Also, if you want to edit the province boundaries for the Beiyang era, here they are (two maps, since they changed somewhat over time):

Warlords1926A.png

Warlords1926A.png

Do you do a lot of the research here yourself then? Seems very detailed for maps and such.
I do (in the sense of assembling information from numerous sources instead of just copying one source).

My main sources are wikipedia (English and Chinese), wordstatesmen.org, republicanchina.org, and baike.baidu.com.

I don't actually speak Chinese, so I do use Google Translate frequently.

Last edited:
I've noticed that a lot of people on youtube have requested that a video about the entire warlord era be made. They've shown up in my comments section as well, so I figured this is a good opportunity to make a final version of the Warlord Atlas, as an animation. It's not as detailed as the existing versions, which I'll probably continue to update, but it does have information from some new sources I've recently discovered.

Below is the slide exactly halfway between the beginning and end (8 October 1911 to 13 December 1937):

BRsKUlu.png

I'm not finished of course, as of this post I'm on 1925.2.1

ST15RM

Banned
I've noticed that a lot of people on youtube have requested that a video about the entire warlord era be made. They've shown up in my comments section as well, so I figured this is a good opportunity to make a final version of the Warlord Atlas, as an animation. It's not as detailed as the existing versions, which I'll probably continue to update, but it does have information from some new sources I've recently discovered.

Below is the slide exactly halfway between the beginning and end (8 October 1911 to 13 December 1937):

Kolchak has shown his true form! Fly in and protect the Board! Do it, ST15RM, our Super Star!

I'll give you a sec to see if you get that reference.

BRsKUlu.png

2391st slide... Oh my god... And it's just the middle.

Is that for the whole era or just the Guangxi-KMT wars?
I did a search on the Google Docs containing my research for the Warord Era and Guangdong and Hunan were mentioned more often than any other province. Guangxi was mentioned even more, but that was frequently referring to the Guangxi Clique attacking other provinces, not anything to do with the actual province of Guangxi. It's hard to be certain about whether Guangdong or Hunan changed hands more for that exact reason.

Looking forward to that!

[Also, Warlord Russia......it was hinted at! And done in your map style would make it a definitive resource!]