Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Mars flag for Overheaven.

View attachment 454454

This is the flag of the Republic of Cydonia, a polity on a post-terraforming Mars, inhabited mostly by the Barsu people - humans who believe they possess the souls of dead aliens, who totally had a civilization on Mars millions of years ago. They’re a kooky bunch, but mostly harmless. They’ve “restored” the pyramids and ruins long-reputed (by conspiracy theorists) to be in Mars’ famous Cydonia region, as well as made the “Face on Mars” a reality; it's one of the more famous tourist destinations on Mars in the 23rd century, along with the weird Edgar Rice Boroughs stuff the Barsu insist upon in their society.

Anyway.

The central symbol on the flag of Cydonia was originally seen by the prophetess Aelita in her many “spirit visions” and is known as the Zashra. The Zashra means “renewal” and “reincarnation” and was adopted by the Barsu movement very early on in the 2020’s, among Aelita’s earliest online fans. (OOC: this symbol was allegedly seen by police officer Lonnie Zamora, on the hatch of a UFO that landed near Socorro, New Mexico in 1964).

The green-red-green stripes represent the three eras of Martian history according to pseudoscientific Barsu historiography. The first green stripe represents Ancient Mars; the red stripe stands for the “Barren Period” of the Red Planet; and the second green stripe represents the current era of human life and terraforming on Mars. The central red disk represents Mars itself, the eternal red planet, always renewed and revitalized.

The text on the flag says “BARSTEH VA TSUCHA”, meaning “Mars eternal” in Barsun (a conlang invented by Aeilita). The slogan is presented backwards and forwards, and in black and white, to represent the universality of this statement. (OOC: the text is based off of the “Martian alphabet” derived from the alleged automatic writings of Hélène Smith, a late 19th century French psychic medium).
do the residents genetically modify them selfs to look like red or green Martians?

A tribute to @timmy_khagann, who had designed a personal flag for me, which I've turned to make for an upcoming TL of mine, Gaulish Brennusia. While the original flag represents the overall empire, these ones are more specific.

1: The War Banner adorned in all military ceremonies and other ceremonies where the military participates.
3RuOqqc - Copy.png

2: The Imperial Viceroyalty Banner that adorns the government buildings, castles, and residences of the various duchies, principalities, and kingdoms in the Empire that are not of the Imperial Federate.
3RuOqqc - Copy (2) - Copy.png

3: The Native Brennusian Confederated Tribes flag where all Native Brennusians (Native Americans) use when they conjoin.
3RuOqqc - Copy (2).png

#4 of my flags. The Emperor's Banner, which adorns all vehicles he/she travels in, his/her palaces, and executive buildings of the government. You know he is absolute when the raccoon has an axe.
3RuOqqc - Copy (3).png

#4 of my flags. The Emperor's Banner, which adorns all vehicles he/she travels in, his/her palaces, and executive buildings of the government. You know he is absolute when the raccoon has an axe.
View attachment 454800
Nice but I can't see how it came to be. Most Imperial/Royal/etc Banners are banners of arms or based on them and there seems to be a few steps missing to produce that flag.

Nice but I can't see how it came to be. Most Imperial/Royal/etc Banners are banners of arms or based on them and there seems to be a few steps missing to produce that flag.
These are more or less modernized flags as a result of a new constitution in the 1990s. They are meant to be simplified.

These are more or less modernized flags as a result of a new constitution in the 1990s. They are meant to be simplified.
Which are unlikely to apply to a monarch's banner. That's my point. Look at all those of modern day monarchs.
Perhaps it would help if you show me the progression of the Imperial Banner through time and why.

Another Mars flag for Overheaven.

This is the flag of the Republic of Cydonia, a polity on a post-terraforming Mars, inhabited mostly by the Barsu people - humans who believe they possess the souls of dead aliens, who totally had a civilization on Mars millions of years ago. They’re a kooky bunch, but mostly harmless. They’ve “restored” the pyramids and ruins long-reputed (by conspiracy theorists) to be in Mars’ famous Cydonia region, as well as made the “Face on Mars” a reality; it's one of the more famous tourist destinations on Mars in the 23rd century, along with the weird Edgar Rice Boroughs stuff the Barsu insist upon in their society.

That's a great-looking flag and an awesome idea for a future space colony.

02330547-612D-4184-A388-CD696673A681.png

Flag of the Zentrumpakt, an alliance of Conservative European nations (Germany, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria and Italy) in an alternate 1950s.

Flag uses the triple cross to represent:

- The binding together of the nations
- Reflection of fasces
- The framework that Europe’s Future is built on
- Triple Cross also known as Archangel Michael cross. In Christian scripture Archangel Michael once diverted the flow of water away from the church in the same way the ZP will divert the flow of Bolshevism away from Europe
- red and white based on the most popular colours of members flags.

Flag doesn’t replace individual national flags, but used similarly to the NATO flag.

My first flag and made on an iPhone - so please do forgive the poor quality!

Last edited:
MOAR MARS

Here are thirteen flags for the Confederation of Avalon, a conglomeration of colonies in and around the Hellas Basin on Mars, originally established in 1984 by the Commonwealth of Nations. Long story short: Britain stays out of the EEC from the very beginning, turns the Commonwealth of Nations (sans India and Pakistan) into its own free trade bloc with blackjack and hookers. Britain's space ambitions become the combined effort of the Commonwealth Space Agency - aluminum from the West Indies, test sites in Australia, equatorial launch sites in East Africa, sea launches in the South Pacific, Canadian R&D, etc. And through this cooperation, eleven colonies were established on Mars. Avalon was one of the four "Great Nations" of Mars established in the 1980's, along with the Tharsis Commonwealth (United States), Kasei Federation (Japan) and EuroMars (European Union).

