Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UH BOI.png

Uh oh

EDIT: When I put that as vice president, he was succeeded by Al Gore, well, I meant George McGovern

Last edited:
Within hours of becoming Prime Minister, John Major is presented with Conservative Party private polling showing a lead of around fifteen points for his party in a hypothetical snap general election, which would likely either equal or exceed Mrs. Thatcher's 1987 majority of 102 seats. This convinced him that it would be worthwhile to go for broke, and he soon contacted Her Majesty with a request to dissolve Parliament.

Then it all goes to shit. Major unwisely agrees to the first-ever televised debate, a one-on-one with Neil Kinnock. Kinnock comes across as statesmen-like and Major seems inexperienced and ill-at-ease. Furthermore, a subtle dissatisfaction emerges amongst the electorate over the course of the (very short) campaign at having to vote so soon before Christmas Day, and Major makes several gaffes to boot, such as tripping over his infamous 'soap box' at a public meeting. By election day, the Tories' own private polling suggests a majority of only 20-30 seats, with one or two public polls pointing towards a majority of no more than ten seats. As it turned out, it would be even worse than that for the 'natural party of government':

1990 election.jpg

The band is back together! And older than ever
2000alternateUSelection.jpg

This is the continuation of my other post from
the Oliver-se
(get it, like Universe but Oliver-se!? So funny. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha this timeline is very scary)

Long Overdue
(I: The Kingfish Swims Upriver)

DNkHj7L.png

FDR gets felled by Zangara's bullet, leaving the New Deal dead in the water. Perfect conditions for Long and his 'every man a king' idea to flourish.

A little infobox for my TL, showing what happens to Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.png

Solzhenitsyn was one of many soldiers part of the Red Army that took part in the later operations of the Pacific War or "War in the East" as it is known in modern Soviet history. In the invasion of Japanese Korea, Solzhenitsyn was involved in the Siege of Wŏnsan as part of a Field Artillery team. Like most Red Army soldiers, Solzhenitsyn took part in heavy fighting in the Korean peninsula, his time in the artillery was rough, like others before & after him, as his team was involved in counter-battery fire operations. While his team saw success in other operations in northern Korea before, in late 1944, Solzhenitsyn & his team were unlucky targets of a Japanese counter-battery attack themselves. All of his team were killed instantly, including Solzhenitsyn himself. And with his death, Solzhenitsyn was just another Red Army soldier killed in some "war in the east". In a stroke of bad luck for him, the war would end just 3 months later, with a Soviet & US victory over the Empire of Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.