Simple technological improvements for the Bronze Age?

What are some of these that you guys think could improve the standard of living of people both in cities and in the country between 2000-1000 BCE?

kholieken

Banned
Bronze is rarer and more expensive than Iron; unavailability of cheap plow, hoe, and ax will limit agricultural reform.

Hardy har har !
It was a serious answer.

Iron working was a technology easily discoverable within that timeframe. It would have seriously advanced the standard of living, since iron working permitted a much greater expansion in the quantity of metal available for tools and other purposes. That in turn would considerably expand the standard of living, eg the availability of iron tools would significantly enhance agricultural productivity.

It was a serious answer.

Iron working was a technology easily discoverable within that timeframe. It would have seriously advanced the standard of living, since iron working permitted a much greater expansion in the quantity of metal available for tools and other purposes. That in turn would considerably expand the standard of living, eg the availability of iron tools would significantly enhance agricultural productivity.

I believe he is laughing because it very well couldn't be the BRONZE age if they are working iron.

It was a serious answer.

I know, I know. It would cease to be the Bronze Age though, right?

Roads, lots of roads, and Iron.

Ah, roads! Definitely.

Parchment. Soap. Maybe not anyone’s top ten but knitting wasn’t invented until about 900 AD.

I’m pretty sure they had parchment, but I’m not too well read on the history of soap. Why knitting, though?

I believe he is laughing because it very well couldn't be the BRONZE age if they are working iron.

That is precisely why.

SwampTiger

Banned
In many ways, bronze is equal or superior to iron, not steel. Cost and availability are its downfall. Cheap iron replaced bronze for most uses.

I would list crop rotation and the horse collar.

Ah, roads! Definitely.

Rads aren't really a technological innovation, per say, but I assume you mean either some methiod of productive cheap pavement en-mass or tool for quickly laying down a road bed. Some kind of oxen-drawn grading plow, perhaps? Earlier discovery of tar-production?

Personally, I'd suggest a the windmill. The mechanics aren't overly complicated.