SuperZtar64

Banned
So I was helping clean out my dad's ancient storage unit and found his notebooks he filled in the 70s with Eschatology and other bizarre outdated stuff. Another one I found is called "Satanology." My favorite thing I found was a book my dad filled with stuff about Israel and the End of Days. You know what that means!
you MUST send pictures. I'm a sucker for eschatology.

Should we open a WMIT discord?

That could be interesting!

Also, go nuts guys! I created a SIN template! I personally utilize Ribbet.com for adding all my text and whatnot. Super easy and free.

40727152323_12dc82826b_o.jpg

40727153503_5733431f2a_c.jpg

EDIT: Did a roached out version too. Fun stuff.

billsmith2.jpg

Last edited:
Oh and I was going to include "Occupation" on the SIN booklet but I realized that would be overwhelming to have to update everyone's SIN every time they switched jobs, so I think the Union will eventually go for having some sort of Work Visa, issued by whatever company you work for. The company issues you basically a card with your info on it and job description and you would then have to take it to a nearby government building yourself to have it stamped by whatever office is in charge of workforce affairs (Public Works?). Then you can place it inside your SIN booklet and you're ready for anything life throws at you, be it a minor traffic accident or your friendly neighborhood ORRA man suspecting you of Infee blood. It's mindless paperwork and total control, and it screams Stalinist totalitarianism. It's literally "Papers Please" but in 1920s America. lol I'm sure they'll also add a stamp at some point that lists them as "Autocarriage Certified," to act as a driver's license.

EDIT: In my "Ranks of Government, Party, and Church" update, I mentioned the chiefs of the Office of Labor, a sub-department of Public Works, so I'm sure they'd handle the certification of workforce IDs, among other things. I also described an Inspector General of Highways and Infrastructure, so his stamp would likely certify driving certification.

Geez, I'm actually creating a ludicrous totalitarian bureaucracy that seems pretty legit. I don't think I left any stone uncovered with that comprehensive list of ranks and offices. The more you think about them, the more you can kind of see what they'd be doing in relation to each other and tacking on as much paperwork as possible. My 6 years in retail (mostly management) have shown me how soul-sucking mindless stacks of paperwork and useless redundant approval codes and stamps and whatnot are, so it truly is torturous to imagine what the Union could come up with in that area.

"FIRST YOU SCAN THE DOORTAG AND WRITE IT DOWN IN THE DTID BOOKLET MOUNTED ON THE WALL. A LITTLE RECEIPT WILL PRINT OUT OF THE HANDHELD YOU SIGNED OUT. THEN YOU'LL TAKE THE DTID NUMBER AND ENTER IT INTO THE FOURTH WINDOW OF THE HALLWAY TERMINAL'S DTID2000 PROGRAM, BUT DON'T USE THE ONE ON THE LEFT BECAUSE THAT HASN'T WORKED IN EIGHT YEARS. A YELLOW SLIP WILL PRINT OUT. ALWAYS CHECK INK LEVELS. NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE YOU CAN'T REPRINT IT. THEN YOU TAKE THE YELLOW SLIP AND STAPLE IT TO THE WHITE SHEET THAT IS NEAR THE COMPUTER BUT CAN SOMETIMES BE IN OTHER PLACES. THEN YOU GO BACK TO THE DOOR AND CLOSE IT AND PUT THE DOORTAG ON, UNLESS IT IS A DELIVERY DAY AND THEN YOU'LL NEED TO REPEAT THIS PROCESS ON THE DTID2000 PROGRAM BUT THIS TIME ENTER IT INTO THE DELIVERY DAY MODULE. GOT IT?"

-retail

Last edited:
taurho.jpg
10283171343_5c3ef1c613_b.jpg

Rediscovered a couple great posters from 1.0 Madness. Both are still perfectly usable. I need to bring back Tau-Rho. It could serve as the precursor to the Women's Action Corps. Also, is that a SIN booklet that gentleman is holding in the Report Enemy Lies poster? ;)

45088090711_8e27b16e14.jpg

I need to edit out the Baltimore bit since things have gone differently this time around, but looking forward to WAC as well.

Attachments

• 10283171343_5c3ef1c613_b.jpg
    10283171343_5c3ef1c613_b.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 182

Schnozzberry

Gone Fishin'
"FIRST YOU SCAN THE DOORTAG AND WRITE IT DOWN IN THE DTID BOOKLET MOUNTED ON THE WALL. A LITTLE RECEIPT WILL PRINT OUT OF THE HANDHELD YOU SIGNED OUT. THEN YOU'LL TAKE THE DTID NUMBER AND ENTER IT INTO THE FOURTH WINDOW OF THE HALLWAY TERMINAL'S DTID2000 PROGRAM, BUT DON'T USE THE ONE ON THE LEFT BECAUSE THAT HASN'T WORKED IN EIGHT YEARS. A YELLOW SLIP WILL PRINT OUT. ALWAYS CHECK INK LEVELS. NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE YOU CAN'T REPRINT IT. THEN YOU TAKE THE YELLOW SLIP AND STAPLE IT TO THE WHITE SHEET THAT IS NEAR THE COMPUTER BUT CAN SOMETIMES BE IN OTHER PLACES. THEN YOU GO BACK TO THE DOOR AND CLOSE IT AND PUT THE DOORTAG ON, UNLESS IT IS A DELIVERY DAY AND THEN YOU'LL NEED TO REPEAT THIS PROCESS ON THE DTID2000 PROGRAM BUT THIS TIME ENTER IT INTO THE DELIVERY DAY MODULE. GOT IT?"

