Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the causes of the failure of Albania's transitional government after an four months of attempt to restore democracy? And how long would the international community will react since the Albania had already suffered the struggles in transitioning back to the civilian authority?

Just caught up with this and I can't believe I didn't find such an interesting take on my home region sooner. @Kanan you've done a fantastic job with this so far and I can't wait to see what happens next. It would seem that Conservative fortunes from their election didn't last them very long with one major scandal and legislative defeat less than a year into office, and now they're staring down the barrel of potentially another election.

Also, poor Jeb! can't seem to get a break in any ATL.

@Kanan Are there any populist parties in New England? (I suppose the Social Democrats are left populist to an extent) Is populism something that could get a foothold in New England or is much like Canada where it's not really happening?

@Kanan I just finished binging this whole timeline and I absolutely love it! I have never seen an Alternate History thread with so much detail. Also, sorry if this has been asked before, but how is Elon Musk in this timeline? Is he still in South Africa? Is he in New Zealand?

@Kanan I just finished binging this whole timeline and I absolutely love it! I have never seen an Alternate History thread with so much detail. Also, sorry if this has been asked before, but how is Elon Musk in this timeline? Is he still in South Africa? Is he in New Zealand?

He might be in Natal, since “Elon Musk” doesn’t really sound like an Afrikaans name.

Musk's mother is canadian, his father is a second generation Anglo-South African.

SpaceX and Elon Musk seem to exist ITTL according to the (old) Space Exploration milestone update, i really hope he is a much better person ITTL than IRL. Considering that Global Warming is much less of a problem i have a feeling that the (already unlikely IRL) circumstances where Tesla grew into what it is wouldn't have happened ITTL. Couldn't find a reference to Tesla on the thread.

Anyone else see that the budget failed again? Here comes more chaos in New England! Also, I saw that Facebook and Twitter are being broken up. Why is that?

It did!

They are being broken up for violating monopoly laws of the both countries. Mostly the United States, but both companies attempted to go to Canada to get around this. It didn't work.

"Liberal MP John Bercow mulls leadership challenge against Mundell"

I guess he thinks the party needs more ORDER.

skynews-bercow-speaker_4549183.jpg

Can we get some idea of what TV is like in the UK, please?

There are calls for this to happen IOTL. I can only assume that this movement is even stronger ITTL.

I will try and get something out about television in the UK this week. I have the entire week off!

Will the USSR get a new wikibox? Awesome work as usual, Kanan

Of course.

Well, it looks like the USSR might be in for happier times.

Interesting to hear about the Suez Integration Act. What's that all about?

And might the situation in Ireland be about to change? If there's sufficient public will for a referendum, might that stop the violence?

Things are looking... one way or the other in the USSR.

The Suez Integration Act would have been brought the Suez as an integral part of the United Kingdom, allotting it MPs in Westminster.

Hmm... who knows about Ireland?

If the Suez is considering being part of Egypt (that's what I assume the integration act is), then unless egypt is much better off ITTL than IOTL it is a horrible idea.

See above.

It's interesting how things have gotten much more chaotic following the election

Competing ideologies are very strong.

Going from a battered Opposition to a landslide majority (even a technical one, given how many rebels there are re: the budget) is not all that out there in a parliamentary system. Parties split a lot because people get swept into office and then find that they don't have the voice or influence they thought they would when they ran.

Indeed, you are seeing the rise of a very loud and rebellious faction inside the Tories...

Don't know if this was answered or not, but what's Joe Biden doing?

President Pro Temp of the Senate!

How did this happen? I am quite interested.

Spoilers ;)

Are the US not as capitalist/neoliberal ITTL, or how have they and Canada agreed to break up Facebook (and? or?) Twitter?

They are not. Labour unions are much stronger in the United States, and neoliberalism, while it exists, is only dominate in one party (the Nationals)

What are the causes of the failure of Albania's transitional government after an four months of attempt to restore democracy? And how long would the international community will react since the Albania had already suffered the struggles in transitioning back to the civilian authority?

Infighting and a new insurgency by communist loyalists. At the moment, no one has an interest in getting involved in Albania.

@Kanan How has New England performed in the Olympic and Commonwealth Games?

Fairly well. New England has hosted the Olympics twice, and the Commonwealth Games four times. Modest showings, nothing to write home about though.

Just caught up with this and I can't believe I didn't find such an interesting take on my home region sooner. @Kanan you've done a fantastic job with this so far and I can't wait to see what happens next. It would seem that Conservative fortunes from their election didn't last them very long with one major scandal and legislative defeat less than a year into office, and now they're staring down the barrel of potentially another election.

Also, poor Jeb! can't seem to get a break in any ATL.

Thank you so much! I'm glad to have you on board! Love hearing about new people jumping in. Indeed, things look rather unstable in the House of Commons...

@Kanan Are there any populist parties in New England? (I suppose the Social Democrats are left populist to an extent) Is populism something that could get a foothold in New England or is much like Canada where it's not really happening?

Populism in a sense really has been limited to Partie Acadien (Francophone) and only in the Acadian regions of the country. Right-wing populism pretty much exists only in the Tories, and even then they lose pre-selection a lot.

Awesome! Welcome to the thread and the commenters! I strive for detail haha. Elon Musk lives in the United States, but he was born in Natal.

I believe he’s in the United States as Tesla and SpaceX exists ITTL and he is the head of Tesla and SpaceX ITTL too, unless they are based in Natal, which I highly doubt.

They are based in the United States. Natal is little more than a military outpost.

So what is the MCU like in this timeline

I have nothing on this, sadly. Never put much thought into it. Sorry!

Silicon Natal would be very interesting though, @Kanan !

Hmm, maybe it's something they could look forward to in a brighter future

Status
Not open for further replies.