So, is WW1 still hapenning anywhere?

The Union and Europa are still at war, but they have no real way to fight beyond naval engagement.

South America and Europa are still technically at war, and they need to sign a treaty so Europa official gives up on SA

England is still trying to exterminate Ireland but they are kinda alone at the moment

So I had said before that much of the Kurdish people remained within the Turkish borders, so I'll have to retcon Kurds in Iraq tonight sometime, as there wouldn't be many Kurds in Iraq. Kurdistan will still be a thing though.

Also, for those confused/unaware, King Saud of Jabal Shammar is NOT a Saudi, but a Rashidi who happened to be named Saud Rashid. My concept for Jabal Shammar is that they defeated the Saudis and also have taken Hejaz and Mecca in a war to unite the tribes. It'll get its own chapter in the 1920s when the oil market booms. The reasoning is that the Saudis only beat the Rashidis OTL due to British backing. ITTL, the Rashidis received Persian and later Europan support, thus dominating the peninsula.

Last edited:
Also what does everyone think will happen in the Middle East in the future? I think there's a lot of interesting possibilities. It might be cool to see Jabal Shammar, a forgotten state OTL, go well into the 20th century as oil and nukes become mainstream.

Also what does everyone think will happen in the Middle East in the future? I think there's a lot of interesting possibilities. It might be cool to see Jabal Shammar, a forgotten state OTL, go well into the 20th century as oil and nukes become mainstream.
So I had said before that much of the Kurdish people remained within the Turkish borders, so I'll have to retcon Kurds in Iraq tonight sometime, as there wouldn't be many Kurds in Iraq. Kurdistan will still be a thing though.

Also, for those confused/unaware, King Saud of Jabal Shammar is NOT a Saudi, but a Rashidi who happened to be named Saud Rashid. My concept for Jabal Shammar is that they defeated the Saudis and also have taken Hejaz and Mecca in a war to unite the tribes. It'll get its own chapter in the 1920s when the oil market booms. The reasoning is that the Saudis only beat the Rashidis OTL due to British backing. ITTL, the Rashidis received Persian and later Europan support, thus dominating the peninsula.
I'm envisioning a proxy war between the Turks and Jabal Shammar, with the latter supported by Europa and the former supported by CoCaro (used as a front by the RU, in order for Steele not to be seen helping Turkish inferior heretics)

SuperZtar64

Banned
I'm imagining a bunch of pointless, inconsequential BS will happen, followed by the colonization of the entire middle east by the RU/NUSA as a permanent oil extraction plant after all nonessential life is dealt with.

At least, that's my plan anyway.

The Turks and Jabal Shammar engage in proxy war as Iraq and Persia lick there wounds. I can see Jabal Shammar becoming a relatively liberal society (by WMIT standards) due to money from oil. Turkey adopts ideas similar to Ba'athism/Egypt under Nasser. Iraq becomes the older mediator between the whilst also backing the Kurds because it doesn't like the Turks. Persia reforms and undergoes some purges or falls under a Eduist Government (as a opposite to what happened in our universe). Radicals pop of both the religious and political variety to stir shit up. Europa splashes the cash whilst the Tsar shakes his fist and prepares invasion plans, the RU funds Jewish/Christian insurrection groups in the Middle East much to Europa's annoyance. The NordReich and the Dutch buy oil and sell arms but aren't staking too much in sides, focusing on Africa and Asia instead.

The idea of a reasonable stable Middle East compared to the rest of the world amuses me.

Here's what I imagine for the future:
  • The RU/NUSA backs the Republican Union of Greater Israel, and does everything it can to push Israeli expansionism on its neighbors. Level of success will vary, but I picture an Israel that is a decent bit bigger than OTL 2019. Maybe they keep the Sinai Peninsula and some other areas. Cue genocide.
  • The Kingdom of Jabal Shammar becomes something of a regional hegemon, using its oil and nukes to secure a position as a legit power. Perhaps they have a close relationship with the Europans.
  • Iraq is an unstable hellhole, and is essentially being destroyed in a four way tug of war between Israel, Kurdistan, Persia, and Jabal Shammar
  • Persia is a pissed off, messianic empire that is gearing up for a rampage against Israel and Jabal Shammar in an even more frightening rivalry than OTL's
  • Kurdistan is a crazy Eduist or nationalist state with a desire to create Greater Kurdistan
  • Turkey is a relatively sane Islamist dictatorship backed by the Germans.
Some other miscellaneous questions and thoughts:
  • How's China doing? I know Russia is occupying massive portions of it for the time being, but I don't know how sustainable that is. Any hints for the future?
  • If you want to get into really nutty conspiracy theory territory, try introducing Project Blue Beam into NUSA. IOTL, it's an alleged plot by NASA to fake the Second Coming so the NWO can subjugate humanity under a false faith. I can only imagine what TTL would make it look like.
  • Finally, I really hope TTL lasts long enough that we get a PRC-esque Social Credit system going somewhere. It's just too perfect.

