The Anglo/American - Nazi War

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with "eugenics" as it was at the time, is that absent the discovery of DNA and the "genetic code" the whole bit was based on phenotypes and moonshine. OTL we can isolate a large number of specific genes that cause specific problems, of course we can't yet map things like intelligence, longevity (as opposed to causes of decreased lifespan), athletic ability and so forth which are more complex than point mutations. All that is before the "racial" elements of eugenics were tossed in.

If I recall, there was some little bit written about Hitler's real tomb, somewhere deep in some mountains that had been sealed off and then was found again. But I can't find it anywhere. Am I mis-remembering or am I looking in the wrong place?

nbcman

Donor
If I recall, there was some little bit written about Hitler's real tomb, somewhere deep in some mountains that had been sealed off and then was found again. But I can't find it anywhere. Am I mis-remembering or am I looking in the wrong place?
Hitler's tomb was in Berlin but was destroyed per this post from the Author which was in response to two other posts:

Is there any significant 'landmarks' so to speak in Paris, Berlin and Nuremberg? (Alike to the Chernobyl's ferris wheel and power planet itself.)
There are parts of the Reichstag and Brandenberg Gate still visible, among other landmarks.

Speaking about that, whatever happened to Hitler's tomb? Did the Polish Free army demolish it during the final battle or is it being allowed to gradually decay?
Several hundred pounds of Comp C took care of it very nicely, followed by some runs by Chieftain tanks over the rubble. The location is more or less indistinguishable from any of the surrounding area and the coordinates are not publicly known.

No its not that, I'm sure I remember reading about some tomb hidden somewhere in the alps, the guards killed themselves when it was sealed up and buried, full of plundered treasure etc and I think it was someone important's resting place, hidden in the alps or something.

Geon

Donor
The U.S. lost 800,000 which is more then any of its other wars. Combined with the casualties to the UK, Canada, and Australia I can understand the reasoning behind the A4's actions in the post war timeline i.e. never again!

Also, I am guessing that Memorial Day and the day for the end of World War II probably take on a somber significance in TTL.

What does nazi military technology look like at the end of the war? Obviously we saw SLBMs and mach 2 cruise missiles, so is it more advanced than 1960s technology OTL?
Also, I feel like morale and wartime protests would eventually seek one side to attempt to develop a peace agreement, no matter how much anger is in the air. Is there a specific reason that didn't happen?

nbcman

Donor
What does nazi military technology look like at the end of the war? Obviously we saw SLBMs and mach 2 cruise missiles, so is it more advanced than 1960s technology OTL?
Also, I feel like morale and wartime protests would eventually seek one side to attempt to develop a peace agreement, no matter how much anger is in the air. Is there a specific reason that didn't happen?
In AANW Nazi Germany? Not likely. There were a series of defections / peace treaties that were signed after the US and UK nuke attacks (see post 3383) but the Nazis weren't giving up and didn't give up after they were turned into a radioactive, chemically soaked, virulent hell hole in places (Nuremberg & Berlin). The Allies kept up the fight because they couldn't trust the Germans not to strike again.

In AANW Nazi Germany? Not likely. There were a series of defections / peace treaties that were signed after the US and UK nuke attacks (see post 3383) but the Nazis weren't giving up and didn't give up after they were turned into a radioactive, chemically soaked, virulent hell hole in places (Nuremberg & Berlin). The Allies kept up the fight because they couldn't trust the Germans not to strike again.

Also, the German people apparently lived so well during the 1950s ceasefire, that many Germans were convinced the war against Nazism would be a brief disruption, after which they could return to their bread and circuses.

Also, the German people apparently lived so well during the 1950s ceasefire, that many Germans were convinced the war against Nazism would be a brief disruption, after which they could return to their bread and circuses.
what about the allies? 800k+ casualties from the US, and untold destruction and casualties from the British over the course of 20ish years of continued war must have started to convince some people.

Geon

Donor
what about the allies? 800k+ casualties from the US, and untold destruction and casualties from the British over the course of 20ish years of continued war must have started to convince some people.

Any attempts to protest the war on the Nazi side would have been quickly doomed to failure with the protestors disappearing in the night and never being heard again.

On the allied side between the St. Patrick's Day raid, the attacks with nerve agents on London that resulted in the deaths of the royal family, the discovery of the massive genocide and slave labor plantations going on behind the German lines, and the fanatical resistance of the Nazis every step of the way I don't see any room for negotiation here except complete and unconditional surrender.

Nacht und Nebel was the fate of anyone who was too open in opposing the Nazi regime. Here, with a "victory" in WWII and the subsequent lifestyle for Aryans, support for antiregime thought or action was much less.

Nacht und Nebel was the fate of anyone who was too open in opposing the Nazi regime. Here, with a "victory" in WWII and the subsequent lifestyle for Aryans, support for antiregime thought or action was much less.

It was only when American troops were knocking on German doors that many Germans actually considered mass surrender.

Status
Not open for further replies.