Explain the AH Quote

Lee Harvey Oswald to John McCone, Director of Central Intelligence, on how they hid the assassination of JFK from the rest of the governement, using the funds given to then for the Department of Readiness, which was phony.

Quote: "History will decide if I'm a villain or a hero."
The last words of Emperor Napoleon the 1st on his deathbed, in 1837.

"Onwards men! Do you wish to live like slaves?!"

The last words of Emperor Napoleon the 1st on his deathbed, in 1837.

"Onwards men! Do you wish to live like slaves?!"
Senator Lincoln leading free slaves out of the south while being chased by CSA soldiers in South Carolina while heading to Charleston the only pro-union area in South Carolina.

God what have I become, President H.W. Bush when he enacted Operation Ergomus Finis

God what have I become, President H.W. Bush when he enacted Operation Ergomus Finis
In 1995, as the Russian Federation launched a nuclear attack on the Western World in response to a Norwegian Weather Rocket they mistook for a nuclear missile, the United States responded in kind and the re-elected George HW Bush found himself sombrely reflecting on how the End of History had become a little too literal, as he left the White House for a secure location. With the world destroyed after the Cold War was over by a stupid, avoidable mistake, the last President of America could not help blaming himself and his blase approach to diplomacy with Russia, for all that had happened.

"All hail King Homer!"
Enoch Powell

“Madame Gorbachev, tear down this mall”
A humorous quote by Mikhail Gorbachev to his wife in 1990. The real estate magnate had just bought the failing Mall of America and, after much controversy, decided to entirely renovate it rather than prop it up with his massive fortune. The renovations would drag on however as the newly renamed Mall of Humanity became the largest mall on Earth clocking in at a gargantuan 3.5 million sq ft. The construction almost bankrupted Gorbachev Holdings and many said its rampant ambition would be the downfall of the Gorbachev family. However with the mall now celebrating its tenth year open the Mall has become one of the great monuments to prosperity and capitalism, even spawning a small community made up almost entirely of workers in the Mall itself, a true company town if there ever was one.

"It’s not my responsibility. I was sent here to build civilization, and I will build it. If you trample a man’s garden, he has a right to punch you back. Go home. My measures will not be crippled by any bureaucracy. We’ll go down in history either as the world's greatest statesmen or its worst villains. There is a clarity to that."

"It’s not my responsibility. I was sent here to build civilization, and I will build it. If you trample a man’s garden, he has a right to punch you back. Go home. My measures will not be crippled by any bureaucracy. We’ll go down in history either as the world's greatest statesmen or its worst villains. There is a clarity to that."
Silena Gomez in her 2016 World Tour run to a fan in Europe. At the request of a Italian senator, the singer was aiding in the terrorist bomb recovery efforts when an individual approached the singer for a conversation that escalated into the Youtube Act of 2020.

"I don't understand the point anymore. We go from quote to quote, muddling a timeline of history that has become paradoxical! There was a World War 3, except, there was a peacetime, a cold war, a flooded earth, a poet, a peaceful earth, in the same year of World War 3. Why should we continue to pollute the text with our timeline of events? All we have done is reference things that just don't make sense anymore. Is there a way we can have some more rules? A goal to strive for?"

A comment originally made by the user DARKMarvin12 on the now inactive adifferenthistory.com.

It was written as a criticism of the infamous "A new golden world": a community project set in a AT where Alexander the Great's empire never fell. There users were encouraged to submit their on entries to the project, creating a unique and huge fleshed out world, all with the intend of making the forum a more unified community. Unfortunately however, the lack of strict rules and moderation meant that it quickly devolved into a convoluted, poorly thought out mess, with very little cooperation between members resulting into confusing timelines, with often nonsensical and at times contradictory events.

"Brazil has fallen into civil war, Argentina claimed Antarctica as part of its territory, Chile proclaimed itself the new Inca empire and is now supporting Japan in the war. I fell as if more has happened in this single day than it did in the entire two last decades."

Silena Gomez in her 2016 World Tour run to a fan in Europe. At the request of a Italian senator, the singer was aiding in the terrorist bomb recovery efforts when an individual approached the singer for a conversation that escalated into the Youtube Act of 2020.

"I don't understand the point anymore. We go from quote to quote, muddling a timeline of history that has become paradoxical! There was a World War 3, except, there was a peacetime, a cold war, a flooded earth, a poet, a peaceful earth, in the same year of World War 3. Why should we continue to pollute the text with our timeline of events? All we have done is reference things that just don't make sense anymore. Is there a way we can have some more rules? A goal to strive for?"
Ian the admin trying to explain the pardoxal nature of the AH discussion website
The armies of the Minnesota are at are gates... soon they will will rule all of Midwest the the USA and then... the world

The armies of the Minnesota are at are gates... soon they will will rule all of Midwest the the USA and then... the world

Part of the speech given by Mike Stoklasa, one of the leaders of the Red Letter movement in in the early 2000. The movement intended to unite the United States following the minor nuclear exchange in the Third World War in 1980s. Stoklasa will later be assassinated by fellow general Chris Evens.

