President Forever and other 270soft games Megathread

Screenshot (1861).png

Screenshot (1863).png

Can't get it all to center-align. There we go.
Democratic presidential primaries, 1992 (3).png

Last edited:
Wth did libertarians get so much power with Paul as nominee he is a libertarian!!!
I'm not really sure, but as soon as the RNC ended, the Republicans' poll numbers collapsed into the single-digits (6%, I think, nationwide). I guess that, as a well-known entertainer, Jillette was able to command a much wider following than any other Libertarian would have.

Last edited:
UZczkBU.png

A new scenario I'm working on, the 2012 US House election in Massachusetts 4th District.

Candidates:
Democratic:
ON:
- Activist Rachel E. Brown (Quincy) A self-proclaimed "LaRouche Democrat.

- ADA Joseph P. Kennedy III (Brookline)

- Mr. Herb Robinson (Newton) A software engineer, this is Robinson's first run for office.A major element of his platform is an overhaul of taxation which he calls "Bottom Line Regulation", which would tie the tax rate for the highest income brackets to the unemployment rate and carbon reduction, as a means of encouraging private investment in job creation and environmentalism.​
OFF:
- Rep. Barney Frank (Newton)

- Mayor William A. Flanagan (Fall River)

- Mayor Setti Warren (Newton)

- Prof. Harmony H. Wu (Needham) A town selectwoman and activist, Wu first attempted a progressive primary challenge against Rep. Stephen Lynch in 2010, but ultimately abandoned the effort. With the new district boundaries drawn and what seems to be a wide-open race, can Wu's progressive politics propel her to Washington?​

Republican:
ON:
- Mr. Sean Bielat (Norfolk) A technology executive and veteran, Bielat is known for the close race he ran against Barney Frank in the old Fourth District in 2010.

- Comm. Elizabeth Childs (Brookline) Incumbent Brookline School Committeewoman since 2009, Childs has an extensive background in medicine and education, serving as Commissioner of Mental Health during Gov. Romney's administration.

- Dr. David L. Steinhof (Fall River) A political newcomer, Steinhof has strong conservative credentials; opposing abortion, tax increases and any potential limits to the Second Amendment.​
OFF:
- Mayor Kevin J. Dumas (Attleboro) Elected Mayor of Attleboro in 2003 at 27 years old, Dumas unseated a six-term Democratic incumbent and became the first openly gay Mayor in his city's history. Currently serving his fifth term, Dumas is undeniably popular in his own community, though his support of tax increases and various fees as Mayor may be a bit out of step with what Republican primary voters want to hear. Can this long-time Mayor win over primary voters, and become the first openly gay Republican elected to Congress?

- Comm. David A. Rosa (Dighton) While Rosa was an independent holding a nonpartisan office in 2012, he would later establish himself as a staunch conservative Republican in his many future campaigns. Could the backing and credibility of the Republican Party provide the boost this small town Parks Commissioner needs to win the election?

- Mr. Earl H. Sholley (Norfolk) With his first campaign in 1996, Sholley is a firebrand conservative and "father's rights advocate" who has appeared on the ballot in some form almost every two years. Convicted of assault on his daughter in 1994, he has been charged with multiple other crimes over the years. The nominee in 2008, Sholley was trounced by Rep. Frank, and two years ago he was defeated by Sean Bielat in the Republican primary. In OTL, he attempted to oust Governor's Councillor Karen Timilty this year, but what if he made another attempt at the House? Could this controversial perennial candidate be carried all the way to Washington on the backs of a rejuvenated Republican machine?​

Independents (each are their own party):
ON:
Comm. David A. Rosa (Dighton) Rosa is an independent and Parks Commissioner (a nonpartisan office) in the Town of Dighton, though he is quickly establishing himself as a staunch conservative. An Iraq War veteran, can this small town official win an upset without the backing and credibility of a major party?​

OFF:
Fmr. Mayor Charles E. Crowley (Taunton) With a record of 20 years on the Taunton City Council and two terms as Mayor, Crowley is incredibly popular in Taunton and was the man to beat before declining to run for a third term last year. Once a Republican, Crowley became unenrolled in 2001 and has tended to endorse Democrats since, though he is still relatively moderate. With a winning personality and allies on both sides of the aisle, could the popular former Mayor overcome the two-party system? (Note: Crowley's heart disease resulted in his death in 2014, which is within the term of this office.)​

The most time consuming part was definitely the map, but I'm really pleased with how it came out. Writing blurbs and finding decent pictures of the more obscure people was a bit of a pain, but I know it would be much worse if I chose an earlier election. Still working on issues, endorsers, and percentages; at least for the first two there are some similar scenarios I can compare my work to.

I paid $20 a year and a half ago for this game and played it less than 10 times (it was almost unplayable for me because it kept freezing and crashing) and I decided to redownload the game and they are asking me for another $8......and I’m not willing to invest around $30 into it......

I paid $20 a year and a half ago for this game and played it less than 10 times (it was almost unplayable for me because it kept freezing and crashing) and I decided to redownload the game and they are asking me for another $8......and I’m not willing to invest around $30 into it......
Yeah, you have to reinstate the subscription every year. But if you don't play the game a lot and don't intend to, I get why you wouldn't

(Based off of 3 PI Games, to simulate primaries.)

1787-1788.

BFvRS1788.png

Mayor of New Haven, Connecticut Roger Sherman (Grey, 1st photo above): 69 delegates (N)
Governor of Connecticut Samuel Huntington: 22 (RM)
Former Governor of South Carolina John Rutledge: 17
Former Agent of Marine Robert Morris: 13
Judge Robert H. Harrison: 6
Secretary of State John Milton: 5
Governor of New York John Jay: 4
Member of the Georgia Executive Council James Armstrong: 0
Colonel Artemas Ward: 0
Former Ambassador to the United Kingdom John Adams: 0
Mr. James Wilson: 0
Former President of the Continental Congress Henry Laurens: 0
Major General Horatio Gates: 0
Mr. Charles Peale: 0
Former Commander-in-Chief of the Continental Army George Washington: 0

Former President (now Governor) of Pennsylvania Benjamin Franklin: 59 (Green, 2nd map) (N)
Ambassador to France Thomas Jefferson: 31 (Orange) (RM)
President of the Massachusetts Senate Samuel Adams: 31 (Light blue)
Mr. George Mason: 10
Governor of Virginia Patrick Henry: 7
Former Governor of New York George Clinton: 0
Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts Benjamin Lincoln: 0
Former President of the Congress of the Confederation Richard Henry: 0
Delegate of the Congress of the Confederation from Virginia James Madison: 0
Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives William Maclay: 0
Mr. Edward Telfair: 0
Mr. Thomas Paine: 0
Former President of the Continental Congress John Hancock: 0

Benjamin Franklin/Thomas Jefferson (Democratic-Republican): 69 EV
Roger Sherman/Samuel Huntington (Federalist): 0 EV

Kucinich2008.PNG

So, uh..... this is apparently what happens when you crank up Dennis Kucinich's campaign manifesto all the way to the far left (Every single policy stance is ultra-leftwing) and you choose Sam Brownback and Rudy Giuliani as the 2008 Republican nominees.

I'm having an issue starting the game since Microsoft one drive synced with pi. Says something about scenario.xml not functioning or something. I'll post a screenshot later.

Hopefully someone has a solution for this

EDIT: Here it is

error.JPG

Last edited: