April 1942 Alternate Indian Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwampTiger

Banned
The issue is the cook. Alligator around here is fine if cooked correctly. We have sausage, nuggets, po-boys(heros/hoagies), sauce piquant and a variety of dishes based on the chef's imagination.

Driftless

Donor
The issue is the cook. Alligator around here is fine if cooked correctly. We have sausage, nuggets, po-boys(heros/hoagies), sauce piquant and a variety of dishes based on the chef's imagination.

That makes sense. The three times I've tried it have either been at a fair, a festival, and a sports bar where it was a "one-off" promo. I wouldn't bet the farm on the competency of the cooks in any of those situations.

SwampTiger

Banned
Jazz Fest started in New Orleans today. Several of the food booths will be offering alligator dishes. I can bet they will taste good. The Fest has a corps of silent tasters wandering the grounds to ensure quality. The booths are run by local restaurants.

Jazz Fest started in New Orleans today. Several of the food booths will be offering alligator dishes. I can bet they will taste good. The Fest has a corps of silent tasters wandering the grounds to ensure quality. The booths are run by local restaurants.

not only the Rolling Stones cancelled due to illness, but their replacement act Fleetwood Mac....

I haven't been since Stevie Wonder in 1973....and one of these days I have to go so I can get some Crawfish Monica

There is a restaurant in Tampa that has alligator sausage with linguini and marinara sauce, it's pretty good and I had blackened alligator steak at a restaurant at Disney World and that was good too.

Breaded alligator nuggets are nothing special, way too much breading.

There is a restaurant in Tampa that has alligator sausage with linguini and marinara sauce, it's pretty good and I had blackened alligator steak at a restaurant at Disney World and that was good too.

Breaded alligator nuggets are nothing special, way too much breading.

I've had crocodile twice, once in Melbourne and the second in time on the Ghan tavelling to Alice Springs (when that was as far as it went.). Both tasted remarkably like chicken. I think it tastes a lot like what ever it is fed.

I've had crocodile twice, once in Melbourne and the second in time on the Ghan tavelling to Alice Springs (when that was as far as it went.). Both tasted remarkably like chicken. I think it tastes a lot like what ever it is fed.
I've only had crocodile tail, in Malawi. It tasted gamier than chicken, probably more like venison or rabbit.

Might just be the diet of crocodiles there is more wildlife than fowl?

I've only had crocodile tail, in Malawi. It tasted gamier than chicken, probably more like venison or rabbit.

Heh. The one time I was in Malawi (connecting on my way to Zimbabwe, where my brother was at the time), the chicken they served tasted like fish....

upload_2019-4-26_17-5-0.png

2000 Hours, 8 December 1942, Ramree Island, Burma – It was something of a rush job given how little time they had in Akyab to load additional supplies but with bad weather on the way speed was off the essence. Landing craft from the destroyer transport USS Waters and the commando carrier HMS Albatross were lightering supplies and light equipment ashore, including a radar set and two small bulldozers while small boats from the destroyer HMS Javelin and the light cruiser HMS Capetown did the same. With the seas getting choppy and clouds rolling in, the small task force was underway for Chittagong by 0200 hours on 9 December.

I went to Malawi for a wedding in Blantyre, didn't eat any crocodile tail there only had it in Zimbabwe at Victoria Falls. We did eat at a very good Indian restaurantin Blantyre, almost Brick Lane standard and then went onto a nightclub which had a braai stand at the side of the dance floor that you could buy meat at the bar to cook on it. The mind boggles at the Health and Safety implications.

I’m a Saints fan....Drew Brees of course .... :)

Then again ther could be an SS Odell and a SS Jarvis....I’m excited to see them on the same team again...

Adding on to Zheng’s clarification Odell Beckham, Jr and Jarvis Landry were recently brought back together again by the Cleveland Browns....they played together at Louisiana State University...

Baker has some good targets to throw at!!!!!!!

OBJ, Jarvis Landry, and now Greedy Williams, we've got a LSU thing going on in Cleveland...

Status
Not open for further replies.