Imperator: Rome

We now Know the Release Date for this Game ~ 25 April 2019. I will also be having a look at the latest Total War Game [Three Kingdoms] beforehand so it may be a while before I finally buy this...hail, Seizure! Oops, I mean Caesar!

If there were a Imperator: Rome - Crusader Kings II - Europa Universalis IV - Victoria II - Hearts of Iron IV Converter, then my Life would truly be complete.

Better address the gap between the end of IR and Charlemagne DLC first, wouldn't make sense to skip the Germanic Migrations and the Crisis of the Third Century now would it?

Better address the gap between the end of IR and Charlemagne DLC first, wouldn't make sense to skip the Germanic Migrations and the Crisis of the Third Century now would it?

The former could partly be modeled with the When the World Stopped Making Sense mod for CK2, which has a 476 start date

The former could partly be modeled with the When the World Stopped Making Sense mod for CK2, which has a 476 start date

Still, there's the 500 years that cover the Dominate and Principate periods of Rome. Might need more mechanics than what we currently have to make a playthrough more engaging.

Has anybody got a Map of the British Isles and the Middle East? I am curious to see just how far the Map of Imperator extends.

The most vital improvement for PURR ~ adox to take into consideration is the lack of Kittens in this Game!!! ;)

What's everyone's plans for their first game of Imperator? I'm debating whether or not to play the cliche Rome or play someone who I haven't alrady watched gameplay for.

Maurya, Macedon, or Possibly a Celtic Tribal culture [I'm partly of ethnic Irish Ancestry on my Mother's side, thanks due to the Potato Famine.]

You'd own most of the planet by the end of CK2. Would be boring.

I don't think so ~ it would provide me with interesting Alternate History ideas for my new scenarios.

Zillian

Gone Fishin'
Has anybody got a Map of the British Isles and the Middle East? I am curious to see just how far the Map of Imperator extends.

The Map of Imperator is based on Ptolemy's world map

PtolemyWorldMap.jpg

There is the ingame map of Imperator

OdSMbUXjDNsVafIstL-5gQE93gPdnNfRqb8-ZGaKVOQ.png

@Zillian basically yeah, except with real proportions. i could see someone making a mod where the map is actually ptolemy's map but It might break the balance of the game.

I wonder how long before the Modding Community turns its attention to this game, bearing in mind it was designed with the modding community in mind.

In my Alternate History Timeline, the Western Roman Empire survives up until 1860, and I am trying to think up some Names for the Caesars.

Is Imperator: Rome more similar to Europa Universalis: Rome or Crusader Kings II in terms of character management?

This weeks dev diary is out and it is talking about the major changes 1.1 is bringing to naval warfare and how each country's omens might be slightly different. Serapis will finally be able to provide for the people of Egypt! :p Also yesterday was a design chat that Johan did on the forums. Which gives us an insight into PDX and the future of Imperator. :)

I have already found a couple of Mods I like the look of: one pushes the start date back to the Founding of Rome, and the other pushes the date back even further to 2115 BC which in terms of British History is still Pre ~ History for us. I'm glad the Maurya are Playable It's a pity nobody in Paradox considered how much cooler Imperator would be if they added China to the Map as a Playable Region.

Soon I will be doing a couple of Games on Observer Mode where all I will have to do is relax and watch the weirdness commence!