The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

Very interesting chapter @Sorairo - it seems the post war period in Europe is going to be dominated by fascism and nationalists vs communists but without the Iron Curtain to keep the conflicts hidden and contained.

While I don’t want to see a fascist world here, Go Poland! Go Czechoslovakia! I also hope Tito is able to show his nationalist colours over his communist ones as he seemed a decent leader.

God in Heaven. Finland, Slovakia, Hokkaido ... what have the godless commies done to you?

Come on Poland, you can make it!

Awesome update as always Sorairo!!!

The situation in Serbia in a nutshell:

2zbjb7.jpg

Dolan

Banned
i guess this alternate Serbia would have... umm... a certain song of...

REMOVE PASTA
by Josef Broz Tito

The lyrics also filled with words like Karl Marx alive in Serbia...

Honestly I do not think they will invade Serbia. I think the war referenced is the fall of Nedic.

The big boom will be Stalin using this 'victory' to move against the Poles.

The big boom will be Stalin using this 'victory' to move against the Poles.

Yep, that will end well for everybody, while the Polish will be defeated it will cost the red army men and resources and frankly i also expect some level of insurgency for the years to come and also the situation in the soon former Republic of Czechslovakia will go hot, even if in this case maybe it will 'merely' a 'consensual' separation and th Czech will be allowed to at least having a status similar to Hungary and Romania.

Thurmond and co. had created their 'Freedom Party' (well, it's good to know that we are on the same level of hypocrisy of the People Democratic Republic), oh well at least the Democrats had cut themselfs from the racist bastard, sure i expect them to rule the South for long time but unless something of nasty and big happen to the USA their political influence at national level will be lesser; honestly i expect violence to rise and last for long as reaction to the 'Federal' intrusion in 'state affair'...trans: daring to ask the white people to treat the african-american as human being.

Serbia...a red island in a sea of black

More on a sea of grey as the Roman Alliance for political reason need to be more...acceptable in the world stage, so it need to avoid being so totalitarian ITTL (taking in consideration that Benny had never the same amount of power of Hitler and Stalin) due to the Anglo-French pressure and the need of avoid being cut from the world market due to the menace of Stalin.
Not that will be all rainbow and sunshine, but at least much better than on the communist side or the american south if you don't have the right color of skin.

The Rats

The Dark Decade: America in the 40s by Wendy Walters

Despite being locked in the middle of passing the GI Bill, which would eventually get through and prove a great boon to helping servicemen find jobs and security, Wallace was forced to spend precious time and political capital trying to rebuild his cabinet after the fallout of the Guru Letters. Practically the only person who didn’t voice criticism to Wallace over the affair was Truman and only because, in Truman’s words ‘we needed someone to replace Wallace and I was scared Wallace would handpick him.’ Firstly, some of the roles would be outright abolished, notably ‘Secretary of War’, which became the first ‘Secretary of Defence’ role in the United States. This would be presided over by Robert Patterson, who had become well known for his encouraging more participation from Black American soldiers in the War. Others would keep their jobs, such as Henry Morgenthau as Treasury Secretary, whom Wallace liked owing to their mutual, unflinching hatred of Fascism. Harry Dexter White was appointed as Morgenthau’s Deputy owing to their close relationship.

The most notable appointment came as a result of outrage by Secretary of State Edward Stettinius Jr. He was angry over the Guru Letters and Wallace didn’t trust a businessman running things in the highest reaches of the White House. Other names were thrown around, but one name was lobbied fairly aggressively. He had done a lot of great work with the United Nations, helping set up the charter and was well-liked internationally. He was considered a good candidate by everyone who heard Wallace’s reasoning. Thus, it was decided: Alger Hiss would be the next Secretary of State.

So ALES is Secretary of State and JURIST is deputy Secretary of the Treasury. And apparently CROOK is a top presidential advisor (has he been reactivated, greed or no greed?). Who are they going to get in next, Noel Field? Will Wallace, proudly boasting that only the young understand the new science, make MLAD Science Advisor to the President?

I feared that Serbia will become European North Korea: electric boogaloo ediction. The fascists hesitated too much.

This would lead however to a very interesting TTL Tito: a Croatian ruling a Serbian country... Heh, I wouldn't be surprised he would later claim to be born in Serbia.

Consequently, Serbia and Italy will be at odds for decades if not more...

And well, the Democratic Party will sunk at the next elections. But at least it got rid of the southern segretiationists so not all is bad. At least I will give the first kudos to Wallace, for trying advancing in late 1940's civil rights in the US.

So ALES is Secretary of State and JURIST is deputy Secretary of the Treasury. And apparently CROOK is a top presidential advisor (has he been reactivated, greed or no greed?). Who are they going to get in next, Noel Field? Will Wallace, proudly boasting that only the young understand the new science, make MLAD Science Advisor to the President?

Dickstein is nowhere near power, although Wallace suspects a frame-up. Hiss is, however, technically the second most powerful man in America as Truman can do nothing.

Dickstein is nowhere near power, although Wallace suspects a frame-up. Hiss is, however, technically the second most powerful man in America as Truman can do nothing.

Well is not the vice-presidency was so important at the time... besides I think the current presidential succession wasn't adjourned yet.