Now, as we all know, the seeds of the Pax Francia were sewn in the 1763 Treaty of London, where British overdevotion to their navy saw their army neglected and ripe for france to tear apart. Britain lost Newfoundland and the Ohio river valley as well as India and the Carolinas, with English Virginia and new england only being spared because of their population. Britain eventually recovered, even taking the entirety of the Niger river when it was booted from India and conquering Indonesia from the Dutch.

But what if that didn't happen, and France lost the 7 Year's War?

Gian

Banned
You would probably see the French settlers of North America expelled by the British, for one. Canada and Acadia for one (the twin foundations of the United Republic*), would most likely be ceded to Britain, denuded of its Gallic inhabitants, and English settlers put in their place. Louisiana too (assuming that was ceded as well)

Thank God that never happened, or we might have lost one of the first republics in the world (and ultimately the great superpower).

I once saw a TL where England won the war, settled the colonies that were Gallic in OTL. It completely passed the point of implausibility for me when the English colonies literally did the all the exact same things that the French ones did OTL. Right down to independence being declared on the same day! Which is, in my mind, just ridiculous. There’s no way the UR could have been formed without the French revolutionary spirit.

Would the Greater Swiss Empire still come to terrorize Europe with the Axis treaty binding then to the Dutch Republic and nascent Luxembourg Technarchate?

Without the reforms of Franz Joseph and the splitting of Germany and the Hapsburg realms, would they ever liberalize to the DF?

It's hard to see an absolutist Danube given the Great Jihad of 1888, so you'd have to get rid of that, and probably weaken the Turks as a whole. I could see a technarchic dictatorship a la Luxembourg however, especially given the movement's OTL prominence in areas such as Vlachia and the Banat/Vojvodina.

It's hard to see an absolutist Danube given the Great Jihad of 1888, so you'd have to get rid of that, and probably weaken the Turks as a whole. I could see a technarchic dictatorship a la Luxembourg however, especially given the movement's OTL prominence in areas such as Vlachia and the Banat/Vojvodina.
I mean the Ottomans only survived to this day because their old ally France was hegemon and realized that a strong middle eastern power would help them deal with British Persia and British Morocco. If Britain won the war and redirected trade even more than OTL there was no way they'd hold onto Greece, let alone hold Romania to Oman. Hell they'd probably lose a massive coastal province like Egypt or Hejaz

Speaking of which, I once saw a joke TL in which Switzerland basically becomes the most peaceful, neutral country ever. It was hilarious, because it was just so Un-Swiss.

Speaking of which, I once saw a joke TL in which Switzerland basically becomes the most peaceful, neutral country ever. It was hilarious, because it was just so Un-Swiss.

Yes, just as absurd as an idea that participants of this thread would be using English instead of French for their posts...

God, can you imagine if English became the most widely spoken language? I would feel so bad for anyone trying to learn that incomprehensible mishmash of language families.

God, can you imagine if English became the most widely spoken language? I would feel so bad for anyone trying to learn that incomprehensible mishmash of language families.
I'm actually from Russian America, had to learn it and french. Not gonna lie, both are awful, but at least english pronounces the majority of its words.