The official Avalonian flag is of course patterned after the British red ensign, with the blue and yellow flag of the Commonwealth of Nations in the upper left-hand corner. To modern Avalonians in the 23rd century, the blue is interpreted as representing Earth; the yellow rays stand for the many nations on Earth which made up the Commonwealth (represented by the yellow "C"); and the red field of course represents Mars. While Earth is far away and Mars is all around Avalon, Earth is always with Avalon; the Commonwealth may be gone, but Avalon carries on its legacy on Mars.

Antillia was established by the West Indies Federation (which includes Belize and Guyana). Arcadia is a Canadian colony (it got awkward after Quebec seceded in the mid-90's, but French-Canadians on Mars have opted to keep their Canadian citizenship rather than hitch a ride back to Earth). Darwin is the British colony (and the largest, not that it matters, right?). Mkutano is a joint Kenyan and Tanzanian colony. Sango is a joint Ghanian and Nigerian colony. Sempadan is a joint Singaporean and Malaysian colony. Sunon was established by the Republic of Hong Kong and Macau (Thatcher argued that that pesky treaty was with the Qing Dynasty rather than the PRC; PLA responds predictably, but the armies of the Commonwealth rally at the mouth of the Pearl River to back up Thatcher's Insane Troll Logic; Americans back up the Commonwealth, and Beijing reluctantly permits HK to have banana). Tagaroa is a small joint colony of the Solomon Islands, Fiji, Tonga and Vanuatu. Uluru is an Australian colony (also Nauru and Papua New Guinea's colony, kinda). Wheroteao is a colony of New Zealand (and also Niue, Samoa and Tuvalu). And finally, Zimbavoku is a colony originally established by Rhodesia (Mugabe falls down a flight of stairs in '67, Muzorewa rolls all sixes, gets the country over the whole Apartheid thing, decides to keep the name "Rhodesia" because it's already printed on everything; Zimbavoku has an equal white-black population and is intended to be a symbol of cooperation and brotherhood for Rhodesians back on Earth).

These flags were originally designed and introduced in the 1980's, and almost 300 years later, remain flying on Mars in the year 2285. Terraforming has flooded the Hellas Basin, and time has led all of these cultures mix and mingle together into a single "Avalonian" people, though the descendants of these eleven colonies take great pride in their regional heritage, as well as their historical connections with the Commonwealth. Avalon is part of a larger pan-Mars polity known as the Martian Assembly, and has a population of around 418 million as of 2285.

Since the original file was too chungus to post in full, I've split it in half.

upload_2019-4-24_21-13-38.png

upload_2019-4-24_21-23-28.png

View attachment 455325

Flag of the Zentrumpakt, an alliance of Conservative European nations (Germany, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria and Italy) in an alternate 1950s.

Flag uses the triple cross to represent:

- The binding together of the nations
- Reflection of fasces
- The framework that Europe’s Future is built on
- Triple Cross also known as Archangel Michael cross. In Christian scripture Archangel Michael once diverted the flow of water away from the church in the same way the ZP will divert the flow of Bolshevism away from Europe
- red and white based on the most popular colours of members flags.

Flag doesn’t replace individual national flags, but used similarly to the NATO flag.

My first flag and made on an iPhone - so please do forgive the poor quality!

Looks like Iron Guard Indonesia/Monaco/Polandball!Poland. Weird crossover.

Which poor quality? I can`t see a poor quality. ;-)
Simple but really nice flag and scenario. I like it. :)

Thanks, appreciate that!

Looks like Iron Guard Indonesia/Monaco/Polandball!Poland. Weird crossover.

There are similarities in terms of the colours with Monaco, Poland, Indonesia, as well as other regional flags - but these colours were chosen, in @tl, for different reasons (two most used colours in the members flags)

Re the Cross, the Iron Guard did use this variant (though the @tl reasons for its use are outlined in the post) and perhaps as my skills and knowledge improve i’ll tweak it slightly to be a bit more unique.

Potential flags of the American Zionist Movement from What Madness Is This? Redux. The colors symbolize not only America's influence, but the droplet also the "Pinnacle Blood of the People of Judah" and the Flame of Jehovah.

800px-flag_of_israel_28194829-svg-png.455531

secondisrael-png.455532

israelusfriend-png.455534

israel3-png.455535

israel4-png.455536

newcanaan.png

Flag of the State of New Canaan from What Madness Is This? Redux. It is in the region of what was formerly known as Mexico before the Great Immolation. New Canaan's capital of Metropolis was erected on the burned-out wreckage of Old Mexico City. It is one of the most modern cities in the world and also one of the most heavily policed. The Aura-and-Cross, symbol of the American Fundamentalist Christian Church, lies directly in the center of the flag.

afcflag2-png.455603

The Aura-and-Cross has been the symbol of the American Fundamentalist Christian Church since the days of the Prophet Burr. The Aura can be either looming behind the Cross or smaller and in the foreground. The Cross symbolizes, of course, Christ, while the Aura symbolizes not only the Power of Jehovah but also the blinding visions experienced by the Prophet Burr when he was instructed to write down the Four Books of Manifest Destiny. The Blue canton symbolizes hope and life, the white symbolizes the purity of the Anglo-Saxon American Nation and the spotless garments the New Jerusalem shall wear on Judgement Day, while the red symbolizes the Blood of Christ and the Pinnacle Blood of Patriots through time. The ten points of the star stand for the ten pillars of the AFC faith:

1. The Lord Jehovah
  2. The Holy Ghost
  3. Jesus Christ
  4. The Prophet Burr
  5. The Old Testament
  6. The New Testament
  7. The Book of Manifestum
  8. The Book of Fati
  9. The Book of Patriots
  10. The Book of Purity

Status
Not open for further replies.