WMITMap.png

Here's a tentative map of the world post-Damascus Conference.

Egypt is now under Europan direct rule, and a new Europan puppet state, the UAE, controls both Oman and Yemen. I also gave it the territory of the OTL UAE, as previous maps
showed that region as part of Persia. However, if that was incorrect, I would be happy to make the territory part of Shammar's Kingdom.

I also cleaned up the map with China, and changed the coloring of puppet states to be consistent. Now, the shading of a nation's puppets is the same as the shading of that nation's non-state territory.

View attachment 457624

Here's a tentative map of the world post-Damascus Conference.

Egypt is now under Europan direct rule, and a new Europan puppet state, the UAE, controls both Oman and Yemen. I also gave it the territory of the OTL UAE, as previous maps
showed that region as part of Persia. However, if that was incorrect, I would be happy to make the territory part of Shammar's Kingdom.

I also cleaned up the map with China, and changed the coloring of puppet states to be consistent. Now, the shading of a nation's puppets is the same as the shading of that nation's non-state territory.

I honestly don’t know if it’s a mistake or it appeared in the story but Sakhalin is Chinese republic.

At least Arabia isn't run by crazy theocrats ITTL (for now). Knowing the madness in this world, this will not last long, though.

1) I think Persia and Russia will actually decide to bury the hatchet and become allies. Sure they may have been enemies in the past but right now both countries desperately need allies against France. The fact that alliances based on religion ultimately backfiired for both Victor and Reza will probably play an important role in the formation of an eventual alliance.
I can see them supporting various rebel groups in India.
2) I can see the RU arming and training jewish terrorist groups in Palestine, causing a new wave of antisemitism both in Europe and in the Middle East. Considering Stalin's antisemitism in OTL, i can easily see him sending the jewish citizens of the RU to fight in Palestine hoping to get rid of them.
3) Egypt is probably going to be a mess: not only France has to deal with Qadir's followers, but the direct integration of Egypt as a colony will probably backfire horribly
4) Iraq is screwed. The Persians will blame the iraqis more than the Shah for losing the war so i expect an Iraq-Iran war that is actually even worse than OTL.
5) ITTL's version of Saddam Hussein will be a kurdish man with a patological hate against Turks and Iraqis.
6) Reza Pahalavi will probably lose all of his political influence and authority with the Shah for the simple fact that the war was his idea. Ironically i can see Ahmad Qujar remaining in power while Reza is forced into exile.

Last edited:
1) I think Persia and Russia will actually decide to bury the hatchet and become allies. Sure they may have been enemies in the past but right now both countries desperately need allies against France. The fact that alliances based on religion ultimately backfiired for both Victor and Reza will probably play an important role in the formation of an eventual alliance.

That would be particulary interesting for Viktor's Khan of Khans persona. Maybe by stressing the asiatic identity of Russia as the true succesor to the Mongol Empire, allying with Persia and presenting a united front against Europan Crusaders would be the Czar's new strategy.

That would be particulary interesting for Viktor's Khan of Khans persona. Maybe by stressing the asiatic identity of Russia as the true succesor to the Mongol Empire, allying with Persia and presenting a united front against Europan Crusaders would be the Czar's new strategy.
Viktor could also point out that the original Gengis Khan had no intention to invade Persia back in the 13th century and even asked for an alliance, before Muhamad II had the brillant idea of killing the mongolian ambassadors, causing the invasion of his country.

Vuu

Banned

It all ends up gobbled up by a state formed by Russia called "Afrasia" The world goes into 1984 mode, the only reason Afrasia can't roflstomp the planet being it's low population density and weak logistics

2) I can see the RU arming and training jewish terrorist groups in Palestine, causing a new wave of antisemitism both in Europe and in the Middle East. Considering Stalin's antisemitism in OTL, i can easily see him sending the jewish citizens of the RU to fight in Palestine hoping to get rid of them.
3) Egypt is probably going to be a mess: not only France has to deal with Qadir's followers, but the direct integration of Egypt as a colony will probably backfire horribly
4) Iraq is screwed. The Persians will blame the iraqis more than the Shah for losing the war so i expect an Iraq-Iran war that is actually even worse than OTL.
5) ITTL's version of Saddam Hussein will be a kurdish man with a patological hate against Turks and Iraqis.
6) Reza Pahalavi will probably lose all of his political influence and authority with the Shah for the simple fact that the war was his idea. Ironically i can see Ahmad Qujar remaining in power while Reza is forced into exile.
I don't think Viktor I will bury the hatchet, since he has personal experience hating the Persians. However, I could see Viktor "Suffering a stroke" and being replaced by his son, who has less of a personal beef and allies with them in a "Tripartite Khanate" with Qing China thrown in