Alternate Weapons of War thread...

How do you all feel about Helical weapons? Anyone wanna try giving a crack at a rifle, machine pistol, or pistol with that kind of system?

Do spiral bores in rifles and muskets count?

Uh, no. What I meant to say was how do all you all feel about helical-fed magazines on guns. I was wondering of anyone could take a crack at making a sub-machine, pistol, or assault rifle with a helical magazine.

They have their problems, but I like how futuristic the designs look

PP-19 Bizon, PP-90m, Calico M960, and Danuvia VD-01 are real life examples. If want fictional examples pretty much all of the Helghast arsenal from Killzone utilizes these magazines.

450px-Bizon9x18.jpg
pp90m1-l.jpg
That.s.a.helical.magazine.the_.Calico.M900.VIDEO_.jpg

DanuVDR.jpg

Fictional Helical Weapons: Killzone

495277b3aefffa41ca48378b901cc476b5219b0e_00.jpg

^^^ --- Sta-11 SMG

StA-18_Pistol.jpg

^^^ --- Sta-18 Pistol

sta_52_assault_rifle_by_czechbiohazard_d3g8evn-fullview.jpg

^^^ --- Sta-52 Assault Rifle w/ underslung shotgun attachment

Uh, no. What I meant to say was how do all you all feel about helical-fed magazines on guns. I was wondering of anyone could take a crack at making a sub-machine, pistol, or assault rifle with a helical magazine.

They have their problems, but I like how futuristic the designs look

PP-19 Bizon, PP-90m, Calico M960, and Danuvia VD-01 are real life examples. If want fictional examples pretty much all of the Helghast arsenal from Killzone utilizes these magazines.

View attachment 446979 View attachment 446980 View attachment 446981
View attachment 446982

Fictional Helical Weapons: Killzone

View attachment 446984

^^^ --- Sta-11 SMG

View attachment 446985

^^^ --- Sta-18 Pistol

View attachment 446986

^^^ --- Sta-52 Assault Rifle w/ underslung shotgun attachment
Helical feed Thompson.

_helical_thompson-III.png

Interesting and I remember seeing this video a while back and it may have had a subconscious influence for my tommy gun but the Calico M960 on this page post # 5804 was the main inspiration.
I really like the Coender it would've been a hell of a gun for its time if it had been helical fed.