Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
will we get a full map of with the other continents?

In the mysterious void of the future, who knows what may happen?

@B_Munro Why doesn’t Egypt control Mesopotamia? You mentioned an expansionist Persian Empire or at least one in its expansion phase. Is that the reason?

Mesopotamia has always been sort of a border area for Egypt, shifting in and out of their control depending on the latest cycle of Eternal Persia or invasion from the Steppes. It's currently Persian, although Persia is unlikely to expand any further west unless something seriously weakens Khemet (there are softer targets to the north and east).

I wasn't going all "tropey" with this one. :biggrin:

Europe varies between still mostly tribal in Ireland and the parts of eastern and central Europe most devastated by steppe invasions to fragmented medieval with gunpowder in the more advanced regions: the most developed are the *Viking nations which are comparable to Peak Premodern Ottomans at their strongest (if less politically unified) and still can offer something of a challenge to the African powers (which haven't reached Gatling Gun levels of industrial murder yet)
So, are people in this timeline gonna ask who in Europe could've pulled a Cnut and fight off the Africans?

Ironically, you link it back to someone who also admits that it’s not theirs
I can't believe I made that blunder. I knew something felt wrong but I completely skipped over the description. Here is the real original author, as far as I can tell. This map is kind of weird. The Facebook page gives a name: Piotr Kwaczyński, but they don't link to any website/portfolio of his. Googling his name comes up empty as well. Maybe one of the Polish users here can give us more info?

Eastern Europe 10 years after the Great war.

POD:
The Russian empire encrypt their radio's and thus are able to win the battle of Tannenberg forcing the German empire to pull many divisions from the west to reinforce the east.

This leads to a French offensive that does surprisingly well and manages to liberate Belgium and by the start of 1919 the allies reach the Rhine and Russia have taken western Prussia. The Austro-Hungarian empire is racked by Revolution and Germany had seen a communist uprising kill the Kaiser the Central powers capitulate of January 10th 1915.

In the peace of Versailles,

From Germany:

Russia took Prussia east and west, eastern half of Posen, and eastern half of Silesia.
Russia was given a 5 year military basing right of German lands east of the Oder.

France took back Alsace-Lorraine
France was given a 5 year military basing right of German lands West of the Rhine.

Britain was owed by Germany 12 billion pounds in reparations to be paid in gold over a 30 year period, interest free. Since Russia and France took land they waived a reparation payment.

The German navy was reduced to 1/3 that of Britain and its army to 1/2 it original pre war peace time. This was done in order to make sure Germany was weaken but not too weak that communists and other revolutionaries may take over from now "mourning" monarchy.

From Austria-Hungary

Russia took Galicia-Lodomeria, Bukovina and Transylvannia (Which was traded with Romania for Moldova)

Serbia was given Vojvodina, and the King of Serbia was made King of the Croat, Bosniaks and Slovenes.

Czekslovakia was created.

Hungary and Austria were seperated and while reduced both were given guaranteed access to the sea via the Danube.

From the Ottomans

Constantinople was made an international city

Greece was given all lands and islands east of the 30th meridian east

Armenia was created and the arabian lands of the Turks were divided between the French and British.

---

Italy tried to claim Trieste and Trento but was rejected by the Vicotrious allies as they did not participate in the war

With war over Russia focused on the east Annexing parts of Manchuria and Turkestan from the warring states of China.

1024px-Russian_Empire_(1867).svg.png

Edit: grammar

Last edited:

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
MOD EDIT Plagiarized map deleted. MOD EDIT

All the land ever owned by Poland (not Poland-Lithuania) and the number of years they held it. It's interesting to think that some of the territory annexed by Poland following the Polish-Soviet War had never been owned by a purely Polish state up to that point.

Plagiarism is a REALLY big deal here. You have posted at least two different maps (one of which you openly stated was not your work) without give proper credit, or even a link to the original.

Wrong.

This is a one bite offense. This is yours.

Kicked for a week.

Why did Greece get such a random area? There's no greeks living there afaik and it's an awkward line to split Turkey on
I would think that the border of the international territory of Constantinople lies there as well. Greece and Constantinople may share a border in this case. Found this while looking for maps of the Sea of Marmara and it's very close to actually making some sense there.

By the way, there are no such thing as no Greeks in Western Anatolia. All you have to do is... persuade the Turks to move out.
1280px-Turkish_Strait_disambig.svg.png

I decided to make a greater version of a state like a lot of others here recently. I just decided to make Ohio since I live there and all.

Greater Ohio.jpg

Last edited:
What does "Turk" and "Greek" mean here? I ask because in the Population Transfer, Greek-speaking Muslims were considered Turkish, and Turkish-speaking Christians Greek

Not sure how they're defining it in either of these maps. In any case, a lot of people had to move in the Population Transfer, and the borders could have shaken out differently.

It's not completely unrealistic.

If the First World War had ended differently, the outcome might have granted places with any Greek minority to Greece.

Though we should be careful with a lot of these maps. The Paris Peace Conference was infamous for people creating biased maps to prove their desired national borders were filled with their kin

Status
Not open for further replies.