This is not pro-Nazi propaganda. If you think that this is the aim of the post, let me tell you that you're wrong.

I don't think anybody played this card before on this website.
What if an Adolf Hitler based religion develops post-War?
I don't mean just Neo-Nazism, but something with supernatural references, ordained priests and sacred texts that tries to make him looking like a god or a chosen man sent by a(the) god(s).

Hitler's image was somewhat tainted by the time World War II ended, so it might be hard to get people worshiping him on a mass scale.

Hitler's image was somewhat tainted by the time World War II ended, so it might be hard to get people worshiping him on a mass scale.

The only way I see this even remotely working (and even then it is a LONG shot) is he dies just after Munich. If he dies at that point he dies after "he reunited the German people" and before WW2. This goes against the OP as it says post-war but this is the closest I can get to it.

Not quite religious but a friend of mine has a tale about being on a trip in France or somewhere else on the continent and a guide mentioned that Hitler had visited the same place*. Cue one of the Germans on the same tour remarking in a whispered, almost reverent, tone "The Fuhrer was here?"

*Quite possibly a steel works as Chris was quite well placed within British Steel.

How about something like a Mystery Religion with esoteric rituals for an exclusive set of followers, maybe launching off of the mystical weirdness the Thulians and others cobbled together?

Probably only way is that Hitler manages to win the war. It would be difficult getting people worship anyone loser.

How about something like a Mystery Religion with esoteric rituals for an exclusive set of followers, maybe launching off of the mystical weirdness the Thulians and others cobbled together?
Very interesting.
As long as it maintains a common structure and doctrine it's okay (Otherwise it wouldn't be different from OTL's Esoteric Nazism.).
How long would it remain secret to the world?
Is there at least one country that can allow Hitlerian proselytizing?

Not quite religious but a friend of mine has a tale about being on a trip in France or somewhere else on the continent and a guide mentioned that Hitler had visited the same place*. Cue one of the Germans on the same tour remarking in a whispered, almost reverent, tone "The Fuhrer was here?"

*Quite possibly a steel works as Chris was quite well placed within British Steel.
I'm sorry, might I ask how long ago this event takes place?
It could become well-known in an ATL and be regarded as the first Hitlerian coming out.

It would be difficult getting people worship anyone loser.
The line between loser and martyr is sometimes more blurry than we would like to admit, and sometimes losing is as convenient as winning. All that's needed is a narrative of martyrdom and some nebulous long term thingy...

Also on a less serious note, Jesus getting nailed to a cross didn't prevent Christianity from becoming the dominant religion of the Western hemisphere, heck, it probably made it possible in the first place.

Edit: obviously I'm not comparing Hitler to Jesus morally or ethically, but rather pointing out that mere triumphs in the material world isn't the end all be all as far as religion is concerned.

Last edited:

Deleted member 94680

Hitler's image was somewhat tainted by the time World War II ended

Understatement of the century.

The WAllies were heavy on the old denazification, so a religion dedicated to a mass-murdering, spit-flecked lunatic might be a tough one to get going.

By the time the WAllies left control over to the West Germans, nazis weren’t exactly en vogue in Germany. This probably means you’d have to wait until at least the mid-80s until it gets going. This means the younger generation would have to take the lead, lest it is ‘tainted’ by association with elderly nazis.

By the time the WAllies left control over to the West Germans, nazis weren’t exactly en vogue in Germany. This probably means you’d have to wait until at least the mid-80s until it gets going. This means the younger generation would have to take the lead, lest it is ‘tainted’ by association with elderly nazis.
Or the religion can form before and remain as secret as possible till the next generation is ""ready"".