Not open for further replies.
zEJ2BR9.png

Official Languages of Canadian Provinces
English
French
German
Gaelic

USAmerica.png

Don't think I posted this before so going to do so now. An alternate United States of America. USA consists of 4 "Republics" who are more independent than the states (Vermont has a Westminster System, Texas does its elections on a six year (and not 4 year) basis, Hawaii actually restored a fully ceremonial and powerless monarchy and Cuba has free education and healthcare) and have their own partial militaries (Army and Air Force for Texas and Vermont, Navy and Army for Cuba and Navy and Air Force for Hawaii); 7 "Federal Districts" (formerly territories) who have 1 senator each (and not 2) and the continental ones other than Columbia are basically huge reservations; and 42 "States" divided into 10 Confederations. All confederations and republics have their own party systems and federal parties only exist as big tent coalitions and for the districts. I may add some more information (especially about the parties and the names of the states, confederations and districts.) But don't think I will any time soon.

Last edited:

Skallagrim

Banned
That is lovely, @Gokbay! One of those scenarios that very much appeals to my decentralist preferences. These worlds are the ones that almost make me wish for the upportunity to 'hop over there' and have a look around. :cool:

My only quibble is that some of the north-south borders look off (that is: they don't take the curvature of the earth into account, while the rest of the borders do). Assuming you intend for the straight borders running vertically to be actual north-south borders, the map should look a bit more like this if you correct them for the projection:

USAmerica-edit.png

...Please don't take my unsollicited edit of your map as mean-spirited. I really like the scenario, and this is meant to be helpful/constructive. (And my apologies that I've fudged the western border of those Federal Districts a bit.)

That is lovely, @Gokbay! One of those scenarios that very much appeals to my decentralist preferences. These worlds are the ones that almost make me wish for the upportunity to 'hop over there' and have a look around. :cool:

My only quibble is that some of the north-south borders look off (that is: they don't take the curvature of the earth into account, while the rest of the borders do). Assuming you intend for the straight borders running vertically to be actual north-south borders, the map should look a bit more like this if you correct them for the projection:

View attachment 458351

...Please don't take my unsollicited edit of your map as mean-spirited. I really like the scenario, and this is meant to be helpful/constructive. (And my apologies that I've fudged the western border of those Federal Districts a bit.)

It's not a problem and in fact thank you about those north-south straight borders. I generally fail to properly account for the curvature. In fact some time ago I simply didn't and just made straight lines. On the scenario itself I didn't actually think much about specifics so if you have any ideas about names and borders I would be glad to hear it. You know PM me or come to this thread I would love to have some commentary on my older maps there.

Last edited:
Progress Report: BUIC is still in the works, but is being pushed back a little due to other plans. But will have it out by next week. Also, I'm still deciding on whenever or not to continue to Anglo-Japanese World or not.

In the meantime, however, here is a sneak peek at my other project for this thread...

On the eve of January 1st, 2019, the World was suddenly split into two, one where those above 'Level 5' on the Democracy Index and those on it and below were separated apart and sent to two different Earths, along with numerous countries from different universes and timelines, many of them with similar governments...

democraciesonly.png

authoritiansonly.png

Progress Report: BUIC is still in the works, but is being pushed back a little due to other plans. But will have it out by next week. Also, I'm still deciding on whenever or not to continue to Anglo-Japanese World or not.

In the meantime, however, here is a sneak peek at my other project for this thread...
What happened to the Bahamas, the rest of the carribean, and the pacific island nations?

sm5zf03w4ax21.png

Hey, would you look at that? I'm not dead! In all seriousness I've just been burned out creatively this past month and haven't felt like posting much of anything. I do hope to turn that around though with a few new maps I've had done for weeks (too lazy to do a write-up) as well as my new WIP project; The Greatest Game in the World.

View attachment 458351

I’ve always wondered if there was some kind of borderpool or basemap that just shows the meridians, or if there was a rule to make north south lines without just copying the closest one on a basemap

Considering how biased that index is, it looks like we have a mixture of democratic and non-democratic states of both sides. The only nation with any hope of standing up to the Western Bloc on the first Earth is India, while the second Earth would probably primarily fall under a combination of Russian, Chinese and Islamic influence (the latter being mostly under the influence of Turkey, Iran and/or Pakistan).

Also glad that Israel and Palestine, India and Pakistan, the two Koreas etc etc have been separated. Both worlds could actually become far more peaceful than OTL.

