Witch0Winter's Artwork

Hello, everyone! I'm back from Massachusetts in full aaaand back from visiting Denver to look for a future place to live, so I am going to be back onto maps and stuff! I wanted to give you all a preview since some may remember the bit about the "Jeffersonian America vs Hamiltonian America" a bit ago. Well, as I noted back then, it would require a lot of time and research to do it and, well, it has taken a lot of time and I'm still working on it all, but things do move forward on the first map for it, and I want to get out a few maps for it before it's presented as a TL in which I coalesce all the other projects I have solely into this project so I can actually get something out besides this thread. So yeah, enjoy that, and also put in some pictures of Colorado I promised a couple people. :) Preview isn't much yet, but want to give an idea of what the future map is going to be like, when I get to more work on it with some QGIS and maybe a little Python work.

FA5LXbr.png

eYGK3gcl.png

DtXlh9MVAAAcn79.jpg:small

Hello, everyone! I'm back from Massachusetts in full aaaand back from visiting Denver to look for a future place to live, so I am going to be back onto maps and stuff! I wanted to give you all a preview since some may remember the bit about the "Jeffersonian America vs Hamiltonian America" a bit ago. Well, as I noted back then, it would require a lot of time and research to do it and, well, it has taken a lot of time and I'm still working on it all, but things do move forward on the first map for it, and I want to get out a few maps for it before it's presented as a TL in which I coalesce all the other projects I have solely into this project so I can actually get something out besides this thread. So yeah, enjoy that, and also put in some pictures of Colorado I promised a couple people. :) Preview isn't much yet, but want to give an idea of what the future map is going to be like, when I get to more work on it with some QGIS and maybe a little Python work.

FA5LXbr.png

Nice!

Okay, well, that turned out to be longer than I thought, and still ongoing with the AH map part as making an AH map in a totally new way and new program is hard. But I do have some progress with an OTL map that should give an idea of what I'm cooking up and give something nice to look at, I hope. Here is the 2018 House of Representatives elections in the United States in my new map format. Done using QGIS with Natural Earth Data, National Map, and USGS data. PNG is over here because it's a very large file.

P3jh9cw.jpg

Decided I would post this here to actually fill up this thread more since I've been slow to post things here and didn't want to seem like I haven't been doing things. Still working on things! :coldsweat:

It's the economy, stupid, and a giant sucking sound: Here is the 1992 Presidential Election map from yours truly. A momentous election that tested the strength of the two party system against insurgent third party candidate Ross Perot, it ultimately led to the victory of New Democrat Bill Clinton and a new age of politics that persists to this day.

PNG 1 | 2

xIPM8dP.jpg

7eI6CSk.jpg

I'm a fan of your old Heart of Dixie timeline. I just wanted to check in and say that it's good to see you still posting your work here.
Thank you kindly. :) I am busy with work a lot but try to keep doing maps and planning out a TL as much as I can, even if it's a little slow in coming. Glad you're still around!