WIP Map Thread

I'm this close to completing another map. I added text, as well as more Lesser Wilayats

ISIS_Claims.png

'Ho boy.

ZEp4CXR.png
restarting my anachronistic ancient era map from scratch. the basic concept is that no culture who made it into the history books gets assimilated. but that doesnt affect what later cultures appear to fill in the map, ie they will be the same as otl. as if places remain sorta static after someone has written about its geography in enough detail to map. also maybe space stuff

Terrorism is a big thing in this world, with terror attacks happening constantly to the point of complete desensitization and numbness. Imagine a 9/11-esque event occurring every 2-5 years. Islam is seen in this world as a dangerous ideology, similar to Nazism, and not as a religion.
I think you mean Islamism, not Islam itself, there's a difference; and knowing how Communism went and the reactions to them in the 20th century, I hate to see what kind of nutty ideologies would emerge to combat another nutty ideology, Islamism in this case.

Deleted member 108228

I think you mean Islamism, not Islam itself, there's a difference.

I sometimes get these confused, there is a difference between a massive religion and an ideology after all

And knowing how Communism went and the reactions to them in the 20th century, I hate to see what kind of nutty ideologies would emerge to combat another nutty ideology, Islamism in this case.

Yeah, there would definitely be an upsurge in what I believe would be an ultranationalist, racist, fundamentalist version of Christianity maybe something called "Christocism". It would be incredibly nationalist, mixed with a pan-Christian worldview of 'us vs. them', as well as a unhealthy dose of Islamophobia.

Europe is pretty much a battleground between the Islamic State and the European Christocist states, while America is dealing with a homegrown Protestant Chrisotcist movement, courtesy of the Evangelicals. China is trying to crush both movements, leading to crackdowns in Xinjiang and Henan.

Overall this world is more religious in a bad way. Terror attacks are constant on both sides, fundamentalism becoming the norm in more and more countries, and nuclear war becoming more and more imminent. This world is a dystopia in most parts of the world, while it is morally grey in some regions.

Finished Westeros (besides the lands of always winter possibly) and started Essos.
EDIT: Almost done, just need the Far East rivers and the northeast (Thousand Isles, Mossovy, etc.)
gotworld.png

Last edited:
upload_2019-4-26_14-46-48.png

The Belgo-Dutch War, shortly before the involvement of France. This war, coupled with the Third Balkan War, paved the way to WW3, and The War.

EDIT: I think I'm going to actually type something up for this one (the horror!) So I figure I'll post this here, since it's still a WIP.
upload_2019-4-26_15-48-0.png

Last edited:

Isaac Beach

Banned
Messy WIP about Earth in the year 3000, with a bunch of fun notes around the edge so I don't forget all my ideas. Still need to make some further notes: fill the Bohai Sea for another billion Chinese, mess around with South America (Amazon's well and truly extinct by that year, replaced with rolling plains), etc.

2 metre rise Mattystereo.png