WIP Map Thread

The excellent @Bob Hope created a set of QBAM terrain maps and posted them, I don’t have the link to the thread at the moment but it shouldn’t be too hard to find. They’re great!
V5 Phys R 26.3.PNG
V5 Phys L 26.3.PNG

Fun.png

Americas!
Maybe a united Biune Russia?
Fun.png

Now with French Equatoria and Antarctica... planning on another Antarctica in Brasil. Spanish squished between. Oh yeah China, threw off the Mongols, and the dynasty is maybe the Ming??? butterflies.

Last edited:
View attachment 453939
Americas!
Maybe a united Biune Russia?
View attachment 453988
Now with French Equatoria and Antarctica... planning on another Antarctica in Brasil. Spanish squished between. Oh yeah China, threw off the Mongols, and the dynasty is maybe the Ming??? butterflies.

Having France, under the Plantagenets, sticking their thumbs into all sorts of pies. As the victors in a previous war with Aragon, Naples was finally won fair and square (they had an alt Italian Wars through an even thinner claim than the Valois as a distant daughter was married to an Angevin son and they thought they could move outside of Salic law, even after the popes stopped liking the Neapolitans).

What will the parallelism be in here?

There's a Second American Civil War in the early 2020s that's analogous to the first. The map itself is set right before a Third World War (which would, of course, be analogous to World War I), with corporatocracy as the new imperialism. Asides from the USA as itself, some other analogues include Russia as Britain, China as Russia, and Brazil as Germany.

the closest ive ever gotten to a completed scenario. really struggling to draw a free afrabia im happy with the look of. i plan for a arab federation or perhaps eu analogue to contrast the eastern block, and eithiopia to have alot of influence over the continent, followed by india and china. the lighter shades indicate wich way a country leans, blue-gray being capitalist US, pastel green syndicalist italy, red-gray Luxembourgist germany, red ussr, emerald green, nativist china, purple nativist india, deepblue social democratic sweden. states that are still aligned with the former but more independently minded; anarcho-syndicalist spain, nativist Thailand, iran, turkey (not sure if i want iran-turkey-arabia to be muhfreedum, austrafrasiafuturepast, or inbetween) japan, portugal, finland, syndicalist england. the rest of south america will be otl borders i think, as for the remains of australasia/oceania, the euro speaking islands will probably go to the british crown (metallic red) the rest being independent but japan influenced. New Guinea might become american or british.

Eurafrican/Mediterranean Union?

Basically yes, the key players are the JAM ("United Arab Republic"), a France-led European Union, a Mandinke sphere, and a Hausa-Fulani sphere. Basically, increased immigration, trade, and cultural ties between Sunni Arab North Africa and Western Europe led to the creation of a massive supranational organization. On a good day, it is the world's greatest superpower. On a bad one, it's a fractious mess.

Dr. Doom said:
Basically yes, the key players are the JAM ("United Arab Republic"), a France-led European Union, a Mandinke sphere, and a Hausa-Fulani sphere. Basically, increased immigration, trade, and cultural ties between Sunni Arab North Africa and Western Europe led to the creation of a massive supranational organization. On a good day, it is the world's greatest superpower. On a bad one, it's a fractious mess.

Pretty nice idea. I was playing with a similar concept a long time ago but I never managed to get very far with it.

How did the two African Spheres form by the way? Industrialization, cultural push-and-pull?

Deleted member 108228

It is like some iranian puppet or...?

Indeed it is. It's part of a worldbuilding project I'm doing, and one of those aspects is a more powerful Iran

Last edited by a moderator:
Working on a map for Harry Turtledove's Darkest Europe: some inspiration from SRegan's "cradle world."

Thoughts, comments, criticisms?
(The pale off-green is for "other Muslim states".)

darkestEurope.png