Sports What Ifs.

It was not money, was the risk and culture, The Barca have the Masia as their development school, RM and MU prefer to buy players from other team and schools
Hmm I guess I can see that. A question of "will they invest". I suppose if following your view of MU & RM, in your envisioning it's more likely for the Messi & Ronaldo duo to assemble in Barca.

Hmm I guess I can see that. A question of "will they invest". I suppose if following your view of MU & RM, in your envisioning it's more likely for the Messi & Ronaldo duo to assemble in Barca.
Maybe the go for CR7 when miss Beckham? he and Ronaldiño and later messi would be amazing, and later they can sold CR7..to juventus? if they got him early, that will be a force to be reckoned and messi vs CR7 duels in UCL too

Aside from all playing in the AFL, what do Johnny Robinson, John Hadl, Earl Faison, Pete Beatherd, Gerry Philben, Fred Biletnikoff, Jim Norton and Houston Antwine all have in common?

They were all drafted by the Detroit Lions.

If the AFL never existed, would this crew have a chance to overtake the Packers and be the team of the 1960's in the NFL, especially joining a team that already had Alex Karras, Roger Brown, Joe Schmidt, Wayne Walker, Yale Larry and Night Train Lane?

Aside from all playing in the AFL, what do Johnny Robinson, John Hadl, Earl Faison, Pete Beatherd, Gerry Philben, Fred Biletnikoff, Jim Norton and Houston Antwine all have in common?

If the AFL never existed, would this crew have a chance to overtake the Packers and be the team of the 1960's in the NFL, especially joining a team that already had Alex Karras, Roger Brown, Joe Schmidt, Wayne Walker, Yale Larry and Night Train Lane?

Not after the voodoo hex Bobby Layne put on them.

I just found out about this yesterday (it was a tweet from legendary Cowboy executive Gil Brandt): In 1995, John Dorsey (current Browns GM) was a scout for the Packers.

According to Gil, Ron Wolf's biggest regret was not listening to Dorsey that year as he was pounding the table for a certain player. That player's name: Terrell Davis, who would come back to haunt them in SB 32 two years later.

I just found out about this yesterday (it was a tweet from legendary Cowboy executive Gil Brandt): In 1995, John Dorsey (current Browns GM) was a scout for the Packers.

According to Gil, Ron Wolf's biggest regret was not listening to Dorsey that year as he was pounding the table for a certain player. That player's name: Terrell Davis, who would come back to haunt them in SB 32 two years later.
Woah...small league(when not become a boys club) still, Favre with a running game...3-peat?

Woah...small league(when not become a boys club) still, Favre with a running game...3-peat?

It's possible. Here's another scary thought, though: What if the Pack had Davis, and what if they traded up in the 1996 draft to get Ray Lewis? Wolf was all ready to take him, but the Ravens beat him to it. Those Packer teams could have been really dominant.

As for my Broncos, they probably end up 6-10 in 1995 without TD's 1,117 yards, 49 catches, and 8 total TD's. So, in the 1996 draft, they have the eighth overall pick (more than likely). At that point, there are two good RB's on the board: Tim Biakabatuka and Heisman Winner Eddie George. Eddie did have a more consistent career at Ohio St, so I can see Shanahan taking him with that pick.

Then, in Round 2 (pick 38 overall), it's possible that LB John Mobley (Denver's first round pick in OTL) is still there. He was an unknown from Kutztown St. who did get a little play right before the draft. However, I didn't see too many mocks at the time that had John going in Round 1. So, I could see him falling to Denver early in Round 2.

Elway may still get a ring with George, but with an even better GB team, it would have been tougher.

Elway may still get a ring with George, but with an even better GB team, it would have been tougher.
A lot, that is why with Davis 2 straight and 3-peat are real chances(even against that amazing viking team), but with Lewis..woah, the packers would be something else

Two Cleveland Indian Questions:

1. What if Herb Score isn't hit with a line drive in 1957, and he continues to be a great pitcher well into the 60's?

2. What if the Indians didn't hire trader Frank Lane as GM (the idiot who traded away Rocky Colavito)?

Do the Indians have that three-plus decade fall-off, or do they remain contenders in the 60's (and maybe the 70's)?

Two Cleveland Indian Questions:

1. What if Herb Score isn't hit with a line drive in 1957, and he continues to be a great pitcher well into the 60's?

2. What if the Indians didn't hire trader Frank Lane as GM (the idiot who traded away Rocky Colavito)?

Do the Indians have that three-plus decade fall-off, or do they remain contenders in the 60's (and maybe the 70's)?

They may get another without Trader Dipshit but once the A’s take off another one is a tough sell. They may end up, fittingly, like the 1980s Browns - success but little to show for it.

The fact that these players were known to be considering the AFL hurt their draft stock, so it's very likely that without the AFL the players would go higher than they did in the NFL Draft OTL.

Another thing to consider is that the success of the Lions may not allow them to draft the same players. If you give them some of the older players like Robinson and Norton, they'll probably be better than they were OTL and thus pick later in the draft. They won't be able to pick some of the younger players of this list.

Even if the Lions can accumulate all this talent, idk of they can top the 60's Packers. Even this distinguished corps of players contain less Hall of Famers than Lombardi's Packers, they were so fucking good

I believe that this has been stated before, but never answered. So, revisiting my Saints:

WI Philips elects to trade the #1 pick to Dallas in exchange for QB Glenn Carano, WR Drew Pearson, and RB Tony Dorsett?

I believe that this has been stated before, but never answered. So, revisiting my Saints:

WI Philips elects to trade the #1 pick to Dallas in exchange for QB Glenn Carano, WR Drew Pearson, and RB Tony Dorsett?

That’s a hell of an offense. Archie Manning May set the bar higher for his kids, but a title might be a tall order.

That’s a hell of an offense. Archie Manning May set the bar higher for his kids, but a title might be a tall order.
1981. The actual trade proposal was Dallas's first rounder (26th overall), LB Guy Brown, RB Ron Springs, and DE Larry Bethea for the #1 overall pick and a chance at LT:

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-...e-scene-story-of-how-LT-was-drafted-53568212/
In that way a manning is out as OTL, they just picked his sucessor(even if mediocre) and allow dallas a nice DE...that might be wasted when the team collapse in the 80's. The rest would be a rare win-win trade but both teams not got very well later on