The sixth map in The Blighted Age series, this series aims to depict a zombie apocalypse during the Victorian Era (specifically starting in 1815). This time we've gone a bit down south to see just how France and Iberia have fared against the dead. Iberia was the original source of the Blight into Europe, as Colonial administrators from the slave colonies returned to Europe. The mountainous nature of Spain and the Pyrenees allowed for many in Europe who saw what was coming to prepare for it; but as the Hordes grew in number, defenses became less and less adequate.

Catalan Empire - The most powerful state power to emerge from Iberia and France has been the startling success of the Catalan Empire. Having had a long history of succession and rebellion, Catalonia revolted soon after Madrid was infested and was able to convince many other regions of eastern Spain to leave as well. During these chaotic times, the British were able to reestablish themselves in Menorca. Eventually these regions (which by now included parts of France) united against threats but dead and alive into the Catalan Empire.

The North Iberian States - Their only real living threat lied across Iberia the north of Spain, however in the late 1820's, civil war broke out in the Kingdom of Spain. The established royal Family fled to Peru and the Carlist's won. However, the political chaos left in the wake of the war would lead to the even deadlier Leonist War. During this time, not only would Galicia declare its independence, but so did over have of the kingdom. Unfortunately for Carlist Spain, while the states that declared independence were small in size, in number they were strong. They would lead into the Confederation of Leon in 1839, an Old Swiss style confederacy that was able to defeat Spain and gain independence. Current fears are arising however, over the status of Galicia in this new world.

The Three Frances - Much like how the legitimate king of Spain is debated between the Peruvian Crown, the Floridian Crown, and the Iberian Crown, so to is France's modern successor debated. After the Undying Plague hit France, the populous and flat countryside was devastated; only small regions of coast and mountainous areas were able to hold out long enough to properly build defenses. In the north, the Orleanist French Kingdom in supported by the UK and a client state, but with more and more undead along its walls, many in parliament want to pull the plug on this rump state.

The more southern Republic of France has fared a lot better; with the terrible conditions imposed by the Blight, the Second French Revolution was seen as inevitable. The New Republic has done quite well for itself, however, the surrounding hordes are some of the most ravenous in mainland Europe. This has largely prevented the strongest French states from reclaiming their land, though the reclamation of the coast has allowed them to expand externally. This has given them the edge over the only landlocked French State; the Empire of the French.

Many in France claimed Napoleons exile to St. Helena was what caused the dead to walk the Earth. Those who started with mild revolutionary ideals, soon became radical and Napoleon was again raised to the king chosen by god figure most European monarchs had. His son, Napoleon II was able to round up enough supporters to revolt and win against the dying remains of France and in 1823, he had won his war. Upon his death in the early 1830's, many expected the Empire to fall, but Napoleon's Brother, Lucien Bonaparte, was able to seize control of the monarchy and keep the line going. However a small civil was did occur over supporters of the Napoleon I Plot (that claimed Napoleon was alive and well in St. Helena, waiting for rescue). After his recent victory against these forces in 1833, Lucien Bonaparte was crowned as Lucien I to separate him from both Bonapartes before him. His son, Lucien II would replace him after his death in 1838.

As always, Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this map and the timeline as a whole. I apologize for the low quality, but this coward website cannot handle its power, please click on the map for a higher resolution version. If anyone has any questions, suggestions, critiques, or ideas do feel free to let me know! Also if anyone would be interesting in seeing a dedicated thread for this series, do also let me know. Other maps in the series are as followed;

1. Italy

2. Northern Germany

3. United States

4. Caribbean

5. British Isles

The sixth map in The Blighted Age series, this series aims to depict a zombie apocalypse during the Victorian Era (specifically starting in 1815). This time we've gone a bit down south to see just how France and Iberia have fared against the dead. Iberia was the original source of the Blight into Europe, as Colonial administrators from the slave colonies returned to Europe. The mountainous nature of Spain and the Pyrenees allowed for many in Europe who saw what was coming to prepare for it; but as the Hordes grew in number, defenses became less and less adequate.

Catalan Empire - The most powerful state power to emerge from Iberia and France has been the startling success of the Catalan Empire. Having had a long history of succession and rebellion, Catalonia revolted soon after Madrid was infested and was able to convince many other regions of eastern Spain to leave as well. During these chaotic times, the British were able to reestablish themselves in Menorca. Eventually these regions (which by now included parts of France) united against threats but dead and alive into the Catalan Empire.

