Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Franco Spain Claims.png

Italian_Empire_Ambitions.png

Greater_Finland.png

Everyone talks about Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan, but here's some other fascist-era territorial ambitions, including:
* Franco's Spain, which had ambitions for claiming Andorra, Roussillon, Cerdagne, and Gibraltar. Spanish Morocco and Guinea were to be expanded. Potentially, Portugal and its colonies were also to be integrated, becoming the Iberian Union.
* Fascist Italy's early ambitions of client states and dependencies in Europe along with its goals for a greater empire in Africa and the Middle East.
* Greater Finland, which would claim Kola and Karelia.

Everyone talks about Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan, but here's some other fascist-era territorial ambitions, including:
* Franco's Spain, which had ambitions for claiming Andorra, Roussillon, Cerdagne, and Gibraltar. Spanish Morocco and Guinea were to be expanded. Potentially, Portugal and its colonies were also to be integrated, becoming the Iberian Union.
* Fascist Italy's early ambitions of client states and dependencies in Europe along with its goals for a greater empire in Africa and the Middle East.
* Greater Finland, which would claim Kola and Karelia.

Someone should try combining these with the German and Japanese plans I mentioned on page 72.

Someone should try combining these with the German and Japanese plans I mentioned on page 72.

So, there's dozens of ways to mix-and-match overlapping claims. Here's the best-looking (and probably most practical) arrangement.

hipjbyrnadw21.png

From this perspective you can clearly see how much more Japan cared about the strategic relevance of the Americas. You can also easily see the slices of land that Hungary and Romania wanted. Of course, if someone made a Worlda of that other Axis victory map I showed on page 72, I'd be able to get a much more complete map. But I don't have the mapping skills to transfer some of the finer details from that map into Worlda, such as the slice of Sweden that Finland wanted.

@Christory The slice of Sweden Finland wanted? I read. An excerpt from a translated memo by Himmler telling how the Finns had declined an offer for Norwegian (and prospectively Swedish) land, but that the Finns were going to have to take it . Basically more frozen land with Sami that the Nazis didn't want to bother colonizing. On a side note, that recnatular area north of Romania is what a Felix someone, Himmler's masseur claimed was going to be used for the entire Dutch population. I feel he lied a lot, especially as he got a metal from ten Dutch for 'preventing' this.

Christory already beat me to it, but since I have these I figured I'd post them anyways.
I took a few liberties with some of the overlapping claims (especially Cameroon, which I couldn't really figure out how to split well), so this probably isn't the most practical way to resolve it.
41g8Gfm.png

y9U447o.png

This one incorporates a few of the other posts from page 72, namely the Neo Roman Empire and the split UK.
QVLL0so.png

This one uses the Latin Union from page 72. I wasn't sure how to handle Spain/Portugal/Italy's other colonies, so I just kept them.

Christory already beat me to it, but since I have these I figured I'd post them anyways.
I took a few liberties with some of the overlapping claims (especially Cameroon, which I couldn't really figure out how to split well), so this probably isn't the most practical way to resolve it.

Great job, especially with the Worlda-ified occupied UK and the cleaned-up Lebansraum

took me a while but this is what vichy france reckoned they could get out of the war

Another one to add in, I see. Page 1 also includes Hungarian/Romanian/Bulgarian/Turkish claims so I'll add those too if I can confirm their real-ness.

Also, do we have any maps of offworld claims? IIRC one of the Presidential candidates in 2012 suggested annexing the moon.

Also, do we have any maps of offworld claims? IIRC one of the Presidential candidates in 2012 suggested annexing the moon.

Newt Gingrich wanted to establish a permanent manned lunar base by 2020, and introduce legislation which would have made it a state once it reached a population of 13000.

Newt Gingrich wanted to establish a permanent manned lunar base by 2020, and introduce legislation which would have made it a state once it reached a population of 13000.
Disregarding the part about making it a U.S. state (as that could lead to some controversy), a permanent lunar base isn’t outside the realm of possibility.

View attachment 457613

took me a while but this is what vichy france reckoned they could get out of the war
I personally was thinking more along the lines of the territory of mainland France. When I was thinking of regions too joke about, I realized that almost every French regoin I know the name of would have been under German occupation or slated for annexation by Germany or Italy,

Does anyone have more information on Japanese Caribbean? It gets thrown around a lot but ive never heard any info on it.
I believe it was just something some Japanese planners or military officials wanted. They thought they could have Cuba as a colony, probably viewing it like the Ryukyus or the Phillipines. Really, it is just one of those things some expansionists wanted for not much rhythm or reason. Heck, I read that some Japanese expansionists labeled Europe and West Asia. Which would have rather expanded the implied scope of the Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere.

And if you don't mind, let me know if you are given an alert on this post. I edited your question into a post I already made, and I sometimes wonder if by doing that th eperson i respond too doesn't get alerted.

Last edited:
I believe it was just something some Japanese planners or military officials wanted. They thought they could have Cuba as a colony, probably viewing it like the Ryukyus or the Phillipines. Really, it is just one of those things some expansionists wanted for not much rhythm or reason. Heck, I read that some Japanese expansionists labeled Europe and West Asia. Which would have rather expanded the implied scope of the Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere.

I can understand taking Central America, since it would give them control of the Panama Canal, but the Caribbean definitely feels like a "Well, while we're at it" kind of claim.