The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

A lot of those are very close to other years that I've already done. Example: I won't do 1845 & 1865 because I've already done 1848 and 1861. During the cold war, there were not that many border changes, so I tried to stick with doing one per decade.

Would you also rject other people doing these maps? Also, the thing with 1844/45 is that it is before the Mexican-American War.

ST15RM

Banned
upload_2019-3-22_13-12-31.png

1848 fixes, courtesy of Kolchack.

The km per pixel ratio continues to fluctuate with each border I select on the map (such as Idaho's Southern Border vs the US-Mexican Border).

The km per pixel ratio continues to fluctuate with each border I select on the map (such as Idaho's Southern Border vs the US-Mexican Border).
Correct. This is a result of the map's projection. Lengths are compressed and expanded depending on longitude.

March 31st, 2019
- Added 750 AD
- [600 - 1200 AD]: Fixed china's external borders & added details/corrections to those of their protectorates.
- 1960: Borders in Africa should now reflect the state of the continent on Jan 1st, 1960 (French Africa mostly decolonized later that year)
- 1980: Colored Uganda

To-do list:

- ww1 maps

Argentina Patches
Some comments:
  • Both East and West Germany appear in the 1946 map. They weren't established until 1949. They should appear as occupied like Austria and Japan.
  • Depending on the exact date of the 1861 map, it should show the State of Buenos Aires in Argentina as independent but claimed, which won against the Argentine Confederation in the battle of Pavón (17 September) and reunited the country in December (long story...)
  • The 1815 shows the conflict between the League of Free Peoples and the Tucumán Congress, which is great. However, it's inaccurate. Buenos Aires was not a member (in fact, the league was pretty much formed against it), neither was Córdoba. Also they both share the same color which is confusing. I propose coloring the League with Uruguay's color (since it's widely understood as the predecessor of modern Uruguay) and the rest with the Argentina color, with mutual claims between the both of them.
  • While the Moche might not have been an unified culture, there is reason to consider adding them to the pre-700 AD maps.
  • The Missisipian, Aridoamerican, etc. cultures appear in the pre-1500 maps, however they weren't unified cultures AFAIK. Is there a way to show that (like cultural spheres?) I believe the Celts and Germanics had the same issue.
Also, what's the criteria for showing internal borders? I have a patch for Argentina's internal (and external) border changes (under the spoiler), if you're interested. But it would also mean to include other federal states like Brazil IMO.

(the color scheme is not necessary, but I like Argentina better as sky-blue.)

vaU2bJK.png

upload_2018-8-17_21-13-37-png.402680

Last edited:
Fixed the Vancouver issue, and Jesus Chirst filed a legal name change to "Christ". The roman courts just got back to me; the name change was accepted. Hence forth, he shall be known as "Jesus Christ".

I'll get those issues fixed soon, thanks for the heads up. As a true alternate historian, I know nothing about post-colonial south american history. From all the timelines I've read, nothing ever happens down there! :p
Great work on the patches! They look fantastic. I gave your post a threadmark for easy access.

I'll get those issues fixed soon, thanks for the heads up. As a true alternate historian, I know nothing about post-colonial south american history. From all the timelines I've read, nothing ever happens down there! :p
Great work on the patches! They look fantastic. I gave your post a threadmark for easy access.

I gotta work in more South American TLs :p

Thank you! I would help to update the maps but I'm currently without a mouse. If I find anything I can help with I'll be around this thread.

Kudos for your work!