The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

ST15RM

Banned
upload_2019-3-8_19-16-37.png

Moar Indian Reserves!

i probably should've clarified that i meant zooming out (such as seeing part of patagonia near the falklands to find out where it goes exactly)
Oh. I see what you mean. I was redoing the coast of Chile that has all those nasty lookin black clusters of islands and coasts. I’ll do it in a couple hours

All the new patches are great but I want to point out that some areas in Indonesia, the Falklands, Sweden and Belize use the wrong coastline colour.

Myanmar.png

Small patch for Myanmar, the self-administered zones are not the second levels but don't seem to share a status as first or third levels, so I made them be the same colors as reservations and changed the formerly third levels to second. Patched the coast as well and started some third levels for Yunnan, and made a border patch for the South-Tibet dispute

Pitcairn Islands patch. The relative sizes of Pitcairn and Henderson were off. Ducie is also de jure claimed by the United States, as per the Guano Islands Act, although this has been considered dormant since America has never established a physical presence on the island to maintain its claim.

Pitcairn Islands.png

Tibet and East Turkestan.png

Patched everything having to do with Xinjiang and Xizang (East Turkestan and Tibet):
-Fixed the border from Mongolia to Myanmar
-Fixed the first and second levels of both
-added third levels for both
-added lakes in the Himalayas and patched some lakes in Xinjiang
-patched the border disputes between China and India

X3? Did @Ashtagon revise their scheme?

It's pretty much the same as the X2, but contains colors for climatic and biome data. I came across it in the color algorithm files that @Ashtagon shared with me because she got tired of me asking if such-and-such a color could be used for Bougainville, finally telling me to look for it myself. I've been told that the X3 is "experimental," and that it likely would not be developed any further.

EDIT: With regards to the map, I did cheat a tiny bit. I dropped down the national borders colors from the X2/X3 RGB 4-4-4 to the "special national borders" color of 17-17-17. This is to better help distinguish it from the coastline (0-0-0) and map edge (1-1-1). Trying to make life easy for editing, since that's kind of what is done on this thread.

Last edited:
Fixed some islands off of the Australian east coast. There were two islands where Lord Howe Island is supposed to be, and nothing in the vicinity of Elizabeth and Middleton Reefs. I assume that whoever composed the previous version of this area simply merged the three.

Patch 1 - Lord Howe Island and Middleton-Elizabeth Reefs.png