-retail

I don't get it, how is this supposed to be dystopian? This is less bureaucratic than the paperwork I have to process at my job!

I don't get it, how is this supposed to be dystopian? This is less bureaucratic than the paperwork I have to process at my job!

Point proven. Lol I love how a guy purposely trying to describe a paperwork nightmare can't even compare to the stuff governments and businesses actually use. I mean I was just being goofy and wasn't trying too hard, but that's still pretty bad. Lol

Schnozzberry

Gone Fishin'
Point proven. Lol I love how a guy purposely trying to describe a paperwork nightmare can't even compare to the stuff governments and businesses actually use. I mean I was just being goofy and wasn't trying too hard, but that's still pretty bad. Lol

I figured it was a joking version of it, but man if it doesn't sting that the mocking imitation of bureaucracy feels better than what I have to work with. That's probably the worst part about any attempt to portray a dystopian bureaucracy, half the time normal life outdoes it.

I mean, at least to some degree, a lot of the things you mentioned actually do exist in some form or another IOTL. SIN is akin to the SSN system, Work Visas seem like they would be a sort of merger of a work ID and Proof of Citizenship, drivers stamp and drivers licences, etc. I might just be reading too much into it or too tired to fully understand it, but in some ways it seems like the system seems overly bureaucratic because it's different from the bureaucracy we'd be used to from OTL more so than the actual dystopian elements that were added.

SuperZtar64

Banned
Eventually, Carolina is going to be (and already is) becoming more and more like the RU. I wouldn't be surprised if no one realized the RU annexed Carolina until two weeks later, when some random guy looks at the capital building and sees the RU flag instead of Carolina.

"Hey, when did that get there?"

Eventually, Carolina is going to be (and already is) becoming more and more like the RU. I wouldn't be surprised if no one realized the RU annexed Carolina until two weeks later, when some random guy looks at the capital building and sees the RU flag instead of Carolina.

"Hey, when did that get there?"

I see it going more of a Canada-US route. Very similar, but Canada (Carolina) is the more liberal nation that is less powerful. Also, a large part of Carolinian identity will be predicated on them not being Yankees (no matter how similar they actually are). Never underestimate Carolinian stubbornness and pride. At the risk of indulging in said stubborn pride myself, NC didn't earn the name "Tar Heel State" during the Civil War for nothing.

Honestly, Carolina is a combination of Fascist Italy and Yugoslavia. Which I find hilariously entertaining.

"WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WANT, I SWEAR! WE DON'T YOU GUYS!"

*bungles invasion*

"AMERICA PLZ HELP ME."

Hey now, we've been doing alright for ourselves with Hispaniola and the like.... and any failures are obviously due to the vast numbers of the enemy, not any fault on our part! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to coordinate with my Yankee handler ORRA contact!

Honestly, Carolina is a combination of Fascist Italy and Yugoslavia. Which I find hilariously entertaining.

"WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WANT, I SWEAR! WE DON'T NEED YOU GUYS!"

*bungles invasion*

"AMERICA PLZ HELP ME."

*America sighs before sending "Volunteer" Battalions*

Yessss. Great job! I love it.
Would the remaining Inferiors also still be using the identification? I’d imagine yes, but I’m also not sure if the union would bother identifying them.

Would the remaining Inferiors also still be using the identification? I’d imagine yes, but I’m also not sure if the union would bother identifying them.

Oh yes, the remaining Inferiors will be heavily surveyed by the government and watched like hawks. They will still be used for building bridges, clearly rubble, building roads, scrap metalling, etc. But they will be complete morlocks compared to the Betters by this point. I imagine they might even refuse to breed anymore children, leading to the Union forcing them to procreate just enough to keep the needed manpower levels acceptable. Those who become too weak or old to work are likely sent to the gulags, er, I mean Rehabilitation Resorts.

Did you've Oswald one? or steele one?

I want to make an Oswald and Steele one for sure. I'm holding off on Oswald until I decide how he enters the Betters of Society (in 1.0 he took the first name of one of his favorite baseball players and affixed it to the last name of another). I will for sure make a Steele one but that'll be pretty elaborate and have a bunch of fancy seals on it.