The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

Considering the fact that this testimony takes place in '49, there are only two men in the office between Wallace and Patton, and Truman had to specify that the President was Wallace when Hoover wasn't anywhere near the White House, this all but confirms that Patton is going to win the '48 election.

Sorry, but I do not follow how this clenches it for Patton becoming president. I took the insistence of referring to Wallace by name rather than title being that Wallace is so out of favor calling him President Wallace or the President would be seen as supporting him.

Speaking of Hoover though, what is J. Edgar Hoover up to ITTL.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I do not follow how this clenches it for Patton becoming president. I took the insistence of referring to Wallace by name rather than title being that Wallace is so out of favor calling him President Wallace or the President would be seen as supporting him.

The date says 1949, while Wallace's term would end in 1948. Seeing as how he's referring to Wallace by name, and there would only be two people in the room, the President and Patton, it doesn't seem like Wallace would get his second term.

The date says 1949, while Wallace's term would end in 1948. Seeing as how he's referring to Wallace by name, and there would only be two people in the room, the President and Patton, it doesn't seem like Wallace would get his second term.

I'm surprised he isn't going to be IMPEACHED! Helping Stalin should count for endangering the security of the US.

I'm surprised he isn't going to be IMPEACHED! Helping Stalin should count for endangering the security of the US.
Again, legally, you could be impeached by Congress for ordering the wrong topping for your hot dog. It wouldn't pass the House or Senate unless you were really hated, but..... Legally it could happen.

It's not impeachable, per se, but it's certainly ruining his reputation. I don't know what they would impeach him for. Maybe assault, but that's a huge stretch. You could mayyybe get away with treason, but again, that's another huge stretch.

Again, legally, you could be impeached by Congress for ordering the wrong topping for your hot dog. It wouldn't pass the House or Senate unless you were really hated, but..... Legally it could happen.

It's not impeachable, per se, but it's certainly ruining his reputation. I don't know what they would impeach him for. Maybe assault, but that's a huge stretch. You could mayyybe get away with treason, but again, that's another huge stretch.

I'm exaggerating, but I have a feeling that is going to be the mindset of a lot of people when they reflect on how their President spread Stalinism worldwide, while disrespecting Britain and France.

But that only shows Wallace not being president by 49, it doesn't show that Patton is President by then. We still don't know if Patton is even going to run. Heck, he may die before the next election for all we know.

But that only shows Wallace not being president by 49, it doesn't show that Patton is President by then. We still don't know if Patton is even going to run. Heck, he may die before the next election for all we know.

It could be anybody: Dewey, Eisenhower, and lets not forget that lovable sweetheart MacArthur (shuddering).

Well OTL he died in 1945 via a car accident, and since that didn't happen ITTL (i guess), who knows when he's gonna die?