‘All roads lead to Wyoming.’

Part of the speech given by Mike Stoklasa, one of the leaders of the Red Letter movement in in the early 2000. The movement intended to unite the United States following the minor nuclear exchange in the Third World War in 1980s. Stoklasa will later be assassinated by fellow general Chris Evens.

‘All roads lead to Wyoming.’

A claim attributed to King Pahayoko XI of Comancheria, the Texas-based Comanche realm recounted after the Great Dying, which had recently conquered the former American state of Wyoming from the cowboy nomads living there. After Comanche rule had stabilized in the 3450s, Pahayoko’s government would encourage settlers to move north into the bountiful High Plains and the rugged but mineral-rich Rocky Mountains, with the state corps of engineers undertaking several northward road projects to facilitate travel.

“A loyal army will fight for you until your dying day. A loyal and competent army will fight to delay that day for as long as possible.”

“A loyal army will fight for you until your dying day. A loyal and competent army will fight to delay that day for as long as possible.”
A remark ascribed to Kaiser Wilhelm IV in 1976, following the parades in Berlin to celebrate 105 years of a united Germany. The ill-judged comment was widely considered to be in reference to the German Army's poor conduct in the Congo War, which was then moving toward it's conclusion, as well as the rather shambolic state of the parades themselves. It was seen by many as a key factor in the ultimate abolition of the German Monarchy in the 1982 Referendum by a 51-49 margin.

"In my country I am actually considered kind of a loser. Like you. But together, we could be so much more."

Last edited:
A remark ascribed to Kaiser Wilhelm IV in 1976, following the parades in Berlin to celebrate 55 years of a united Germany. The ill-judged comment was widely considered to be in reference to the German Army's poor conduct in the Congo War, which was then moving toward it's conclusion, as well as the rather shambolic state of the parades themselves. It was seen by many as a key factor in the ultimate abolition of the German Monarchy in the 1982 Referendum by a 51-49 margin.

"In my country I am actually considered kind of a loser. Like you. But together, we could be so much more."

A quote often contributed to Karl Marx, then known as Carl Max, in conversation with the escaped slave Michael Robertson, after being driven from Germany for his controversial beliefs. Although they became allies, it is unlikely Marx/Max ever said this. Their alliance would lead to the Slave Revolts of 1870, 1875, and 1885, which led to the establishment of a Marxist state for slaves in the former state of Texas, now known as Freedonia.

Tell me, do you bleed?”

A quote often contributed to Karl Marx, then known as Carl Max, in conversation with the escaped slave Michael Robertson, after being driven from Germany for his controversial beliefs. Although they became allies, it is unlikely Marx/Max ever said this. Their alliance would lead to the Slave Revolts of 1870, 1875, and 1885, which led to the establishment of a Marxist state for slaves in the former state of Texas, now known as Freedonia.

Tell me, do you bleed?”

The last words uttered by Jewish German foreign minister Walter Rathenau, before was executed by a paramilitary mob run by NSDAP leader Adolf Hitler during the German Civil War (1921-1925). His very public execution and his final words turned him into a martyr for the short-lived Weimar Republic, and a symbol of antisemitism. Said to be a paraphrase of the Shakespearean question, "Hath not a Jew eyes?"

Today, tolerance groups put the words on T-shirts.

"To say that Mr. Coughlin loves liberty is to say that the Nazis love the Jews. There is no greater perversion of freedom then to see this man in the Oval Office."

"To say that Mr. Coughlin loves liberty is to say that the Nazis love the Jews. There is no greater perversion of freedom then to see this man in the Oval Office."

Radio announcer Walter Wilcox on Charles Coughlin's 1944 campaign for Illinois Senate, and his National Union for Social Justice (long lambasted as a fascist, Antisemitic organization)'s influence on the political careers of Arkansas Senator Hattie Caraway, North Dakota politicians William Lemke and Gerald P. Nye and a number of populist Southern politicians. Coughlin would later accuse Wilcox of defamation, leading to a protracted legal conflict which would end up overshadowing Coughlin's relatively narrow loss to Republican Dwight H. Green.

"Together, we'll go all the way to India. They have prosti- they have women... they have six arms. Imagine what they can do with all these hands."

