Alternate Electoral Maps III

genusmap.php

Marianne Williamson (D-CA)/Fmr. Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D-TX) ~ 305 EVs, 43.1%
Pres. Donald Trump (R-NY)/Vice Pres. Mike Pence (R-IN) ~ 229 EVs, 42.9%
Howard Schultz (SAM-WA)/Fmr. Gov. John Kasich (SAM-OH) ~ 3 EVs, 7.1%
Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI)/Fmr. Rep. Ron Paul (L-TX) ~ 1 EV, 0.00%
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI)/Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) ~ 1 EV, 0.01%
No current politics, there’s another thread for that. But still a very good map.

I would like a current politics thread. I want to see the return of 2020 maps.

Anyways here's a new one a future history from about 2012.
2016 from my outlook in 2012: The Romney coalition returns
genusmap.php
Republican: Governor Chris Christie (NJ)/Senator Marco Rubio (FL)-301 Electoral-51.1% Popular
Democratic: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton/Fmr Governor
Deval Patrick (MA)-237 Electoral-43.5% Popular
Libertarian: Fmr: Governor Gary Johnson (NM)/Fmr Governor Bill Weld (MA)-0 electoral 4.4% Popular
Others: Various (Various): 0 electoral 1% Popular

Last edited:
Two Random Unrelated Election Scenarios I Thought Up The Other Day (or T.R.U.E.S.I.T.U.T.O.D., for short):

Kerry/Lewis v Perry/Lewis (or, John-John vs. Rick-Ron) (President Kerry / VP John Lewis winning re-election over Governor Perry / Rep. Ron Lewis in 2008):
gHEL1pY.png

[ https://imgur.com/gHEL1pY.png ]

Kerry was praised for his response to Katrina, with Governor Blanco receiving most of the blame for state-level recovery issues and Republicans in congress delaying a recovery package bill being passed until November 2005. Overseas, Kerry’s handling of Iraq was fairly popular. In a crowded primary field, Texas Governor Perry won over populist voters, allowing him to win the 2008 GOP presidential nomination over Senator Allen, Senator McCain, former Governor Romney, and Senator Snowe. Doubling down on his campaign themes, Perry chose Ronald E. Lewis, a U.S. Congressman from Kentucky since 1994, to be his running mate. The debates saw both Perry and Lewis make several gaffes. Kerry won the election 306-232, but that was still narrower than expected; Kerry lost both NC and GA, two states he won in 2004, and again Republicans won Nevada.

RINOs and DINOs:
InMeykB.png

[ https://imgur.com/InMeykB.png ]

A 2004 election held amidst controversial foreign wars where increasingly liberal peace-dove Senator Lincoln Chafee (RI) (with US Rep. Kay Granger (TX) as R.M.) wins over increasingly conservative war-hawk President Joe Lieberman (CT) / V.P. Ben Nelson (NE), 285-253.

2000 US presidential election
genusmap.php

Al Gore/Joe Lieberman-Democratic: 269 EV 48.59%
George W Bush/Tom Ridge-Republican: 269 EV 47.62%

1992 US election
genusmap.php

Bill Clinton/Al Gore-Democratic: 369 EV 41.03%
President George HW Bush/Dan Quayle-Republican: 168 EV 35.47%
Ross Perot/James Stockdale-Independent: 1 EV 22.91%

Just to jump on the bandwagon, here's my county map I made for an inverse 1980. I've posted this before but just in case anyone missed it, I'll post it again.

aVFD0et.jpg

Yeah, I know Carter can't win 1980 and stuff (although I can argue that I think he should have easily won all states he lost by less than 5 points) but since he broke the record for longest lived president in history, I felt like it was worth going ASB for one map

1992 US election
genusmap.php

Bill Clinton/Al Gore-Democratic: 369 EV 41.03%
President George HW Bush/Dan Quayle-Republican: 168 EV 35.47%
Ross Perot/James Stockdale-Independent: 1 EV 22.91%

I wonder what you would have to do in order for Perot to get the one electoral vote from Maine, but literally nothing else. Not even the rest of Maine lol

Maine 2nd district was the closest he got IOTL he only lost by 5 points there while losing by 8 points statewide.

I meant what changes would have to be made to the general nature of the campaign, therefore making it alternate history, albeit barely. Sorry if I was not clear

I meant what changes would have to be made to the general nature of the campaign, therefore making it alternate history, albeit barely. Sorry if I was not clear

Oh right. The campaign was pretty volatile (though I'd argue Bush's chances of winning are overrated in AH and there'd need to be several PoDs for him to win), if Perot didn't withdraw in June he'd probably have gotten more support but if anything this could be underestimating him. Perhaps a better Perot campaign with a better VP and not accusing Bush of trying to sabotage his daughter's wedding would have made him do better.