Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily for you, Don Bluth and the other animators based their designs for the film on Marc Davis' artwork for Disneyland's Enchanted Snow Palace ride (the movie, in fact, looks like Davis' concept art come to life). So, you actually can see what Elsa, at least, looks like:

2015-01-25_0247.jpg

Picture that, but some larger facial features to make it easier for her to emote, and you've got Elsa from The Snow Queen.
Personally always preferred some of the other concept designs they did for the Snow Queen, mainly because the crown she wears looks a bit too big and ridiculous, as are the icicles in the dress.

tumblr_m78agfQ5Nm1qcaxqwo5_1280.jpg

The third design to the right above is I remember correctly was adapted into Elsa's OTL outfit, with the exception of the see-through cape which they added after, and the hair change they gave Elsa.
Maybe you could have the top design be what Elsa looks like in the beginning and one of the latter 3 be Elsa at the Climax.

PNWKing

Banned
Since Fox has no Star Wars and Heaven's Gate in it's place, then who will buy 20th Century Fox? Hopefully it will be anyone but Murdoch ITTL. Specifically, it could be anything like Turner, PepsiCo, Seagram, Sony, or an investor like Robert Maxwell or even Donald Trump.

Since Fox has no Star Wars and Heaven's Gate in it's place, then who will buy 20th Century Fox? Hopefully it will be anyone but Murdoch ITTL. Specifically, it could be anything like Turner, PepsiCo, Seagram, Sony, or an investor like Robert Maxwell or even Donald Trump.
I would like Turner, he would love their library for TCM, Sony could work too(and turner got columbia instead)

My bets are on either Turner, MGM or someone else entirely. Most likely the first two considering they'd want to acquire someone now that UA is still live and kicking.

Quite a few buyers will be lining up once Heaven's Gate sinks Fox. Sony will be one of them, as will PepsiCo, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (the guys who bought United Artists IOTL), Paramount (looking to beef up their lineup for the PTS, though they may be satiated with part of Fox's library they may get from a bankruptcy auction), and Hershey, as well as a few smaller, mostly unrecognized offers.

Quite a few buyers will be lining up once Heaven's Gate sinks Fox. Sony will be one of them, as will PepsiCo, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (the guys who bought United Artists IOTL), Paramount (looking to beef up their lineup for the PTS, though they may be satiated with part of Fox's library they may get from a bankruptcy auction), and Hershey, as well as a few smaller, mostly unrecognized offers.
Hershey? I was expecting atleast some contenders, but that would be the last company I would think of owning a renowned movie studio.

Hershey? I was expecting atleast some contenders, but that would be the last company I would think of owning a renowned movie studio.
I mean, with no Busch Gardens to contend with, Hersheypark will draw in more attendees (as well as Disney making theme parks even more popular than IOTL) and become both larger and more popular, making Hershey more open to buying a movie studio. I'm not saying they'll buy Fox, but that's my reasoning behind why they may consider it and/or other studios later on down the line.

I mean, with no Busch Gardens to contend with, Hersheypark will draw in more attendees (as well as Disney making theme parks even more popular than IOTL) and become both larger and more popular, making Hershey more open to buying a movie studio. I'm not saying they'll buy Fox, but that's my reasoning behind why they may consider it and/or other studios later on down the line.
Works for me, I suppose. Hershey being part of the movie industry would an interesting idea to say the least.

I speculate that the most likely companies to buy FOX will be MGM (due to ambition), Sony (they were probably a large company at this point with lots of money) and Hershey (simply for the unique aspect of it). Also, I found something interesting on MGM's wikipedia page that said they actually tried to merge with FOX back in '71, but that never happened. If this event were true, then that gives MGM more likelihood to buy the company.

I could think of a worser owner for fox then Murdoch. Donald J Trump

I would go with pepsi or hershery. I like the idea of hollywood not becomeing oligopolic

I could think of a worser owner for fox then Murdoch. Donald J Trump
Um, whatever your stance on Trump's politics may be, you can't deny that he--a man with a net worth around three billion dollars--is a very good businessman. I don't mean to start a flamewar or anything, I'm just stating something that's pretty objective, like Steve Jobs being a good businessman.

I would go with pepsi or hershery. I like the idea of hollywood not becomeing oligopolic
I'm leaning towards MGM (because they seem the most likely) and Hershey (because I like that idea so much) myself.

Um, whatever your stance on Trump's politics may be, you can't deny that he--a man with a net worth around three billion dollars--is a very good businessman. I don't mean to start a flamewar or anything, I'm just stating something that's pretty objective, like Steve Jobs being a good businessman.

I'm leaning towards MGM (because they seem the most likely) and Hershey (because I like that idea so much) myself.

Please go with hershey

Trump is good with real easate and not many other types of business. Trump went to show bossiness in American while he did produce some good flims like the usual suspects and good will hunting he also produce crap like soul plane and an utterly tasteless dub of princess monykoe.

Last edited:
I recommend we do not turn this into a political/economic argument, please. I do not want to see a good timeline like this turn into such a flamewar.

Please go with hershey

Trump is good with real easate and not many other types of business. Trump went to show bossiness in American while he did produce some good flims like the usual suspects and good will hunting he also produce crap like soul plane and an utterly tasteless dub of princess monykoe.

I think you're mixing up American Magic with real life. None of that happened in real life.

You know, here’s something I just thought of. If Astro Boy becomes one of the first huge anime shows to air in the United States, will that mean that another robot boy from Japan will receive an even warmer welcome than OTL? Mega Man being an even bigger smash hit would be interesting to see...assuming it still exists, of course.

Pepsi buying Fox is amusing to me if, for no other reason, than it'd mean they could continue the Cola Wars by other means if Coke still nabs Columbia ITTL. In all seriousness, I'd expect MGM to make a major play for Fox given the aforementioned attempted buyout in '71 already.

Status
Not open for further replies.