may well be something I do next, maybe a map, or maybe a simple list or something, I'm not sure.

I would love to see how the Italian Fascist regime falls (or if it is still in power)

Italy had a pretty slow, anticlimactic 'fall' similar to Francoist Spain (though perhaps a little earlier), with the death of Mussolini and international pressure leading to the independence of its European puppets, decolonisation, and liberalisation into a democratic constitutional monarchy. I could probably make something for that, but it wouldn't be huge.

Thinking about it now, I had the idea to explore what the Atlantic Union is like in the timeline by the modern day, and came up with some ideas (like how it could exist with such a population and economic dominance from the US). Would you lot like that at some point?

Atlantic Union Parliament
Distribution of seats by country in the Atlantic Union Parliament

AU_Parliament.png

If you want to ask any questions, especially about how dominant the US would probably be in such an arrangement, or want to see more stuff about the Atlantic Union's history and modern structure (I have some ideas), just say!

Distribution of seats by country in the Atlantic Union Parliament

If you want to ask any questions, especially about how dominant the US would probably be in such an arrangement, or want to see more stuff about the Atlantic Union's history and modern structure (I have some ideas), just say!

What's the party system like? That's the one thing that would weaken US dominance, parties breaking up the regionalism. I'm also a little surprised not to see any minor Caribbean states joining.