What if Henry II of England survives up to 1210

What if Henry II survives his disease in 1189 and continues to rule up to 1210, what would be the consequences of this in English history, does this mean that Richard would consummate his marriage with Berengaria and have kids with her, how would this also effect John and Arthur?

@Elfwine @isabella @Kellan Sullivan @The Professor

Last edited:
What if Henry II survives his disease in 1189 and continues to rule up to 1210, what would be the consequences of this in English history, does this mean that Richard would consummate his marriage with Berengaria and have kids with her, how would this also effect John and Arthur?

@Elfwine @isabella @Kellan Sullivan @The Professor
Richard will not marry Berengario here... The fate of the engagement between Richard and Alys will remain unresolved but I think who most likely here Alys will marry John.

Richard will not marry Berengario here... The fate of the engagement between Richard and Alys will remain unresolved but I think who most likely here Alys will marry John.
But here even if Richard does not inherit the throne he and his heirs have Aquitaine.

But here even if Richard does not inherit the throne he and his heirs have Aquitaine.
Exactly. I think who Henry (who has Eleanor still in his custody) will still be able to interfere with Richard’s wedding and I am not sure who Berengaria will be the best alliance for him...
Plus I think who Eleanor arranged the wedding in OTL and here she is still imprisoned by Henry...
Maybe a better solution would be having Eleanor dying (or accepting an annulment under conditions who she will be free and all her lands will go to Richard) and Henry II quickly remarrying to Alys...

Exactly. I think who Henry (who has Eleanor still in his custody) will still be able to interfere with Richard’s wedding and I am not sure who Berengaria will be the best alliance for him...
Plus I think who Eleanor arranged the wedding in OTL and here she is still imprisoned by Henry...
Maybe a better solution would be having Eleanor dying (or accepting an annulment under conditions who she will be free and all her lands will go to Richard) and Henry II quickly remarrying to Alys...
Perhaps Yolande of Hainault could marry Richard instead, since he is close to Marie of France, she can pop heirs soon.