The North Iberian States - Their only real living threat lied across Iberia the north of Spain, however in the late 1820's, civil war broke out in the Kingdom of Spain. The established royal Family fled to Peru and the Carlist's won. However, the political chaos left in the wake of the war would lead to the even deadlier Leonist War. During this time, not only would Galicia declare its independence, but so did over have of the kingdom. Unfortunately for Carlist Spain, while the states that declared independence were small in size, in number they were strong. They would lead into the Confederation of Leon in 1839, an Old Swiss style confederacy that was able to defeat Spain and gain independence. Current fears are arising however, over the status of Galicia in this new world.

The Three Frances - Much like how the legitimate king of Spain is debated between the Peruvian Crown, the Floridian Crown, and the Iberian Crown, so to is France's modern successor debated. After the Undying Plague hit France, the populous and flat countryside was devastated; only small regions of coast and mountainous areas were able to hold out long enough to properly build defenses. In the north, the Orleanist French Kingdom in supported by the UK and a client state, but with more and more undead along its walls, many in parliament want to pull the plug on this rump state.

The more southern Republic of France has fared a lot better; with the terrible conditions imposed by the Blight, the Second French Revolution was seen as inevitable. The New Republic has done quite well for itself, however, the surrounding hordes are some of the most ravenous in mainland Europe. This has largely prevented the strongest French states from reclaiming their land, though the reclamation of the coast has allowed them to expand externally. This has given them the edge over the only landlocked French State; the Empire of the French.

Many in France claimed Napoleons exile to St. Helena was what caused the dead to walk the Earth. Those who started with mild revolutionary ideals, soon became radical and Napoleon was again raised to the king chosen by god figure most European monarchs had. His son, Napoleon II was able to round up enough supporters to revolt and win against the dying remains of France and in 1823, he had won his war. Upon his death in the early 1830's, many expected the Empire to fall, but Napoleon's Brother, Lucien Bonaparte, was able to seize control of the monarchy and keep the line going. However a small civil was did occur over supporters of the Napoleon I Plot (that claimed Napoleon was alive and well in St. Helena, waiting for rescue). After his recent victory against these forces in 1833, Lucien Bonaparte was crowned as Lucien I to separate him from both Bonapartes before him. His son, Lucien II would replace him after his death in 1838.

As always, Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this map and the timeline as a whole. I apologize for the low quality, but this coward website cannot handle its power, please click on the map for a higher resolution version. If anyone has any questions, suggestions, critiques, or ideas do feel free to let me know! Also if anyone would be interesting in seeing a dedicated thread for this series, do also let me know. Other maps in the series are as followed;

1. Italy

2. Northern Germany

3. United States

4. Caribbean

5. British Isles
hows morocco? and how did Andalusia got made?

1. Italy

2. Northern Germany

3. United States

4. Caribbean

5. British Isles
I love it! But what is that great green blob next to the French Republic? Is it meant to be the South German Confederation?

hows morocco? and how did Andalusia got made?

Morocco is doing extremely well it part due to the Atlas mountains blocking off most of the North African Hordes. They have largely remained politically stable compared to other European or Islamic nations. They are currently using the fact that only naval trade is practical to sky rocket their economy.

In 1799 Spain and Morocco agreed to respect each others citizens' rights to practice their religion in either country. However, with Spain in chaos, many Catholics in Southern Spain accused the Moroccan immigrants of being the cause of the Plague (A common, but false view seen against many minorities in countries across the world) and attempted to purge them out of the region. However, by this time, the Hordes had moved from the Southwest across to the Northeast, cutting Spain in half; To add on, Morocco had become a larger power with the absence of real opponents in the region. Morocco declared war on Spain (But in de facto terms, only the south of Spain) and with Catalan aid, defeated Spain. A Moroccan client state was established as Andalusia, with Murcia being established as a buffer state with the Catalan Empire.

I love it! But what is that great green blob next to the French Republic? Is it meant to be the South German Confederation?

That Green Blob would be the mainland holdings of the Piedmont-Sardinian Empire, with after major nationalist and republicans revolutions, was forced to reform in a manor similar to OTL Austria-Hungary.

@damein fisher Did many if any of the Basque survive? I can see the shores of the Bay of Biscay are bare, with the French Horde borders suggesting they were overrun form the north, but wouldn't a decent enough amount of people manage to get to their large amount of fishing boats? Not that it would do them very good to have overcrowded boats which they couldn't with due to how many are aboard or to land with. And I can only imagine how sometime in the future, should they survive. they might be steaming if some Legitimist French state got set up and they claimed the French Hoard innthe Basque Country was divine endorsement of the Biurbin claims to be Kings of France and Navarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.