WIP Map Thread

Deleted member 108228

Update on that Congo map I posted a while back

Kongo_Emergency_Government.png

still at a loss with africa. south America needs a colour change, waaay too much freedom down there atm. really proud of that greater arabia though. got more subdivisions to put in india, china, brazil, mexico and the russian ssr. oh and maybe germany-france

Hello there, I am currently doing an alternate history project involving that wikipedia article I posted, and I'm currently struggling with alternate U.S.A. borders. If anyone could help me on creating plausible borders for this United States of America, it would be highly appreciated. I would rather keep the borders of California as the way it is because its relevant to my canon.

tcMpO1t.png

Why wasn’t it integrated with the rest of Alaska?
Well the logic is that Alaska is already pretty enormous so doesn't need all that extra land that few people live in. Also the feds get less objections when they operate in this region instead of having to deal with Juneau.

There's a Second American Civil War in the early 2020s that's analogous to the first. The map itself is set right before a Third World War (which would, of course, be analogous to World War I), with corporatocracy as the new imperialism. Asides from the USA as itself, some other analogues include Russia as Britain, China as Russia, and Brazil as Germany.
Looking forward to this map getting finished!

Deleted member 108228

Since it's still a WIP, I'd change the AD dates in the text to AH dates since it's written from the Islamic State's POV. So, 2020 should be 1441, while 2022 should be 1443.

I'll get to doing that. I wondered if it was a good idea to include western dating systems in the map, but I forgot it was an IS map

How is the rest of the world doing?

I haven't flushed that aspect yet. I would imagine the world is suffering from the effects of an IS victory. The European stats would probably fortify their borders and undergo a dramatic surge in far-right ideologies the likes of which has never been seen. Possibly it could descend into Christian Fundamentalist Totalitarianism, where 'Europe is threatened by the heathens', and horrific acts are committed.

Meanwhile the United States would suffer 'causal trauma', where they believed their actions in the 2000's lead to the formation of the Islamic State, and so they would have their policies based around on what they do with IS and whether to interact with them. Mainly they would try and combat the increase in Islamic fundamentalism in their borders, as IS was proven to be right in their predictions

Terrorism is a big thing in this world, with terror attacks happening constantly to the point of complete desensitization and numbness. Imagine a 9/11-esque event occurring every 2-5 years. Islam is seen in this world as a dangerous ideology, similar to Nazism, and not as a religion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gian

Banned
I haven't flushed that aspect yet. I would imagine the world is suffering from the effects of an IS victory. The European stats would probably fortify their borders and undergo a dramatic surge in far-right ideologies the likes of which has never been seen. Possibly it could descend into Christian Fundamentalist Totalitarianism, where 'Europe is threatened by the heathens', and horrific acts are committed.

Meanwhile the United States would suffer a 'causal trauma', where the would believe their actions in the 2000's lead to the formation of the Islamic State, and so they would have their policies based around on what they do with IS and whether to interact with them. Mainly they would try and combat the increase in Islamic fundamentalism in their borders, as IS was proven to be right in their
predictions

Terrorism is a big thing in this world, with terror attacks happening constantly to the point of complete desensitization and numbness. Imagine a 9/11-esque event occurring every 2-5 years. Islam is seen in this world as a dangerous ideology, similar to Nazism, and not as a religion.

Truly a nightmare world if I ever saw one.

Deleted member 108228

Truly a nightmare world if I ever saw one.

Indeed. I've been trying to create the lore for this world without it bordering on pure edginess and darkness, and trying to be unique in this scenario, which has been quite difficult due to it being IS. I'm experimenting with different ideas and whatnot, such as Christian fundamentalism being revived in order to counteract the Salafist-Jihadist-Wahhabist doctrine of IS, as well as the formation of a Anti-Islamic Coalition to combat the Islamic State

If I have to say which parts of this world aren't in turmoil, it would most likely be Latin America, since they aren't seen as the enemy by the Islamic State, but that's up in the air.

Isaac Beach

Banned
More Sung Survives. Didn't change much to the actual original map aside some aesthetics; messier West Africa, cut off the northern bit of Nan Si Jou, and I liked the Holy Union of St. Matthias a bunch so I gave it its own colour. Only real comprehensive change is not giving quite so much land to the Empire of Eire, namely Scotland.

Sung Survives.png