Alternate Electoral Maps III

There was an attempt...

wSuMIq7.png
What is this supposed to show?

ct2uHaP.png

Likewise, here's a GOP landslide in New England. every state goes Republican, and Massachusetts and Rhode Island are the only close ones. this came out noticeably better than my last attempt at creating a county map with MS Paint, for some reason.

Theodore's Roosevelt's Progressive Party never died

[IMAGE]

Gov. John Bel Edward (D-LA)/Gov. Mike Pence (D-IN) - 346 EVs
Sen. Elizabeth Warren (P-MA)/Sen. Bernie Sanders (P-VT) - 130 EVs
Gov. Charlie Baker (R-MA)/Gov. John Kasich (R-OH) - 62 EVs
Really cool idea. So sad that Kasich fails to carry Ohio though.

ct2uHaP.png

Likewise, here's a GOP landslide in New England. every state goes Republican, and Massachusetts and Rhode Island are the only close ones. this came out noticeably better than my last attempt at creating a county map with MS Paint, for some reason.
Nice map. But I can't see a Republican winning Vermont even in their best case/landslide scenario. Unless it is a historical map.
In 2016, Clinton won it with larger margin than Illinois, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Washington and Oregon. It was 6th most Democratic state. In 2012, it was second most D state (after Hawaii).
A lot of things changed since it was a red state.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I remember seeing maps of alternate Canadian constituencies. Might I ask (and forgive me for sounding retarded) how does an amateur mapmaker draw alternate Canadian ridings?
Kindly refrain from using "retarded" unless you are discussing a method of bombing or firefighting.

Nice map. But I can't see a Republican winning Vermont even in their best case/landslide scenario. Unless it is a historical map.
In 2016, Clinton won it with larger margin than Illinois, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Washington and Oregon. It was 6th most Democratic state. In 2012, it was second most D state (after Hawaii).

If current trends continue (which is definitely not guaranteed), it should become substantially more competitive in the somewhat near future.

This map was more of a Baker vs. Manchin kind of realignment map though.

I mean not necissarily on a national level but it is possible

genusmap.php

A closer 1984. Mondale does better in the final weeks of the campaign and his attacks stick a little better in the debates. As a result, he ends up winning a 6 percent swing in his favor. Still a massive loss electorally, but next to McGovern 1972 it looks almost like a 2000 repeat by comparison (there are 9 states he loses by less than ten points in this timeline), and in terms of the popular vote, Mondale's defeat falls to just barely below average

Theodore's Roosevelt's Progressive Party never died

genusmap.php

Gov. John Bel Edward (D-LA)/Gov. Mike Pence (D-IN) - 346 EVs
Sen. Elizabeth Warren (P-MA)/Sen. Bernie Sanders (P-VT) - 130 EVs
Gov. Charlie Baker (R-MA)/Gov. John Kasich (R-OH) - 62 EVs
I'm curious if TR's Progressive Party stays Would the Kennedy's be part of this Party?