If We Didn't Shake Hands, How Would We Greet Each Other?

Maybe the Roman salute? IIRC it was a gesture to show that oneself was unarmed and thus had no intention to hurt the other, imo a good way to greet someone.

A clenched fist could conceivably conceal a small weapon so isn't going to develop as an alternative. Whatever developed would require either an open hand or some action actively using the hand in such a way as to indicate the other party was unarmed.

Full anal penetration.
glad that timeline failed

however I was going to say spear to the chest or back .. or rock over head ..

Hi me Uhg.. <cracks rock over other persons head> however in this case .. I guess your plan might work too or go along with said timeline.. but again, glad this didn't pan out very well and fell out of fashion

glad that timeline failed
Think that if there are infinite multiverses in one of them you're banged several times a day as a cordial salute and rapists are considered sort of social celebrities for being so polite to everyone. Better not living there indeed.

I live in a small town in which the casual way to greet another person is just raising the head looking at him, maybe that could work.

Think that if there are infinite multiverses in one of them you're banged several times a day as a cordial salute and rapists are considered sort of social celebrities for being so polite to everyone. Better not living there indeed.

I live in a small town in which the casual way to greet another person is just raising the head looking at him, maybe that could work.

Seems less messy and not as intrusive to the private space

But that is based on already knowing who the other person is and not perceiving them as any kind of threat. The handshake is a formal greeting which descends from "I am not holding a weapon and don't have hostile intentions" countered by "I don't have hostile intentions either". So a Roman salute, a high five, an upraising both hands, a bow with both hands in "prayer position", a handclasp (i.e. both my own hands shaking each other) or a handclap are all plausible alternatives. Anything that doesn't prevent you holding a dagger is unlikely to evolve.

Gradations, possibly, based on relative social status. You nod to an equal, and truly bow before a superior. Perhaps certain fanciful protocols for special occasions. (Indeed, you could see buinessmen bowing to each other in specific ways to open negotiations, and then in other specific ways at the end of either successful or unsuccessful talks.)

And in the modern day, we could increasingly see progressives opposed to these old-fashioned forms, with youthful social activists even deploring and condemning all of it as classism etc.
In that case I kowtow to a IKEA manager

"oh great master of the furniture grant me a small discount"

i don't actually shake people hands that often, but just give what looks like lazy Hitler salute and say "hey" or "alright".

We already have something similar in RL. Have you ever heard of Croatian Handshake?

How long did you have to search for this.. I mean.. Really I'm pretty adept at google
. But like.
"hey siri .. Find me. Full anal penetration ritual greetings around the world "

"I found 1 obscure reference . Is your wife at home before I tell these results . And no its not north Korea "

Also @sarapen . You really arsed this thread up mate . ++ 2 more pints for you

How long did you have to search for this.. I mean.. Really I'm pretty adept at google
. But like.
"hey siri .. Find me. Full anal penetration ritual greetings around the world "

"I found 1 obscure reference . Is your wife at home before I tell these results . And no its not north Korea "

Also @sarapen . You really arsed this thread up mate . ++ 2 more pints for you
Man I don't even like butt stuff.