The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

Here are the maps I made for WW1, on January 1st for each year. Corrections and constructive criticism are very much appreciated. There is also a 1919 map that I am working on.

1915.png

1916.png

1917.png

1918.png

@Admiral A. Kolchak Could you maybe help in China?

Great work! Only little thing missing is that the maps all need the little titles / blurbs that all the other maps have. I might suggest the following:

1915: Not Over By Christmas. (Something to show that the war did not, as expected, end by Christmas 1914).

1916: Year Of The Big Battles. Alternative: Storm On The Somme or The Legend Of Verdun* (I prefer this one personally, but others might disagree).

1917: The Revolution Begins. (Has to be something related to the monumental event of that year, the October Revolution).

1918: The Kaiserreich's Last Stand. (Between Kaiserschlact, the Piave, the Meuse-Argonne, Vittorio Veneto, and many others, 1918 was probably the climax of WW1, and name should reflect this accordingly).

Great work! Only little thing missing is that the maps all need the little titles / blurbs that all the other maps have. I might suggest the following:

1915: Not Over By Christmas. (Something to show that the war did not, as expected, end by Christmas 1914).

1916: Year Of The Big Battles. Alternative: Storm On The Somme or The Legend Of Verdun* (I prefer this one personally, but others might disagree).

1917: The Revolution Begins. (Has to be something related to the monumental event of that year, the October Revolution).

1918: The Kaiserreich's Last Stand. (Between Kaiserschlact, the Piave, the Meuse-Argonne, Vittorio Veneto, and many others, 1918 was probably the climax of WW1, and name should reflect this accordingly).
These are all very nice, I will make sure to add them whenever I update the maps.

These are all very nice, I will make sure to add them whenever I update the maps.
Added Thanosaekk's WW1 maps, with django's name suggestions.
Also fixed Bornholm, don't tell the Swedes.
Awesome. That was fast! And I also wasn't expecting the names I'd suggested to be formally adopted, so I'm thrilled. :)

I'm also happy to see you guys ended up preferring the Verdun name for the 1916 map. Although I'm not French myself, I still can't help but feel (at least based on my readings of secondary sources) that there's something almost mythical about the Battle Of Verdun - whether because it was the longest battle of WW1, or the sheer intensity of the fighting there, or the appalling conditions endured by the men who lived through it, or the place of honor it occupies in French national pride - that any map themed after the year 1916 absolutely had to acknowledge it somewhere. I think Verdun (and the Somme too) probably best captures the "fundamental essence of WW1", in the way that Stalingrad does for WW2.

Awesome. That was fast! And I also wasn't expecting the names I'd suggested to be formally adopted, so I'm thrilled. :)

I'm also happy to see you guys ended up preferring the Verdun name for the 1916 map. Although I'm not French myself, I still can't help but feel (at least based on my readings of secondary sources) that there's something almost mythical about the Battle Of Verdun - whether because it was the longest battle of WW1, or the sheer intensity of the fighting there, or the appalling conditions endured by the men who lived through it, or the place of honor it occupies in French national pride - that any map themed after the year 1916 absolutely had to acknowledge it somewhere. I think Verdun (and the Somme too) probably best captures the "fundamental essence of WW1", in the way that Stalingrad does for WW2.

Absolutely! I really liked the names; they summed up each year perfectly and have a great ring to them. On Verdun - I absolutely agree. It has the stuff of legend - it's one of the battle and a tremendous tragedy that sums up the futility of the western front. Even over here across the pond in America, it's treated as one of the greatest battles of history. Its place in popular culture (such as video games and movies) is telling of how much it remains in the consciousness of the public.

Here are the maps I made for WW1, on January 1st for each year. Corrections and constructive criticism are very much appreciated. There is also a 1919 map that I am working on.

View attachment 452479

View attachment 452480

View attachment 452481

View attachment 452482

I'm probably not using lighter shades right, but:

Assuming everything is on 1 Jan of its respective year:

1915:
Thanksaekk.png

1916:
Thanosaekk.png

1917:
1917.png

1918:
1918-1.png

View attachment 437413

A WorldA map for 1919, any corrections (particularly in China) would be appreciated!

View attachment 452479

View attachment 452480

View attachment 452481

View attachment 452482

I posted a 1919 map here a bit ago, you can use it for your 1919 map if it helps!

I posted a 1919 map here a bit ago, you can use it for your 1919 map if it helps!
Oh, I had forgot that. After checking it, it is a very good map. The only problem is that it's after Versailles, if I am not mistaken, but I will definitely use it for January 1st, 1919. Thanks!

- Added 1150
- Updated NCS (Expanded Africa colors, moved Cumania to different color)

- [1115/1200]: Corrected Spanish borders, split off upper Lorraine as a separate duchy, fixed Indian borders
- [1050] Fixed Indian borders

Have you considered doing one between 1700-1748? Maybe before the war of the Austrian succession but after the great northern war etc?