Return of Horrible Educational Maps

Untitled.png

just some convention locations

From the Marzipan Museum in Budapest

marzipanmapbudapest.jpg

What's especially odd is that the British isles are shaped comparatively decent but the rest of Europe...

And as usual, the Kaliningrad enclave is missing (although with that map and what it is made of, someone might have actually eaten it)

From the Marzipan Museum in Budapest
What's especially odd is that the British isles are shaped comparatively decent but the rest of Europe...

And as usual, the Kaliningrad enclave is missing (although with that map and what it is made of, someone might have actually eaten it)

Nope. I'm giving them full credit in this one. They made a map out of effing MARZIPAN.

And look closely. It's just the EU countries, specifically between 2004 and 2007. And I think they got all the countries correct, even coloring Norway and Switzerland the same yellow color as the non-EU areas of the map.

Nope. I'm giving them full credit in this one. They made a map out of effing MARZIPAN.

And look closely. It's just the EU countries, specifically between 2004 and 2007. And I think they got all the countries correct, even coloring Norway and Switzerland the same yellow color as the non-EU areas of the map.
it's just like real Europe, only tiny and sweet XD

Well, that map was probably made by children and so I might forgive the errors. But if it had been adults they should be able to do better.

For comparison:

marzipanlubeck.jpg

Aldi South.png

The map featured in an Aldi Süd ad I saw on Facebook just now (which is fascinating because I live in an Aldi Nord area). Also sorry for the bad compression, I had to downsize it to avoid putting it through Imgur.

The map featured in an Aldi Süd ad I saw on Facebook just now (which is fascinating because I live in an Aldi Nord area). Also sorry for the bad compression, I had to downsize it to avoid putting it through Imgur.
Other than the floating countries, I was trying to figure out whats wrong with the map - I can't spot anything other than them leaving Sicily and Sardinia out of Italy, which probably means I'm an idiot.

EDIT: Oh. I see South Germany now.

Other than the floating countries, I was trying to figure out whats wrong with the map - I can't spot anything other than them leaving Sicily and Sardinia out of Italy, which probably means I'm an idiot.

EDIT: Oh. I see South Germany now.

@Halcyon Dayz

Yeah, that Scotland is weird (honestly it looks more like parts of Scotland which are less "illuminated" were excluded), plus the weird exclusion of Tasmania, and the fact that the ad team thought it important to include Alaska but no other non-Lower 48 US possessions, plus the lack of Hainan contrasted to the inclusion of Taiwan... It's just weird.

Italy is the biggest screw-up of theirs though, for sure.

Since this was from a language learning book and neither about geography or history (at least not much) the errors might be forgivable.

(Just don't look at China or India)

badspanishbook.jpg