The two agents were keeping guard on him. They let Ringo inside the townhouse.

"This is probably for the best in the end, Billy."

"I should have kept my mouth shut. I threw it all away. Melanie's left. John's called and threatened to kill me. What about my ma? They're going to take it all away from me."

"I'll take care of your ma, son."

The MI6 agent with the square jaw and the slight Scots accent walked in the front door with three policeman. "William Shears Campbell," one of the Bobbys said, "You are under arrest for fraud. Please come peacefully."

"Take care of her, Ringo."

"I will, son."

Last edited:
"This is a disaster." The minister said. "It could bring down the government."

The director of MI6 said, "We have a simple solution. I've already given orders."

"It better be good as well as simple."

"We put all the blame on Campbell. We claim it was a Soviet scheme, that he is a Soviet agent, and that he fooled all of the Beatles. We already spoke to the girlfriend and she actually seems to believe already that he tricked her."

"You can convince all of the Beatles and their staff to cooperate."

"What choice do they have, minister?"

I bet John won't cooperate. Also Ringo looks hard to convince. He will denounce the government and bring it and the MI6 down.

It's fitting the call letters of the radio station make the word wacky.
Believe me, WAKY was an exact description of the station in the 60's and 70's. The call letters were very deliberately chosen. Their first day on the air they played "Purple People Eater" over and over. They'd announce and back announce other songs/artists, but every song was - Purple People Eater.

Believe me, WAKY was an exact description of the station in the 60's and 70's. The call letters were very deliberately chosen. Their first day on the air they played "Purple People Eater" over and over. They'd announce and back announce other songs/artists, but every song was - Purple People Eater.

That is wacky, or I guess WAKY.

He's A Real Nowhere Man

OOC: I don't believe the Tower still has usage as a prison. But in TTL we're saying that there still exists luxury suites that are secure enough to operate as a prison and that's where Will is taken. The Scots accented agent explains to him that he was serving the Queen, so he has to be treated well, but he still has to be treated like a criminal for the sake of the Kingdom.

He's A Real Nowhere Man

OOC: I don't believe the Tower still has usage as a prison. But in TTL we're saying that there still exists luxury suites that are secure enough to operate as a prison and that's where Will is taken. The Scots accented agent explains to him that he was serving the Queen, so he has to be treated well, but he still has to be treated like a criminal for the sake of the Kingdom.

I can't play the video,is it important to the story?

Could you play it at YouTube?

Paul Is Dead Video

What it adds to the story I also talked about in the OOC statement in the same post. They put him in a luxury suite in the Tower of London.

I get a message that it contains material from UMG and is therefore blocked my country.
Typical German problem, but I thought they had mostly negotiated deals by now.

Don't worry, I am used to it.

I get a message that it contains material from UMG and is therefore blocked my country.
Typical German problem, but I thought they had mostly negotiated deals by now.

Don't worry, I am used to it.

I'll make one without the music to fix that for you so you can see it.

Here's one without the music, which may mean you can view it. If you have "Nowhere Man" and you can start it at 3.5 seconds in, you'll get the same experience as I intended.

The Fool
(Of course there is no TTl song at all like this OTL song, nevertheless it fits)​

"You are just a fool, aren't you?" The MI6 agent with the Scots accent and square jaw said. The twinkle he often had in his eye was totally gone. Replacing it was anger.

Will just smiled and said nothing. Even though the agent was there to bawl him out, it was still company. It seemed no one liked him anymore. Not even Melanie. He'd hoped Ringo would come and visit. But he hadn't.

All he had to entertain him was to look out the window and see the world out there he no longer was a part of. There were no bars on the window, but he was up several stories, so the fact he could break a window and crawl out was pointless.

"I should have known you had your head in a cloud, you didn't think of the consequences at all? Did you?"

"I was thinking that we could all be honest. That John and Mr. McCartney and Jane could all really grieve. They could get on with their lives. I had to let it oot, you know. Stop being a nowhere man."

"A thousand voices and you go back to sounding like Toronto."

"You want Paul's voice, then?" He said sounding just like Paul. The truth was it was easier after a year of doing it, then to go back to his previous accent."

"I came to tell you that we don't know what to do with you. The Director had thought of blaming the Soviets, saying you were an agent. The PM vetoed that. Too many here were in on it. That would cause more problems then it would solve."

"Has any one else admitted to it?"

"No. Just you."

"Just the fool that I am."

"Everyone has kept a tight lip, admitted nothing, said nothing. George is in India. John has holed up at Kenwood. Ringo is actually up at the farm in Scotland."

"Good. He's taking care of my ma."

"Brian has gone on holiday with McKellen to San Francisco. Melanie moved back home. The rest of the retinue are just as tight lipped."

"And here I sit, no papers, no magazines, no telly. You like it I didn't say T.V.?"

"What I'd like is if you hadn't said what you said to the press."

"It's too late. Isn't it? But I am glad I did. I don't think I could have gone on."

"I am not happy to hear that, Paul."

"Aren't we done with that charade?" He said in the Toronto Will accent.

"We have an idea. You had a psychotic break. A bad LSD trip you took when you went to see the film. You thought you were dead and someone else. Then you'll get better."

"You have got to be kidding me. No one will believe that."

"No one has verified what you said."

"But the genie is out of the bottle. Humpty Dumpty is spread out all over the pavement."

"I am in the business of putting genies back in bottles. We are going to put you in a sanitarium. The question is whether you get better and get out or not."

"Will I at least get to watch some T.V.?"

Nice twist. A "Paul just freaked out" cover-story makes sense, from a damage-control angle.

This puts Paul/William squarely in the territory of Syd Barrett, Roky Erikson, Skip Spence etc.

If he's committed to an asylum, does this mean he's no longer in the Beatles? Would they bother to replace him with another songwriter, or just new side-men & be George/John-led as far as song writing goes? Who could replace him?

If he remains in the Beatles, he could only be used as a songwriter while "on enforced leave".. perhaps they could credit the more (ahem) *out there* songs to Paul, and say that they were just pained dispatches from the hospital.

We could have a situation where John's OTL freak out stuff (Revolution 9, What's the New Mary Jane), and intensely chilling songs (Cold Turkey, I'm So Tired, I want you etc) could be credited to Paul (publishing money to William's hospital bills and his mother) to emphasise that he's not well in the head, while John's officially-credited songs mellow more than OTL... ending the Lennon/McCartney co-credit on everything they wrote.

You know, this is a macabre angle, but could Fake Paul be the Beatle that gets shot in this TL? I could definitely see a fan being so consumed with rage at "them" for trying to "pass off a fake Paul", that they might attempt to hunt down the imposter. Perhaps Mark David Chapman decides to take down a "phony" of a different kind...