The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

I never expected that last plot twist. But, 1944 is still an electoral year - Wallace has to treat carefully the final peace agreements in Europe, at least in front of the US public opinion - to be the legacy of Roosevelt may not suffice to win the elections. Also the Democratic convention may become a nightmare... If OTL everyone would be for Roosevelt, the party would support Wallace? I really doubt on this.

Meanwhile hurray for the Jewish brigade liberating Prague as well! Even if Stalin would become furthermore furious at the news...

He wouldn't be able or willing to oust Vittorio Emanuele III (too entrenched and the Army is ultimately loyal to him), but he'll probably keep up the OTL slander campaign against the future Umberto II in order to prepare a future showdown. Mussolini has enough legitimacy though,

Anyway apparently won't be necessary, knowing in the TTL 1980's Umberto will be king and seems to be respected as well.

It looks like Mussolini will be encountering some problems in the later peace talks, since Henry Wallace was not at all a fan of fascism IRL.

Dolan

Banned
It looks like Mussolini will be encountering some problems in the later peace talks, since Henry Wallace was not at all a fan of fascism IRL.
Wallace could also inadvertently end up pushing Churchill and De Gaulle closer to Mussolini as well.

Might be weird, but why did this might meant the alternate EU ITTL won't be the nice one we knew? (they will definitely keep their Empires)

Wallace could also inadvertently end up pushing Churchill and De Gaulle closer to Mussolini as well.

Might be weird, but why did this might meant the alternate EU ITTL won't be the nice one we knew? (they will definitely keep their Empires)

An different European Union to look at certainly.

I just finished reading this Tl today & I absolutely love it!! By the way who is in charge of rump Greece?

A junta of the generals who betrayed Metaxas, kept in power by Roman Alliance guarantee. To say they’re not popular is an understatement.

Same story in Serbia ... for now.

Another thought regarding the civil war in Germay: regardless of who wins the conflict, neo-nazis are probably going to be more popular and widespreads than OTL because between the assasination of Hitler and the "betrayal" of the armed forces the "stab in the back" mith is probably going to outlive the Third Reich.
I also fear that the "Clean Wehrmacht" mith is going to be more popular than OTL.

neo-nazis are probably going to be more popular and widespreads than OTL because between the assasination of Hitler and the "betrayal" of the armed forces the "stab in the back" mith is probably going to outlive the Third Reich.
I don't think the neo-nazis would be more popular after what the people had been through. I think Germans would be grateful for the Anti-Nazis for crushing the madness that was them and Hitler.

Another thought regarding the civil war in Germay: regardless of who wins the conflict, neo-nazis are probably going to be more popular and widespreads than OTL because between the assasination of Hitler and the "betrayal" of the armed forces the "stab in the back" mith is probably going to outlive the Third Reich.
I also fear that the "Clean Wehrmacht" mith is going to be more popular than OTL.
And Fascism might be a popular political opinion. I can see that many fascist movement might popup across the world. Atleast if it follow Italian model it would be the non racist kind.

I don’t agree with the first. The jaw dropping stupidity of invading Italy to kill Jews, the reality of the Holocaust and so on will keep nazism to the societal fringe.

The second one however ...

I don't think the neo-nazis would be more popular after what the people had been through. I think Germans would be grateful for the Anti-Nazis for crushing the madness that was them and Hitler.
The problem is that Neo-Nazis aren't rational people: ITTL they would either blame the Jews or say that Himmler did what was necessary to "save" Germany from the traitors.
And Fascism might be a popular political opinion.
No doubts about this. Fascism is probably going to be seen as a third ideology during this world's version of the Cold War, but many neo-nazis will probably say it is a jewish cospiracy.

Dolan

Banned
No doubts about this. Fascism is probably going to be seen as a third ideology during this world's version of the Cold War, but many neo-nazis will probably say it is a jewish cospiracy.
I thought it was already said somewhere in the opening that the Israel ITTL would in the Fascist block.

That alone would meant more devotion to common National loyalty instead of based on Racism.

Also commie screw and the fact that Britain might end up closer to Italy this time around. I already smell Fascist EU in the making, keeping American style Capitalism away at Europe.

Wait, for a fascist EU we need at least France, and it's not like they are that willing to go in the Anglo Italian sort of alliance.
Wehraboos would have been justified by their arguments as they would have the backing of history on their side.
On the other hand, less "wunderwaffen" and being beaten by a ragtag army of refugees isn't that good of a reputation. Of course, Hitler really screwed everything, from the moment they entered Slovenia, even if Trieste was a victory, they would have been encircled.

I think if EU happen it will be less fascist EU and more politically diverse EU where there are various form of government existing in it (democracy and fascist).

I thought it was already said somewhere in the opening that the Israel ITTL would in the Fascist block.

That alone would meant more devotion to common National loyalty instead of based on Racism.

Also commie screw and the fact that Britain might end up closer to Italy this time around. I already smell Fascist EU in the making, keeping American style Capitalism away at Europe.
1) Maybe i am wrong, but for now it seems that Israel has a good relationship with Italy and nothing else
2) Italian Fascism used the concept of "White man's burden" a lot to justify its foreign policies in Africa.
3)While i agree with you regarding the relationship between England and Italy, i doubt that it will last for too long. I suspect that the actions committed by Italy and the other fascist countries in their colonies will probably alienate even the most anti-comunist politicians around the world

I think interesting effect of fascism not being seen in bad light could even effect my country (Thailand). Instead of abandoning fascism to adopt democracy we might remain fascist post world war 2.