The last words uttered by Jewish German foreign minister Walter Rathenau, before was executed by a paramilitary mob run by NSDAP leader Adolf Hitler during the German Civil War (1921-1925). His very public execution and his final words turned him into a martyr for the short-lived Weimar Republic, and a symbol of antisemitism. Said to be a paraphrase of the Shakespearean question, "Hath not a Jew eyes?"

Today, tolerance groups put the words on T-shirts.

Franklin D Roosevelt at the national presidential debate in 1936. Roosevelt called his opponent's suport for antisemitic policies a danger to America. Roosevelt won the election by gathering votes from the Jewish block.

"Mr President, the Red Coats are coming!"- Theodore Roosevelt to president McKinley

"Mr President, the Red Coats are coming!"- Theodore Roosevelt to president McKinley

Vice President Theodore Roosevelt reporting on the march of British soldiers towards Philadelphia. The ensuing Battle of Philadelphia, arguably the largest confrontation of the American Front, would result in the Treaty of Antwerp and, by proxy, the independence of Deseret, annexation of Oregon into Britain and the annexation of Kentucky, Missouri and Southern Illinois by the Confederate States of America (which would be renamed the Federation of Magnolia following the events of the 1923 "Silver Revolution").

"Together, we'll go all the way to India. They have prosti- they have women... they have six arms. Imagine what they can do with all these hands."

An infamous quote done by the leader of a Khanate proposing a deal over to the Ottomans, roughly translated and showing the fetishism and orientalism both parties had. Others claim it was likely a joke.

"Southeast Asia has long been the diplomatic battlefield between the Buddhists of Bharat and the Confucians of China. The only thing they have agreed on was expelling the Christians and Muslims... as such, a new faith can fill in their place there."

A quote from the groundbreaking comedy-horror movie, " The Last Medjay ". It stars Hornakht, the idiot son of a poor Nubian family in Memphis. The movie starts off with Hornakht getting mugged by a group of teenaged boys after trying to steal a buck off them. They leave him in a pile of rubbish after a group of mysterious men dressed up in antiquated clothing appear. The men bring him back to their den where they initiate him into what Hornakht realises is a Atenist Cult hellbent on bringing about the end of the universe by summoning Apep. Hornakht though an idiot realises that he must stop them from doing so and enlists the aid of his childhood friend (who is obviously head over heels for him, even confessing his love for him multiple times) Inkhotep and his zealot of a sister Khuit to stop the cult from it's apocalyptic goals. Along the way the three have to face and overcome many challenges including an abduction by a lustful Set whom mistakes Hornakht for Horus, a wrestling match with a " Women's Dwarf Wrestling " Champion, an attempted poisoning by a Yekhudim Rebel, etc. Not including the countless pop references and the subplot which includes an Elamite Spies attempts at assassinating Hornakht after realising that he is infact the lost son of the Pharoah. The quote above though comes from the final scene where Hornakht after being crowned Prince (and also still not recognising Inkhotep's love for him) suggests that they go to India together. Inkhotep interrupts him with a kiss. Not before of course it is revealed that an invasion force of blonde blue-eyed aliens lands in the middle of Memphis.

" Heresy!!! Do you not know respect? You stand before a Living Saint! Yet you blaspheme against Allah and do not bow before his Holiness!!! Will you continue in your blasphemy or must I take action against you O Supporter of Satan's Will?!?".

"Southeast Asia has long been the diplomatic battlefield between the Buddhists of Bharat and the Confucians of China. The only thing they have agreed on was expelling the Christians and Muslims... as such, a new faith can fill in their place there."

Majapahit diplomat and military strategist Tirto Purwodarminto discussing the diplomatic situation in Southeast Asia circa 1897 and the possibility of a Hinduist insurgency in the Khmer kingdoms with the King.

" Heresy!!! Do you not know respect? You stand before a Living Saint! Yet you blaspheme against Allah and do not bow before his Holiness!!! Will you continue in your blasphemy or must I take action against you O Supporter of Satan's Will?!?".

Excerpt from Arab science-fiction horror/adventure movie Moon Set Aflame, spoken by Najjar Abdelnour, the leading scientist behind the Fleshmaker Project and the main antagonist of the movie, in response to captive rebel Farouk el-Ameen refusing to bow before the "ifrit made flesh". This scene ended up being rather controversial, as it was followed by a violent torture sequence that resulted in Farouk's death (thus prompting his friend and ally, Haleema el-Fadel, to go into a bloodthirsty rage against the Project's scientists).

"Read my lips: I will end Red France. There will be no more Jacobite terrorists, no more propaganda, no more calendars to worry about."