Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up with South America? Something seems off for some reason.
Yeah, I realized just now that everything is off-sized, including Northern Europe and Russia. Whoopsie, much harder than I originally thought.

It seems that the Deviantartist who made it knew about it but stuck with it because the projection on this is messed up anyways.

So, I have made a Robinson adaptation of a map from the Planetocopia thread:

Here it is:
mafyijK.png

All I request is it can be patched up and remade into WORLDA with some realistic sea levels, accounting for a big Australian glacier similar to the Antarctic glacier and a melted Antarctica (search up "Green Antarctica" for reference).
Well Antarctica would be raised to some extent because of rebound from the ice, while Australia would be weighed down in this timeline. Australia is of course smaller and flatter than Antarctica, so it wouldn’t be able to support nearly as much ice (the Caribbean definitely doesn’t compare to Greenland either), so sea levels would likely be at least 30-40m higher than OTL, maybe even 50, meaning a wetter and more humid world with less desert and more forest. Also less ice means less light and therefore heat reflected back into space, so even if the atmosphere remains the same, this world may be one or two degrees hotter overall, meaning a slightly larger tropical zone. As you can see, the equator covers places like the Horn of Africa, Yemen, UAE, Iran, Central Asia and Siberia, as well as part of West Antarctica, so these would be the tropical areas, especially with the higher sea levels bringing in shallow seas. Some places would be fairly similar to otl in climate like New Zealand and South Africa. Alaska is a similar latitude to otl’s Horn, so it could be a desert land, while Greenland is a latitude ranging from northern Spain to southern Algeria/Cuba, and Italy aligns nicely with Florida. Those aren’t be be all and end all climatically of course, but they’d make a starter for climate projections, and therefore any flora, fauna or civilisations that dwell on such a world.

Last edited:
any insight into your process?
to be honest, I can't give one really. I just kept throwing stuff at the wall until something stuck. I often work off a template (which usually is Arab-Proper as marked above since it's the most vanilla figurine really. I've took to making the figurine's clothing to have a single shade of colour (with exception of gold and other gems which have unique colours), since it makes each figurine stand out and able to represent a single culture that you can refer to in the map. I might make a guide if I get to refine my process.:biggrin:

Hey guys, so I need a flag for an independent "Kingdom of Massachusetts". Heavy English roots, acquired independence from the British sometime in the 1830's. Anyone can help??

Hey guys, so I need a flag for an independent "Kingdom of Massachusetts". Heavy English roots, acquired independence from the British sometime in the 1830's. Anyone can help??

maybe something like this meant to be a banner of arms. It combines the english flag with the massachusetts emblem re-interpreted as 1-2 quarters of the kingdom's arms.

mass-royal.png

mass-royal2.png

Last edited:

Venocara

Banned
Hi. Could I please get a detailed map showing the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th meridians west with specific emphasis placed on Spain and Portugal? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Isaac Beach

Banned
Ah, hi, bit of a unique request, more asking for directions. I was wondering if there was anyone here that was Italian or spoke Italian confidently enough to Italianize a bunch of French cities for a map of mine? Any ideas?

Does anyone know where I could find a Worlda Map that has the Qattara Depression filled in with water and the proposed Congo Sea? It doesn't have to be in the same map. Two maps will do just fine.

Is algeria -> argelia a misprint?
I don't think so - according to Google translate, Argelia is Spanish for Algeria.
Thank you for your amazing help.... Would it be possible to get one with cities as well please? Thank you.
On the same site I linked to before, there's one with cities and lat/long but the lat/long grid isn't as detailed: http://haviv.org/map-of-spain-with-...-maps-map-of-spain-with-rivers-and-mountains/
It might be possible to overlay one on the other and match them to get the grid from one with the cities from the other, but that's beyond my skill level, sorry!

Venocara

Banned
I don't think so - according to Google translate, Argelia is Spanish for Algeria.

On the same site I linked to before, there's one with cities and lat/long but the lat/long grid isn't as detailed: http://haviv.org/map-of-spain-with-...-maps-map-of-spain-with-rivers-and-mountains/
It might be possible to overlay one on the other and match them to get the grid from one with the cities from the other, but that's beyond my skill level, sorry!

Thank you. I wouldn't be able to do the overlay on account of not knowing how to, but I do have a rudimentary solution....

Ah, hi, bit of a unique request, more asking for directions. I was wondering if there was anyone here that was Italian or spoke Italian confidently enough to Italianize a bunch of French cities for a map of mine? Any ideas?

if you can figure out the etymology of the french words, you might be able to find the equivalent in italian:

Neuchâtel = New Castle = Castelnovo
Saint-Étienne = Saint Stephen = Santo Stefano

Does anyone have a QBAM of Earth with sea levels at ~5-10 meters? I already have one for 100 meters, which is probably at the edge of the most extreme climate change scenarios, but I'm working on a map earlier in a timeline, and would like the sea level to be accurate.

Thanks in advance!

If possible, could I request a modifiable/paintable grey map of all nine counties of Ulster (ie, Northern Ireland + Counties Donegal, Monaghan, and Cavan), with the counties delineated? Tried searching and didn't see anything; apologies if I missed something obvious!

So, I need a map which is completely blank except for (present-day) Russia, China, Ukraine, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Finland, Lithuania Belarus, China, and Japan.

In other words, I basically need a map of those countries ISOTed to a virgin Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.