The Yankee Dominion: A Map and World Building Project

Flag 2 definitely better you got the caliphate colors for Islam plus the cross.

@Oryxslayer was a map ever done for Assiniboa?

No, Mid-OTL Canada is sitting at the bottom of my list when I get back to it. They don't have their GIS files readily available, forcing me to jump through tons of hoops. I expect this to change when Alberta & Canada vote later in the year.

xkJH3JG.png

UplNJDT.png

Last edited:
0CdZUU7.png

g5iaYcM.png

Authors note: Matt Huffman (Fed, Marion—Findlay), Michel Bouclier (OTL Mike Randolph, Fed, Méridien), and Kenny Alexander (Lab, Norfolk West—Portsmouth) are considered to be safe holds for the incumbent party.

Authors note 2: Don't actually tweet at Wasserman. I like the guy, and I used his likeness here without consent, so I hold no creative commons on this work. I also don't want to get blocked on twitter.

Authors note 3: I last minute changed the date to Saturday because I'm a Jew, and in my mind I think Saturday is the Sabbath. But for the majority of Americans, Sunday is the holy day.

Last edited:

ST15RM

Banned
BTW i am changing Borneo ONE LAST TIME after doing a lot of extensive research

The two major changes are:
-Lanfang keeps its old borders
-Banjar and the two small southern sultanates are united into a republic. This is because Banjar’s last sultan dies in 1905 without an heir, and the other two are insignificant enough to warrant invasion/subservience and the giving up of the sultan’s title.

Again this is LAST change i am doing for Borneo unless feedback warrants another change.

I know I’ve basically abdicated executive control here but I definitely think we’re going to be ready to move into the next stage of the project.

Over the next week or two I’ll begin compiling and threadmarking this. I’d really like to see a country infobox ready to use in the opening post with GDP/population/map etc, if possible.

I can’t believe we’ve come this far on auto pilot. This is truly an egalitarian project, and I’m very grateful that I stepped back (the school work load that caused that was regrettable though lol) because I could never have been this creative on my own.

You guys are all awesome!! I can’t thank you enough!

I've added a ton of threadmarks FTW. This has been LONG overdue on my part. They're ordered as to how I found them, but a simply "control F" search when the threadmarks tab is open should help you find what you will be looking for. Marked are timeline contributions by @Oryxslayer as well as a number of maps created by everyone.

Virginia held her provincial elections on March 30th, 2019, and the results speak for themselves. The ruling National Union Party lost seats in every direction, and dropped over 10% from their 2015 result. Readujuster leaders Tom Perriello and Jennifer McClellan claimed victory, promising that “Virginia would once again be for lovers”.

awRBtWI.png

The story behind the Readjuster’s victory last night is one that sounds like it came from the minds of a conspiracy theorist. Yet somehow, the Commonwealth became synonymous with chaos. It began with William Howell’s resignation as Premier in 2017 and the planned handover to National Union whip Tommy Norment. Things did not go as planned though. In December 2018, additional allegations about Norment’s previous affair surfaced in addition to allegations of racial insensitivity from his past. Faced with pressures from the backbench, Norment resigned before the start of the 2019 session. This began the 2019 succession crisis.

The media, emboldened by already on kill, applied their previous scrutiny to the potential successors. One by one, National Union Provincial MPs found themselves exposed to the presses on their past failings. But it wasn’t only the National Union, as other party leaders tried to exert influence over the situation, they found themselves under attack. With over a third of the chamber facing some sort of allegation, be it sexual abuse, racial insensitivity, or corruption, the speaker seized control of the situation. Speaker Roxann Robinson had already been acting as the unofficial Premier during the collapse of the day to day order, but now action was needed. In consultation with the parties, she declared that the chamber no longer possessed a quorum representative to the people. Her bill to move up the 2019 elections was accepted unanimously.

The 2019 elections were unprecedented in the number of new provincial representatives elected. Past legislators, even though they were free of sin, lost their renominations at the local party conventions. People were fed up with politics as usual. Outsiders from the media, universities, small businesses, military, and activist groups were the most common nominees. Perriello symbolizes this perfectly, an airlifted leader from Philadelphia to stand above the chaos of the Chamber. But the party divide also reflects the disconnected politics. The Virginia Traditional Party surged above its standard baseline, boosted by those on the right disgusted the National Union and by those who thought that the politicians shouldn’t have resigned. The Environmental Party had a breakout moment, winning seats on the back of disgusted voters. The readjusters have subsequently reached out to the Appalachians, their traditional allies, but no government has yet been formed.

Note, I added the county lines as another layer this time around. Tell me how you like it.

Virginia held her provincial elections on March 30th, 2019, and the results speak for themselves. The ruling National Union Party lost seats in every direction, and dropped over 10% from their 2015 result. Readujuster leaders Tom Perriello and Jennifer McClellan claimed victory, promising that “Virginia would once again be for lovers”.

awRBtWI.png
Neet what you have done. I suppose Lee Carter would be a member of the Environmental Party here?